The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Inaros Ramses Skin feedback

IEpicWolfI

Well, I must admit it: Hats off to the Art team. The changes didn't just center on Tint 1 and the Accents metallics (which btw, now have a nice black while keeping the default colors pretty much the same), but also I can notice the lines of Tint 3 take the coloring much better. I had to use a darker tone on accessories and weapons before to match them. People who liked their previous color scheme should have it easy re reproducing it with lighter tones from what I can see.

So... This is completely unlike Harka Frost. Maybe I won't be so adamant of these kind of changes in the future with this and the Octavia Syandana changes, hah. It's one of those "I'm happy to be wrong moments" :)

So yep. Still the skin is missing two jet streams on his legs DE, is that intended at all?

EDIT: ANd because it seems some at DE has noticed the screenshots were coming off too compressed and wrong and it's been fixed as well:

Before:

Warframe0382.jpg

After:

Warframe0417.jpg

Still metallic in case anyone's worried :)

Warframe0416.jpg

Edited by NightmareT12

3 hours ago, NightmareT12 said:

Well, I must admit it: Hats off to the Art team. The changes didn't just center on Tint 1 and the Accents metallics (which btw, now have a nice black while keeping the default colors pretty much the same), but also I can notice the lines of Tint 3 take the coloring much better. I had to use a darker tone on accessories and weapons before to match them. People who liked their previous color scheme should have it easy re reproducing it with lighter tones from what I can see.

So... This is completely unlike Harka Frost. Maybe I won't be so adamant of these kind of changes in the future with this and the Octavia Syandana changes, hah. It's one of those "I'm happy to be wrong moments" :)

So yep. Still the skin is missing two jet streams on his legs DE, is that intended at all?

EDIT: ANd because it seems some at DE has noticed the screenshots were coming off too compressed and wrong and it's been fixed as well:

Before:

Warframe0382.jpg

After:

Warframe0417.jpg

Still metallic in case anyone's worried :)

Warframe0416.jpg

Too bad syandana didnt get fixed , it still has pixelated textures :(

But skin is a master piece now :D

1 minute ago, Aeon94 said:

Too bad syandana didnt get fixed , it still has pixelated textures :(

But skin is a master piece now :D

Yeah. The issue with the Syandana is that the red and yellowtan parts on the skin itself are not metallic neither. Not sure how more they can fit. Textures do indeed need a higher resolution (it's like Sukira Prime *sigh*) and the metallics need a pass so they're 1:1 with the skin (they still use the old stuff).

Um...... I actually preferred the old texture... I noticed logging in today that the skin looks too dark (matte colour?), i liked the metallic shading :(

Gonna fiddle around with colours and see if i can make it look better.

8 minutes ago, NightmareT12 said:

Yeah. The issue with the Syandana is that the red and yellowtan parts on the skin itself are not metallic neither. Not sure how more they can fit. Textures do indeed need a higher resolution (it's like Sukira Prime *sigh*) and the metallics need a pass so they're 1:1 with the skin (they still use the old stuff).

Syandana and Kopesh need same treatment that Bravura and Verismo Skins ( from Octavia Deluxe Pack ) got. Wonder why artists keep doing this inconsistency to their deluxes. Lets hope they don't do the same to upcoming deluxes :(

Edited by Aeon94

4 minutes ago, SporeCulture said:

Um...... I actually preferred the old texture... I noticed logging in today that the skin looks too dark (matte colour?), i liked the metallic shading :(

Gonna fiddle around with colours and see if i can make it look better.

You totally should. Tried some lighter colors and it looked like before.

To prove my point, before and after (with a custom color):

Warframe0382.jpg

Warframe0419.jpg

4 minutes ago, Aeon94 said:

Syandana and Kopesh need same treatment that Bravura and Verismo Skins ( from Octavia Deluxe Pack ) got. Wonder why artists keep doing this inconsistency to their deluxes.

I have no idea neither, but since many of these things are worked on in parallel it's possible the Octavia Deluxe feedback wasn't taken into account in time for this one. We'll see how Nezha and Vauban go.

Edited by NightmareT12

I feel this is an important note to those unhappy with the recent changes

The only altered texture on the skin was the accents being made shinier; the primary was simply made to retain colours better. By using a lighter/more desaturated colour, you can very easily replicate your pre-altered appearance almost exactly (in some cases, exacty)

3LcRxXE.png

Just to emphasise the necessity of this change, I have provided the colour I used in that "before" picture, how it is now. The fact that such a deep brown could appear a warm grey was simply unacceptable.

Spoiler

SdzfTDX.png

Also note the metallic shine of the brown, if you need further proof they didn't 'plastify' it.

Edited by Tiddlerdoo

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2018-03-28 at 1:08 PM, IEpicWolfI said:

Is Inaros' new skin, Ramses, meant to be THAT shiny? It's really hard to color him that way. I'd add a pic of reference, but pictures wouldn't show the point across. On top of that, the kopesh skin's blade isn't even metallic. Not to mention it's held wrong!

F0FJIXX.jpg

Also what's with the little rocket boosters all over?