Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cerberus? (Warframe idea) made a slight rework to all abilities

(PSN)Frost_Nephilim

Cerberus warframe

BEWARE the dog!

cerberus_by_moonxels-damgi0t.jpg

[Hi! I am trying to make a warframe that moves on all fours in honor of Furion and other frame concepts that move on all fours in hopes DE will find it worth it to make one]

Just to help those who dont know who cerberus is and how the abilities relate, Cerberus is basically 1 big, demonic, magical, and powerful gaurd dog! So I designed this warframe to feel like a powerful gaurd dog to a owner or objective 🙂

Passive: Cerberus's Shields takes 25% of the damage of the nearest ally or objective within 20m.

Activating the dodge button while sprinting puts warframe in a quadruped form for a slight speed boost. Performing parkour moves will cancel the quad styled movement until the frame completes the move. Using any other kind of action including will cancel the ability until the player reactivates it.

1st ability: Change the head of the warframe with the ears changing from sticking straight up, to almost straight backwards, and hanging downward on each head separately. Each head provides different buffs.

Further description:

The 1st head - Cerberus and nearby allies gain X% increased ability strength, range, and duration. (Warframe energy color temporarily glows blue when this head is selected)

The 2nd head - allows the player to deal X% more weapon damage to primary and secondary weapons, and gain X% more ability strength. In addition, enemies damaged by this warframe's abilities are now set on fire (Warframe energy color temporarily glows Red when this head is selected, color can be changed)

The 3rd head - With ears hanging downwards allows the frame to have 100% of damage taken to health to be restored to Cerberus, nearby allies and objectives over 20 seconds. A constant passive (Warframes energy color temporarily glows yellow-green when this head is selected, color can be changed). 

(I.g. cerberus takes 100 damage to health, him and his allies will have 5 health points restored per second.)

His 3rd head has excellent use with his passive, simply stand near an ally taking damage to give them damage reduction and lose your shields. With his 3rd active you will begin healing your ally back up.

2nd Ability: Cerberus creates 2 copies of himself that rise from the ground at the player's last aimed loctation (his copies will be moving on all fours) and remain within 20m of that location. Enemies within radius suffer 100% reduction to elemental damage resistance. The copies of cerberus have attacks that can add to his combo counter.

The copies will be using their own version of Cereburs 3rd and 4th ability at less range and damage.

3rd ability: 

Hold your 3rd ability button down to cause cerberus to leap to your last aimed location. When he lands he lets out a shockwave ragdolling enemies hit and pushing them away from where cerberus lands. Enemies in a 20m radius will focus 100% of their agro on Cerberus for several seconds IF he hits an enemy.

Tap the button to perform slow but high damage dealing attacks with your claws made bigger with your energy (simular to a character named "Raven" from a show called "Teen Titans"). Cost 35 energy per swing and deals your heavy melee weapon's damage multiplied by 2, adding 20 combo count per hit. It will consume the combo multipler at max combo count, giving you the ability to ignore enemy shields and armor per swing for 5 seconds.

4th Ability: Puts the player on all fours (if not already) and lets out a massive roar dealing damage based off of what head is being used.

Further description:

1st head viral

2nd head blast

3rd head Gas

All have 50% chance to proc status effects.

Enemies hit will be staggered and have a 100% chance to run in fear for 8 seconds. This ability cost 150 energy to use, takes away your ability to jump for the duration, deals 10% of targets max health and shields as true bonus damage per second until the target drops below 25% health. After 25%, you will deal a nearly fixed number of damage and you will heal you and nearby allies by 30% health per second. The ability will last for a max of 3 seconds unaffected by duration mod. Has a 15m range in a cone like shape and can be used while the frame's sprint is active. [Help from @Xgomme]

Stats at max rank:

350 health

250 shield

150 armor

300 energy

Taking another crack at cerberus, thoughts?

Frame is great at defending objectives and quickly clearing groups of enemies. 

Appearance:cerberus.png&key=2567e28733cd55fa21ffae9

the three heads are always visible but the center one is the main head. Each time you switch the ears will change on every heads, like if you were rotating them. 

With a triple tail to match and add some originality

And when you summon the clones, you end up with a single head/tail. [Appearance created by @Xgomme]

Perhaps a bit of fire could be coming from the front head where it appears a mouth would be

Edited by (PSN)IIFrost_GhostII
Might b changing more
  • Like 2

I like the head ideas, but I guess you should switch 1 and 3. Could be more logical to have the claw combo on 1 and the buff switch on 3 imo

Also I feel like the 4 should change, actually I don't even really understand it cause the description start with a duration based roar and then you go on all fours (doing what ?)

Concept frames with the "all four" thing are already a thing (Furion, Cadejo recently, and many more), those are made around it. But I feel like your Cerberus should stay around the idea of the "triple head" thing.

So, maybe make something still related to the 2 heads you're not using, example :

HOUND : Cerberus will invoke his 2 resting heads as pets, each pet have a special ability (A bit close to Atlas' ult sadly)

Or something more complex and new, like, give each head a signature combined element. Let's say Corrosive, Blast and Magnetic. And make the ultimate mixing the 2 remaining head elements into a new unique combo. Corrosive+Blast=Nitro / Blast+Magnetic=EMP / Corrosive+Magnetic=Acid 

And each combo will unlock the related ult :

Nitro > Team Buff : Cerberus will scrap X% of his armor to buff his allies' armors up to X%

EMP > Crowd Control Aura : Disable your abilities for X seconds but stunlock mobs around you (X meters range)

Acid > AoE DPS : Sort of radial javelin but with his own blood, throwing his battery acid-like blood to all nearby mobs melting them at the cost of X% life for each mob

Edited by Xgomme
  • Like 1

I can see him splitting into three one being player controlled while the other 2 are specters and while active the head changing can’t be done until the 2 return to the host. But the effects depending on which head still works. 

I can also see him being a hard to kill frame where instead of dying you lose the current head and it’s unique effect and once all 3 have been killed is when you go down and the only way to recover the missing heads is if you die completely and revive. 

Just something to think about.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Xgomme said:

Also I feel like the 4 should change, actually I don't even really understand it cause the description start with a duration based roar and then you go on all fours (doing what ?)

Take a dragon that moves on all fours right, imagine it landing, charging up, and then blow fire everywhere for a short amount of time. Basically if Cerberus was originally standing before using this ability he'll mimic what i just said above for the dragon for 5 secs during the use of the ability.

Concept frames with the "all four" thing are already a thing (Furion, Cadejo recently, and many more), those are made around it. But I feel like your Cerberus should stay around the idea of the "triple head" thing.

Really glad you like it, and i think we're constantly making "all four" warframes just to let DE know quite a few of us have a dream of feeling rather simular to a wolf or lion or something and realize valkyrie doesnt cut it as she is a warrior/beserker. If they put some time into making one of any of these beautiful ideas or their own that moves on all fours would please a lot of us! #WeLoveYouFurion

Cerberus will invoke his 2 resting heads as pets, each pet have a special ability (A bit close to Atlas' ult sadly

Yea i thought about it probably being like atlas too which was why i tried to avoid it. Then there is kohra with her freaking cat!!! Ruined everything...

Or something more complex and new, like, give each head a signature combined element. Let's say Corrosive, Blast and Magnetic. And make the ultimate mixing the 2 remaining head elements into a new unique combo. Corrosive+Blast=Nitro / Blast+Magnetic=EMP / Corrosive+Magnetic=Acid

Im quite stunned O_O pretty cool!

8 hours ago, (PS4)chris1pat8twins said:

I can also see him being a hard to kill frame where instead of dying you lose the current head and it’s unique effect and once all 3 have been killed is when you go down and the only way to recover the missing heads is if you die completely and revive. 

This idea here is Legendary!!! Ill try something!

Haha awesome!! Ill make a few changes tomorrow got a exam to study for atm ^_^ Thanks!

Edited by (PS4)Ghost--00--

Careful now, don’t want him too OP. But he would definitely be a complicated warframe to use. Most warframes have tricks that most players don’t even realize until they do a little studying on the warframe. But this one is definitely a warframe I would use a lot just for the fun of it. I’ve thought of a Phoenix frame that when killed it creates a high damaging blast explosion and has 1 extra quick revive per normal revive. After all, the Phoenix rises from the ashes. Using Cerberus would be a pretty good replacement. Divide and conquer. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, (PS4)chris1pat8twins said:

Careful now, don’t want him too OP.

IKR!!! Its why i tried to keep his stats lowish to make it a little more difficult to survive making players use his 2nd and 3rd for extra survivability. The frames 3rd head should help a bit as well.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)chris1pat8twins said:

But he would definitely be a complicated warframe to use

Is true, learning which head does what may take a little time to memorize. Yields great benefits if someone does though.

Thanks for the feedback! Do come back in time to see changes. Hope it will earn your upvote or sticker 1 day

Il y a 2 heures, (PS4)Ghost--00-- a dit :

@Xgomme hey check out the 2nd and 4th now, tried adding some of what you said. Compared to the things this ability already does i wasnt sure if making the elements combine was a little too much. What you think?

Yeah the whole concept seems solid now. Also I'll sketch a visual soon, I have some ideas in mind 

36 minutes ago, Okamibanshu88 said:

honestly as much as i'd love to see a fearl warframe, this sounds rather odd and clunky. Is it a hound style? or is it a warframe/person style? i could use some clarity on the frames actual style personally speaking.

Well i dont really know any other better way of saying this other than its hound/cerberus styled made into a warframe. Simular to Nehza who is Nehza styled made into a warframe. Its werewolf styled if youre trying to picuture it, with a long dino ish tail since fur i dont believe warframes have. Tail would just slide on the floor while standing and come off the ground resting at the frames new shoulder height.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Ghost--00-- said:

Well i dont really know any other better way of saying this other than its hound/cerberus styled made into a warframe. Simular to Nehza who is Nehza styled made into a warframe. Its werewolf styled if youre trying to picuture it, with a long dino ish tail since fur i dont believe warframes have. Tail would just slide on the floor while standing and come off the ground resting at the frames new shoulder height.

ok saying that as it is, sounds odd and more like a giant lizard then it does like Cerberus. And i take it to mean from your ability list, that he/she would have 3 heads? I love feral themed war-frames, but i feel like this one might have a few to many glaring omissions on design and complexity. Now please dont' be upset, i LOVE coming up with ideas and i feel like positive criticism can help refine an idea into a better format. The picture you put for instance, would make a great base and explain the multi head. Why work to the current system. We have kubrow, so the system of movement is already there. It might take some refinement for the movement, but none the less it exists. So perhaps go from there? Choose a 100% design for your character, and the rest tends to flow from there. You just seem to be on the fence about your own design i guess i'm saying.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Okamibanshu88 said:

Why work to the current system. We have kubrow, so the system of movement is already there.

1 could say the say the same for sentil companions that fly and titania who also can fly. The reason its added is because it fufils fantasies know? Some people want to fly, others want to run all fours, others want to dig, swim, etc etc swim may be hydroid tho, always got a pool you can feel as tho youre diving into and can move extremely fast in. 

43 minutes ago, Okamibanshu88 said:

ok saying that as it is, sounds odd and more like a giant lizard then it does like Cerberus. And i take it to mean from your ability list, that he/she would have 3 heads?

Well i suppose youre right. Perhaps the fur could work then now that i think about it, just make the warframe spiky in some areas. Like how chroma and excaliburs textured skin differs from each other. 

And yes it does have 3 heads with one present at a time because of cutscenes in warframe. So instead it would be made to look simular to this:

latest?cb=20161229111636

The frame would probably look like a big wolf now rather than a lizard which atleast fits more for a dog. Am really struggling to think of a design for the frame now, was perfect in my head till you made me realize it really would look like a lizard.. huh.... then again, it may be okay cause wukong is supposed to look like a monkey but he has shoes and idk what in the world his head is, but he atleast has a tail... i guess youd just call wukong framafied or something lol. Same would go for cerberus. Warframe styled

Edited by (PS4)Ghost--00--

48 minutes ago, Okamibanshu88 said:

on the fence about your own design i guess i'm saying.

If "on the fence" means unsure of how the frame would look yet then yes, you are 100% correct. All i know is i want it to be on all fours, have a tail, and have a dog like head to sort of give it a Cereburs vibe in which his abilities will help fufil.

10 minutes ago, (PS4)Ghost--00-- said:

If "on the fence" means unsure of how the frame would look yet then yes, you are 100% correct. All i know is i want it to be on all fours, have a tail, and have a dog like head to sort of give it a Cereburs vibe in which his abilities will help fufil.

then in that regard, good luck. people have not been very receptive of feral themed warframes. i don't not like the idea, but i dont' love it either. So i AM on teh fence about your idea, none the less its still a good design all around ^_^

9 minutes ago, Okamibanshu88 said:

then in that regard, good luck. people have not been very receptive of feral themed warframes. i don't not like the idea, but i dont' love it either. So i AM on teh fence about your idea, none the less its still a good design all around ^_^

Ahhhh, welp ill try to come up with something better later. Thanks for the feedback 😎

27 minutes ago, Okamibanshu88 said:

I posted a pic in the post of the appearance. Not an any attempt to see if it will get you to say you love it or anything 😁

cerberus.png

Here is what I got, the three heads are always visible but the center one is the main head. Each time you switch the ears will change on every heads, like if you were rotating them @(PS4)Ghost--00--

And when you summon the pets, you end up with a single head/tail

Edited by Xgomme

5 hours ago, Xgomme said:

cerberus.png

Here is what I got, the three heads are always visible but the center one is the main head. Each time you switch the ears will change on every heads, like if you were rotating them @(PS4)Ghost--00--

And when you summon the pets, you end up with a single head/tail

Dude!!! Thats Sick!!!!

25 minutes ago, (PS4)Ghost--00-- said:

Dude!!! Thats Sick!!!!

I can see myself making him all red, yellow, and orange while making all my weapons fire elemental. Calling him Flame Cerberus. Or Hell Cerberus. Makes me think of that movie from 2005 called Cerberus, and that weapon called the Sword of Mars. Could be the melee that comes with this warframe since all wraframes have 2 weapons that come with them. 

On 4/3/2018 at 6:28 PM, (PS4)chris1pat8twins said:

But this one is definitely a warframe I would use a lot just for the fun of it. I’ve thought of a Phoenix frame that when killed it creates a high damaging blast explosion and has 1 extra quick revive per normal revive

Oh yea i forgot to say, ember sounds like she could use something like this as a reward for dealing a set limit of damage to enemies with her abilities