Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Legion of Tau: Undying Crusade 5.1 | Face your greatest adversary yet- SENTIENT NEMESIS System is here! Earn new unique EVOLUTION MODS! Generate your own Sentient Knight's name!

Almighty_Jado

34 minutes ago, Almighty_Jado said:

Thanks! I hope I can impress you!

I DID have plans for aggressive Sentient fish! However I found that most players aren't exactly a fan of having to deal with survivability while fishing. Plus, I figured that not EVERY Sentient had adaptations for combat- I'm exploring some more 'benign' forms that Sentients might be able to take!

Everything else on land kinda wants to kill you because, well, it's the LEGION of Tau!

Anyways, it'll be neat to see what fish stuff you come up with! I look forward to it

Oh, thats fair suh, our versions of fishing take very different shapes in that regard. Instead of just spear throwing, you need a speargun, a steely resolve, and to be under the sea with the likes of Murgugs, Tuskoids, and Sewulven.

Oh, and. . uh. . wow, uh, thanks. Wasn't actually expecting much in the way of interest given how quiet the Pits been lately.

Edited by Unus

I’ve managed to come up with the most unexpected plot twist to the Legion of Tau based on the second-to-last chapter of The Return of the King (the book, not the movie).

It involves the greatest incident of situational irony in the whole war. In the book, the four hobbits return home to find The Shire in ruins, having become an industrial nightmare, seemingly at the order of Lotho Sackville-Baggins. But when they learn that a mysterious “Sharkey” is behind all this and using Lotho as a puppet, they go to Bag End to confront Sharkey and save “Lotho Pimple”, as Sam Gamgee called him. When Sharkey is revealed to be Saruman, and that he murdered Lotho to ruin the Shire as revenge,  he is defeated at the Battle of Bywater and killed by his servant Grima.

This is the inspiration for the Tenno going to Tau to inevitably rescue Ballas. (Not really a true definition of the word)

Sorry for the long delays folks! And yes, I do feel pretty guilty about bumping my post so much, heh. But this week has been CRAZY for me, and sadly I haven't gotten much time to work on things. I promise it'll all be worth it in the end... man, I DO sound like the Devs (content drought joke here).

Anyways, to try to appease you all, I've attached another teaser image. =D

unknown.png

Very close to being done! Working with a fellow (and very skilled) artist friend to create the last Tau exclusive resource, and then we're set to go. I expect update 3.0 to come out within the next two weeks at the very longest. It really depends on when the last bit of art is done. As per usual, I'm hooking up another teaser image to salivate y'all! See you soon.
unknown.png

18 hours ago, (PS4)Elixz8247 said:

@Almighty_Jado Cant wait wait to see it. Also I used the Mythic Weapons idea I posted in this thread in a different post. Dont worry I modified it so that people didnt mistake it as your Legion of Tau. Just wanted to let you know just in case you came across it.

No worries! You came up with the idea anyways, so you're entitled to use it wherever you see fit! 🙂

Just bumping my thread again. Sorry for continuing the content drought, it seems that my collaborating artist may have been swallowed by real life for the time being.

I haven’t stopped working on things myself, though! I’m holding off on making new things and have decided to go back on some older designs and fix them up a bit. Currently working on updating the Portalyst and Lekalysts’ designs.

The Portalyst was the first Sentient I drew, and the Lekalyst I never really liked how sticky it came out. So, I’ll fix them up!

Hang in there folks

Status Update with the Chimera Prologue:

Just a PSA to talk quickly about the Chimera Prologue- overall, nothing really new is changing, the only thing that will have an influence on The Legion of Tau is the extensive Sentient architecture that DE graced us with.

It's surprised me with how much more organic it is compared to what I imagined. But also, with the extent of the construction that we saw, I'm almost wondering if leaving behind any natural part of Tau is the correct way to go about building the landscape. I almost feel like the Sentients would slowly, piece by piece, replace every part of every planet in the Tau system until there's nothing left except a giant, Sentient Planet. Perhaps that's what The Mother is?

Let's go ahead and start a discussion so I can choose how to continue the approach on the Tau environment.

39 minutes ago, Almighty_Jado said:

Just a PSA to talk quickly about the Chimera Prologue- overall, nothing really new is changing, the only thing that will have an influence on The Legion of Tau is the extensive Sentient architecture that DE graced us with.

It's surprised me with how much more organic it is compared to what I imagined. But also, with the extent of the construction that we saw, I'm almost wondering if leaving behind any natural part of Tau is the correct way to go about building the landscape. I almost feel like the Sentients would slowly, piece by piece, replace every part of every planet in the Tau system until there's nothing left except a giant, Sentient Planet. Perhaps that's what The Mother is?

Let's go ahead and start a discussion so I can choose how to continue the approach on the Tau environment.

Honestly, I think it would be interesting if it turned out that while Sentient buildings are all organic and evil and stuff, the actual landscape around them is eerily, impossibly pristine, with perfectly maintained plants and such.

The dissonance would be a neat aesthetic.

25 minutes ago, Almighty_Jado said:

Instead of "scrapping" the planet and ignoring my own version of Tau completely, I feel as though, given their zealous protection of the planet, they'd "fill in the cracks" instead.

Places where life would never have a chance of surviveing on that planet, the tops of freezeing mountains, in the midst of volcanos, At the tips of the poles, basically anywhere life would never be able to tread, the Sentients would step in and make it so.

12 hours ago, Stellar_Seeker said:

Honestly, I think it would be interesting if it turned out that while Sentient buildings are all organic and evil and stuff, the actual landscape around them is eerily, impossibly pristine, with perfectly maintained plants and such.

The dissonance would be a neat aesthetic.

12 hours ago, Unus said:

Instead of "scrapping" the planet and ignoring my own version of Tau completely, I feel as though, given their zealous protection of the planet, they'd "fill in the cracks" instead.

Places where life would never have a chance of surviveing on that planet, the tops of freezeing mountains, in the midst of volcanos, At the tips of the poles, basically anywhere life would never be able to tread, the Sentients would step in and make it so.

Yeah, these were kind of my initial ideas for the landscape to begin with- synthetic life making things sustainable on an otherwise unsustainable planet.

Vegetation though, I'm not sure if a natural form of flora would exist on the planet, since then it would imply that the planet was already suitable for Orokin in-habitation. So yes, while I agree that there should be a stark contrast with the natural landscape and the Sentient buildings and outposts, it would probably have to be in between something else as opposed to vegetation.

I'll continue on my current course for now, then!

3 hours ago, Almighty_Jado said:

Yeah, these were kind of my initial ideas for the landscape to begin with- synthetic life making things sustainable on an otherwise unsustainable planet.

Vegetation though, I'm not sure if a natural form of flora would exist on the planet, since then it would imply that the planet was already suitable for Orokin in-habitation. So yes, while I agree that there should be a stark contrast with the natural landscape and the Sentient buildings and outposts, it would probably have to be in between something else as opposed to vegetation.

I'll continue on my current course for now, then!

It's more like the vegetation would be the result of the Sentients originally being sent to Tau to terraform it for human habitability, and I imagine that there would still be traces of that original goal there.

Hence plant life that delves right into the uncanny valley.

Bumping again. Guess I'll give another teaser since it's been so long.

Here's some WIP of the Portalyst visual update I've begun. I think I'll be eliminating a lot of the smooth surfaces found on the original and going for more flowing shapes, skeletal designs, and more of those 'Sentient vein' motifs found on Ballas' little coffee table.unknown.png

I’ve taken into account the upcoming Railjack update, and put this and that together with one of my older posts, and came up with this:

Sentient Warships are often guided by a sentient Intelligence guided by one of the Sentient Lords. Occasionally one such ship will attack a relay, and you have to “railjack” it to save the relay. The easiest way to deal with the problem is to enter the warship and “kill” the “brain”, via railjack of course.

Not pulling another all-nighter, so stopping here. Feel free to refine it, Jado.

Hi, just saw the concept and wanted to comment on the Dax Dowager

i feel like, with its design, that it should be more like a Nagamaki with the blade as long as the handle if it’s a heavy blade or be classified as a polearm if it’s intended to look like it’s current state since I feel the blade is shorter than the handle in that image

The weapon should be slower considering its bulk

Edited by Izanagi009

hace 7 horas, Izanagi009 dijo:

i feel like, with its design, that it should be more like a Nagamaki with the blade as long as the handle if it’s a heavy blade or be classified as a polearm if it’s intended to look like it’s current state since I feel the blade is shorter than the handle in that image

To those who are curious, here is a Nagamaki:

593px-Antique_shinto_samurai_nagamaki_1.

11 hours ago, Izanagi009 said:

It was actually lightly based off of nagamaki due to the strong samurai motifs among the Dax. I do have an image of the handle compared to a Warframe, which is roughly the same length as the Scindo's handle.

Of course, the Scindo's idle animation is different than the other weapons in its class- it uses the hammer idle animation as opposed to the greatswords. I figured that the Dowager could follow in the same vein.

Honestly I'm kinda not touching it for the time being due to the pending melee 3.0 changes. Once that rolls around I'll see how to shift things around and such.

23 hours ago, Sc10n0fD4rksp0r3 said:

Sentient Warships are often guided by a sentient Intelligence guided by one of the Sentient Lords

Probably scrapping the Sentient lords issue. Seems as if all Sentients are actually maternal after doing some more digging. Currently trying to investigate whether or not Eidolon was the same Sentient class as The Mother.

15 hours ago, Almighty_Jado said:

Probably scrapping the Sentient lords issue. Seems as if all Sentients are actually maternal after doing some more digging. Currently trying to investigate whether or not Eidolon was the same Sentient class as The Mother.

Honestly, I think that for Sentients, gender is a matter of preference. Or just not important to them at all.

1 hour ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

Honestly, I think that for Sentients, gender is a matter of preference. Or just not important to them at all.

I guess I worded that wrong, I meant maternal as in all related from the same “Mother”.

So basically all the Sentients all come from the same womb ultimately, in theory. Although there’s still the issue of Hunhow being Natah’s father. To conclude, I came up with a hypothesis that Hunhow is a fragment of the Mother, which is why he views Natah as his daughter.

Tricky to say, but what you can take away from this is that I’m scrapping the idea of there being a “Nazgul Circle” of Sentients leading everyone.

Edited by Almighty_Jado

1 hour ago, Almighty_Jado said:

Tricky to say, but what you can take away from this is that I’m scrapping the idea of there being a “Nazgul Circle” of Sentients leading everyone.

Aw, and here i was getting ready to jam my dagger through whatever serves as their brain. It’s definitely gross, but oddly satisfying.

1 hour ago, Almighty_Jado said:

I guess I worded that wrong, I meant maternal as in all related from the same “Mother”.

So basically all the Sentients all come from the same womb ultimately, in theory. Although there’s still the issue of Hunhow being Natah’s father. To conclude, I came up with a hypothesis that Hunhow is a fragment of the Mother, which is why he views Natah as his daughter.

Kinda taking a wild guess at the matter, but, I feel like power among the Sentients is based around "Being so powerful that they can lose power and STILL be powerful."

The mother could be so massive that they can lose massive amounts of their own mass and power in createing offspring, yet, still be massive and powerful.

Meanwhile, Hunielumpkins had a daughter and ended up as a drone  ship with a bunch of floating "hands" that he can loosely control.