Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Petition To Get Rid Of Solo Mode.

Nagisawa

Solo games are nice for casuals or people with children.

I like to be able to pause or go afk without consequence in case my son is trying to stick a fork in an electrical socket or something.

That's all good and everything, and some people don't have uber awesome weapons with endless ammo, they can't handle 200, 300 mobs in a mission and don't feel like having to run like mad because if they stop to take a loot room, or open some lockers they get swarmed with 10, 20 mobs in a room.

This happens in freaking Mercury and Venus.

I'm not talking about Pluto, I'm talking about 200+ mobs on M Prime, the 2nd mission in the game.

"Don't Solo!" you say... you wanna know how many times while playing that I curiously moused over worlds in Mercury and saw 0 players at any of those missions? Many times.

What better way to bend a newbie over than to make him fight 200 mobs with a Lato and an MK1-Braton, eh?

Edited by Xylia

Oh no hurr i can't survive with a rhino even with close to 3k overall hp if you take shield and armor into that aswell

but no take away solo pls i can't oneshot every enemy i see at all the game is simply too hard

i cannot build one of the godtier weapons and make the game look like a joke

DE PLS FIX

The OP does have a point, though they don't get it across very well.

Solo mode actually does......nothing.

Private and Invite-Only do the same thing.

SOLO should tone down some mechanics in the game to make it more friendly on the Solo player like it once did back in U8.

When U9 came out, they decided "HAY LET'S JACK UP ALL THE RESPAWNS!!!!"

It used to be that Solo Mobile Defense was once do-able solo. Now you get such ridiculous numbers of mobs, you need to be a "press this  for everything to die" frame (Nova, Rhino, etc), or you need a Frost for Snowglobe... I remember the days I could solo Lv20 mobile defense missions. Slightly hectic, but not too bad.

Now? Pfft. Way too stinking many mobs.

Every mission I do now, even the Lv15-ish Corpus Alert stuff, I end up killing 200+ mobs in each and every mission because the respawns are just too stinking high.

It is hard to get more than a few seconds to loot a room, reload your gun, or let your shields recover without lotus going "Heavy activity ahead! heavy activity ahead! heavy activity ahead! Warning: Heavy Unit Approaching. Warning: Heavy Unit Approaching!" every 10 seconds.

I personally haven't noticed to much of a difficulty hike after U9

Then again I mostly use Nyx so I can't just press 3 and watch the enemies kill each other.

Regardless I think that they should make the number of mobs that can spwan at a time scale with how many people there are in the game

Why are you so against lowering the difficulty if you choose Solo mode?

Because choosing to go solo is a completely different decision than setting the difficulty slider back a few notches.  If something is too difficult to do as a group, it should still be equally difficult to do as solo.  The idea of "oh, well I should just do it solo so it's easier," should only exist in a setting where other people would just hold you back (probably while rushing), not that they add to the difficulty of the situation.

If you want to play with people at similar level, maybe it's time to make some friends?

Though, I agree with removing Solo option. Too many threads like "I can't solo T3 defence, make it easier!", "I want things for solo players only, since there are weapons for clan only, and I don't want to be in a clan!", "I'm antisocial and I wantz to play as ez as full teams!"

And you still can run solo using "private" mode. Since soloers don't have friends, nobody will join them, so...

I play solo because I can PAUSE SOLO MODE.

This is a vital reason most people play solo mode. I can't play private solo, pause, go for a piss, get a drink and come back

Because choosing to go solo is a completely different decision than setting the difficulty slider back a few notches.  If something is too difficult to do as a group, it should still be equally difficult to do as solo.  The idea of "oh, well I should just do it solo so it's easier," should only exist in a setting where other people would just hold you back (probably while rushing), not that they add to the difficulty of the situation.

The reason why Solo mode should reduce the difficulty of the mission, is because there's 1 Tenno, not 4, trying to complete the mission. Making 1 Tenno do the work of 4 Tenno is just stupid.

I'm sorry you use no skill rhino. But I can easily solo most missions up to around the 40-50 zone. 40-50 is what FRIENDS ARE FOR. Rhino compared to most other frames sucks. Play a Saryn or a Ash and then you will realize how easy it is to solo those missions. So stop whining and actually think your problem through before you inflame the forums.

That's all good and everything, and some people don't have uber awesome weapons with endless ammo, they can't handle 200, 300 mobs in a mission and don't feel like having to run like mad because if they stop to take a loot room, or open some lockers they get swarmed with 10, 20 mobs in a room.

This happens in freaking Mercury and Venus.

I'm not talking about Pluto, I'm talking about 200+ mobs on M Prime, the 2nd mission in the game.

"Don't Solo!" you say... you wanna know how many times while playing that I curiously moused over worlds in Mercury and saw 0 players at any of those missions? Many times.

What better way to bend a newbie over than to make him fight 200 mobs with a Lato and an MK1-Braton, eh?

WHAT? I do M Prime all the time, it's my go-to spot for ferrite.  I have NEVER killed 200 dudes, and that's while mowing them down as fast as I can, whenever I can (they drop ferrite, too).  MK-1 Braton sucked before U9 and it sucks now, but it's more than enough to clear the inner planets.

I'm super confused by this thread. If you have rhino.. how do you die? Like.. Iron skin + steel fiber is hilarious. Also the Braton and Sicarus aren't terrible weapons, the Mk-1 is however, terrible. but still that's 20K. which is like 4 missions completed. instead of complaining about the difficulty of solo, you could... Oh I don't know.

. concentrate on getting better at the game?

Food for thought.

I'm sorry you use no skill rhino. But I can easily solo most missions up to around the 40-50 zone. 40-50 is what FRIENDS ARE FOR. Rhino compared to most other frames sucks. Play a Saryn or a Ash and then you will realize how easy it is to solo those missions. So stop whining and actually think your problem through before you inflame the forums.

Not everybody has awesome weapons and awesome mods on those weapons. Not everybody has maxed nightmare mods, maxed split chamber, etc.

WHAT? I do M Prime all the time, it's my go-to spot for ferrite.  I have NEVER killed 200 dudes, and that's while mowing them down as fast as I can, whenever I can (they drop ferrite, too).  MK-1 Braton sucked before U9 and it sucks now, but it's more than enough to clear the inner planets.

Then you're probably rushing, because I try to open the lockers and smash the crates on the way through and I wind up having to kill 150-250 mobs on average on M Prime.

The reason why Solo mode should reduce the difficulty of the mission, is because there's 1 Tenno, not 4, trying to complete the mission. Making 1 Tenno do the work of 4 Tenno is just stupid.

No.  More tenno = more mobs.  You're confusing getting carried with not pulling your own weight.  One is to say that you can't keep up, and the other is to say that you just aren't.

Then you're probably rushing, because I try to open the lockers and smash the crates on the way through and I wind up having to kill 150-250 mobs on average on M Prime.

Did you even read what I wrote?  I kill literally every mob I see.  How is that rushing?  If you mean to say that "rushing" is simply using the shift key, then, yeah, sure I rush.

Solo is great.  I love online too, but solo is great.  Never get rid of it.  I agree with everyone who said if you don't like solo, don't play it.  Solo can be really fun.  In online mode, it's usually just a mad race to the finish and you can't get any kills unless you run ahead as fast as you can.  It's like, if you don't have max Rush, don't even bother.  That's why solo can be great sometimes.  You can take your time, savor it, and enjoy every kill.  And sometimes they never stop spawning, and you've just gotta run, but so what?  Solo makes for a completely different experience.  Personally, I like to go online for defense, and solo for normal missions.  It would be tragic to remove solo.  And solo is super useful for farming certain resources/bps.

Not to mention--pretty sure we were able to get far more Grineer Informers by running solo.  Don't know if we would have made that event without it.  So there.

Solo games are nice for casuals or people with children.

I like to be able to pause or go afk without consequence in case my son is trying to stick a fork in an electrical socket or something.

You don't get it, do you.  Casuals often cannot do solo past maybe Venus.  With a Rhino.  They aren't hardcore.  They're here cuz they want to be space ninja, see the flashy lights and throw daggers or sword people.

Forcing them to run through at top speed or run the risk of being mobbed to death isn't fun.  It's not even ninja like.

Worse:  You can get the same result by going Invite Only or Private.  You will still have bosses that can one shot you, or have to rush through about 300+ mobs whether you're alone, or with a full group of four.

There is no mode for us Casuals.  Solo does not exist as anything other than a name tag.

You don't get it, do you.  Casuals often cannot do solo past maybe Venus.  With a Rhino.  They aren't hardcore.  They're here cuz they want to be space ninja, see the flashy lights and throw daggers or sword people.

Forcing them to run through at top speed or run the risk of being mobbed to death isn't fun.  It's not even ninja like.

Worse:  You can get the same result by going Invite Only or Private.  You will still have bosses that can one shot you, or have to rush through about 300+ mobs whether you're alone, or with a full group of four.

There is no mode for us Casuals.  Solo does not exist as anything other than a name tag.

I'm soloing Jupiter/Neptune/Uranus at the moment.  As I type this, actually.  I am a Loki.

If you can't kill things on the inner planets then you're simply not hitting your target.  Bullets do damage, things have life, damage removes that life.  Mercury's mobs have almost nothing for health, if you shoot them, they will fall over.  If this is not happening, you are not hitting your target and do not deserve to progress.  You must learn to play the game before you get to move further into it.

I literally can't explain this in any, more simple, terms. 

Solo just needs a rework... you know, keep a save file on the PC so that if internet is out you can still play the game by yourself. That'd be awesome :P

Wouldnt that in the end ban the person who made that petition?

It would. In that case, we need someone to sacrifice. 

No.  More tenno = more mobs.  You're confusing getting carried with not pulling your own weight.  One is to say that you can't keep up, and the other is to say that you just aren't.

Which is why LESS Tenno SHOULD equal LESS mobs.

IE, setting Solo means fewer mobs should spawn in the mission because there's only 1 of you, not potential of 4.

Again why just make it so that solo has a limit of no the number of mobs that can me spawned at a time and increase the time it takes to spawn more mobs?

Edited by Neo3602

If you can't kill things on the inner planets then you're simply not hitting your target.  Bullets do damage, things have life, damage removes that life.  Mercury's mobs have almost nothing for health, if you shoot them, they will fall over.  If this is not happening, you are not hitting your target and do not deserve to progress.  You must learn to play the game before you get to move further into it.

I literally can't explain this in any, more simple, terms. 

Then why do Lv1 Sawmen take 3 shots from an unmodded Vasto to fall over? I know I'm hitting them. In the Head no less.

That's 150 base damage.

An MK1-Braton does 16 damage per bullet. You'd need to shoot it 9 times to kill it. That's for a Sawman. You know, those guys that come at you in packs of 2-4 and do 30+ damage a hit? You gotta shoot those guys NINE TIMES with an MK1-Braton to kill them.

Edited by Xylia