Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gara Loadut and setup

Kelpie77

Question

Hi everyone

Thanks to a combination of an handful of Forma, some days of relax and a 3-day affinity booster i'm doing a little rework on some warframe and weapons. In this process, i also did a rework on my Gara build.

At the moment she looks like this:

gkPkcOK.jpg

(if you can't see the pics is: Rejuveneation - Cunning Drift / Primed Continuity - Primed Flow - Streamline - Augur Message / Blind rage - Narrow Minded (4) - Vitality - Stretch )
The one point is for Blind Rage/Primed Flow nex increase (whatever will fit in the other warframe using those mods); i guess i can Forma again to increase narrow minded a bit, or like.

I copied this build from some old post here on the forum, but i did a couple change:
a) i used Augur Message in lieu of Constitution because for a little -4% duration i got a fancy set bonus (i have also some other augur mod in secondary)
b) i don't have Transient Fortitude everyone is using :| so i used Blind Rage; i guess more duration means less recast for Splinter Storm so in the end more duration > more efficiency

I'm focused mainly for Splinter Storm spamming, to increase my defense and sometime also allies' like defense target or captive to rescue. And of course Vitrify for defense (on low level mission) and CC (on higher level mission). Shattered Lash and Spectrorage sometime, the first one for direct damage (mainly while recharging) and the second one to give me some time to retreat.

So long, now i'm guessing... what should i use on the loadout to synergize my classy-lady warframe?

For primary at the moment i'm using a Crit Soma Prime, 'cause i feel like there is always room for a thunderstorm of red crit bullet against your enemies; i got also Vaykor Hek (again critical build) and Arca Plasmor (status build) but i guess she would need more a mid-range automatic damaging primary than a close combat CC one

For secondary i was using Knell, even if i totally suck at getting headshot, but trapping a bunch of enemies inside an hallway behind a glass wall is a good way to carefully aim at their head. However, i probably will switch to Akstiletto (rain of bullet) or Zakti (to let the enemies explode in a gas cloud), but both of them are status built and vitrified enemies are immune to status so i guess i should use some more crit-oriented weapon... wich one? Twin Grakata?

For melee... there's a problem. The one i'm using at the moment is a zaw built pretty similar to the broken war (but with more crit status) but i don't feel like is the best option. The weapon i use the most in my main builds (ie Valkyr, Rhino, whatever else...) is a [Gladiator+Blood Rush] crit Galatine and that really clears entire rooms. But for Gara you should need to put also puncture mods so i'm guessing i should use a puncture weapon... wich one? i got an Endura but not yet catalysed so dunno if it's a good choice (also i would need a couple forma, maybe)... some fancy polearm?
Or just forget the bonus and switch to the one i got more damage (Galatine) or some fancy other combination i use on other warframe? (ie Dragon Nikana or Orvius + Zakti)

As for pet at the moment i'm using an Adarza Kavat for stripping armor and getting more crit so i guess it's ok for Gara too, right?

Ty for your advices!!

8 answers to this question

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Kelpie77:

For melee... there's a problem.

There indeed is a problem, which is that gara is more or less unable to use it, if you know what you're doing that is.

Her splinter storm sucks up damage from destroying her MV barrier and when you're near her spectro when it's destroyed. Static for spectro but for MV, it adds it's base HP, the HP it has accumulated (scales off the health of enemys caught) and adds the damage your lash can do (20-30k on a good build with a good riven) and makes it do that damage per second (!) to enemys in range so when you're in melee range, chance is that the damage your splinterstorm is able to do overpowers any melee weapon you might consider using.

Refresh it for a few circles (MV refreshes your splinter storm and you get to keep the damage) and you're literally becomming a walking one shot.

If anything, use a melee weapon with the best possible riven dispo, build exclusive for damage (elements, basedamage, slash OR Puncture, depending on what you prefer. Same for the riven.) and stick to lash and Guns. No point in sacrificing Splinter Storm damage when you're killing anything in melee range anyways.

And if you want a build recommendation: replace blind rage (Intensify is enough to reach the damage reduction treshold and honestly, you don't get damaged that much anyway so you might as well use no strength at all) and use rage/hunter adrenaline on her. Anything else works out just fine. The duration is important for Utility and stretch is worth it too but if you want the 90% reduction, go with intensify over Blind Rage and replace eather augur or stretch with rage. Or make a compromise... power drift on exilus, Rage instead of Blind Rage. Works too.

Steel charge or CP are also arguably better auras... if you lack health management, get yourself a furis. It's augument adds life steal and covers all your needs.

Pet: Lash can't really crit so anything but that. I'm a big fan of huras Kubrows on her (keeps her invisible so long you only cast and kill enemys by running into them) but a sentinel is a decent choice too.

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

first of all: thank you for your nswers and advices :)

So in a nutshell:
a) efficiency is way more important than power strenght it seems, so dropping blind rage for a rage (or i hope hunter adrenaline is good too 'cause i got no rage but i got several HA)
b) basically all you do is having splinter storm always up, then cast mass vitrify and lashing out to buff splinter storm
c) basically you don't need to use any weapons (or at least not melee weapons) so just put all mods you can use for Lash and forget to ever hit the "E" button
d) sentinel is da way (wich one? i guess the carrier...)

did i forget something?

vor einer Stunde schrieb Kelpie77:

first of all: thank you for your nswers and advices :)

So in a nutshell:
a) efficiency is way more important than power strenght it seems, so dropping blind rage for a rage (or i hope hunter adrenaline is good too 'cause i got no rage but i got several HA)

Ye. Recasting > innitial values. A little strength is good enough if anything. No need to lower your efficiency at all. And please do use Hunter Adrenaline. It is a tad stronger then Rage actually.

b) basically all you do is having splinter storm always up, then cast mass vitrify and lashing out to buff splinter storm

Also yes, feel free to take your time tho. They did split it into sections so as long as it is destroyable, you're able to benefit from both, the ward and the damage. Keep in mind to be outside of and close to the barrier when destroying it. Otherwise you won't recieve the damage.

c) basically you don't need to use any weapons (or at least not melee weapons) so just put all mods you can use for Lash and forget to ever hit the "E" button

Exactly. The accumulating damage becomes strong enough to kill enemys before you even get the chance to strike them with your melee ... that goes for medium to low range melee weapons at least but since it is a thing for her, why bother?

d) sentinel is da way (wich one? i guess the carrier...)

Carrier, Wyrm and Djin are the better pick. Carrier prime has the best stats but all of them are viable. Helios for codex scans.

Or Huras. Huras is bae.

did i forget something?

Nah you're good. Enjoy :)

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

Ok. I just discovered i can't put a 11 drain Hunter Adrenaline into this build because i need more point, so either i'll farm for another HA to raise up to 10 or apply another Forma. Besides i don't have Rage either so i guess i'll use HA.

I also discovered i can't just swap Blind Rage for HA because i'll go below 130 strenght and thus less than 90% reduction. So i need to put Intensify in lieu of Blind Rage, and Hunter Adrenaline in lieu of Augur Message. And either Power Drift (for more power), Endurance Drift (for more energy to spend on the combo) or Cunning Drift (for more range, mostly useful if i raise up Narrow Minded)

As for Huras: that's a little problem because i need the Kavat for my Eternal Warcry Valkyr Build (the one who in the end will destroy the "E" button of my keyboard) and swapping companion is not really easy like swapping sentinels. On the side note, i don't have Carrier either :shocked: 'cause i mainly use Taxon (for buffying shield on my more tankish warframe) or Helios (for whenever i don't whant the sentinel to do anything than buffying shield and collecting stuffs around). But i got almost everything i need to build Carrier Prime so probably i just need to buy the cerebrum from someone else and build it... :|

vor 1 Stunde schrieb Kelpie77:

I also discovered i can't just swap Blind Rage for HA because i'll go below 130 strenght and thus less than 90% reduction. So i need to put Intensify in lieu of Blind Rage, and Hunter Adrenaline in lieu of Augur Message. And either Power Drift (for more power), Endurance Drift (for more energy to spend on the combo) or Cunning Drift (for more range, mostly useful if i raise up Narrow Minded)

As for Huras: that's a little problem because i need the Kavat for my Eternal Warcry Valkyr Build (the one who in the end will destroy the "E" button of my keyboard) and swapping companion is not really easy like swapping sentinels. On the side note, i don't have Carrier either :shocked: 'cause i mainly use Taxon (for buffying shield on my more tankish warframe) or Helios (for whenever i don't whant the sentinel to do anything than buffying shield and collecting stuffs around). But i got almost everything i need to build Carrier Prime so probably i just need to buy the cerebrum from someone else and build it... :|

Hm then sentinel it is. And it doesn't matter if you fall below the 90%. Splinter storm starts at 70% affecting both your health and shields and between MV freezing your enemys and her passive blinding them, there really isn't that much damage to be expected. It's just about right to manage your energy but you don't exactly need to maximise that aspect.

Ok thank you

btw i applied another Forma and i did some try. Needless to says, after second run at Akkad i just realised i did'nt had to shoot to the enemies, just to walk close to them and let them explode. Very relaxing :D

btw my final build is

Rejuvenation - Cunning Drift
Primed Continuity - Primed Flow - Narrow Minded (6) - Stretch
Intensify - Streamline - Vitality - Hunter Adrenaline

if you can open the link: https://goo.gl/bYbxrw

To me she seemed kinda meh, so I just turned her into a tank frame.

She can, of course, use the damage stacking on her 2nd to kill mid-level enemies - but you have  to set it up first. Not very convenient when you can use many other frames without wasting time and  energy first to be able to kill enemies by walking up to them face to face. So the setup required + close distance make it pretty impractical for regular missions.

Her 4th is cool because of invulnerability and good CC but disables new status effects. Feels more like a support and emergency tool to me. For defence I'd still just pick Frost, he can freeze enemies in the same way, only way quicker and bubble is simpler to use. But you can still use her 4th pretty effectively for protection, it seems to scale nicely. Doesn't really need much strength either.

Yeah, so in the end I just came up with this thing that I use for melee play by casting 2nd and ignoring anything else. 4th is for emergencies, but you can can  use it for protecting targets too. Don't mind one of Graces being level 2, I guess many people misclicked after the new system came out...

20180402051105_1.jpg