Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Legion of Tau: Undying Crusade 5.1 | Face your greatest adversary yet- SENTIENT NEMESIS System is here! Earn new unique EVOLUTION MODS! Generate your own Sentient Knight's name!

Almighty_Jado

6 hours ago, Almighty_Jado said:

OTE: Morphcircuit, Carmine Armour and Ether Shield are the same as Robotic, Ferrite Armour and Shield respectively, meaning that all Eidolons, Battalysts, Conculysts and other existing Sentients are still subject to the same damage modifiers. No worries about Eidolon hunting meta changing!

You just did change it though ;). Sentients use Alloy armor not ferrite.

6 hours ago, HugintheCrow said:

You just did change it though ;). Sentients use Alloy armor not ferrite.

Oh there must be an inconsistency in the wiki, I’ll have to fix this

EDIT: I see now, Eidolons use Alloy Armour while Battalysts, Conculysts and Mimics use Ferrite. I had assumed they all shared the same. I’ll have a fix for this out soon

Edited by Almighty_Jado

Sorry for no fix for Eidolon HP yet. I know it’s only a minor detail go smooth out, but I’ve just been incredibly busy all week due to finals.

Other bigger stuff is finished as well, at least on the Art side. As soon as so get my next break you can expect some new aspects of the Sentients’ defenses.

1 hour ago, Almighty_Jado said:

Sorry for no fix for Eidolon HP yet. I know it’s only a minor detail go smooth out, but I’ve just been incredibly busy all week due to finals.

Other bigger stuff is finished as well, at least on the Art side. As soon as so get my next break you can expect some new aspects of the Sentients’ defenses.

Don't even trip dawg. Finals week does bad things to a lot of us. I once had to videochat my final project from a hotel room.

Sentient rampart time, as anticipated!
(Also mini update- Eidolons now have Eidolon Bone armour, which is nothing more than an Alloy Armour name change. Check the main post for details)

Sentient_Ramparts.png

Info:
These Sentient turrets are stationary devices designed to bombard Tenno or other foes within range until they must back off. Alone, they cannot act, but a Sentient may sacrifice itself to breath life into one of these potent killing machines.
In order from left to right, these are the Neburo, Astorith and Quasar turrets. Turrets are located on the outskirts of Sentient Fortresses and Strongholds.

Gameplay:
Health= Object
-any Fragment class Sentient may activate these otherwise inactive Sentient structures by permanently fusing with them.
-Fragment class Sentients fuse with turrets by folding up (like how Battalysts do when using their omnidirectional lasers) and entering into a slot at the back of the rampart.
-Ramparts can only be damaged by attacking the slot where the Sentient fuses to it- they have very slow turning speed, so players can easily maneuver to the back of it (at least if they aren't being targeted and attacked by other Sentients)
-Players cannot enter and use these turrets under normal circumstances
-all turrets have two attacks, reserved for players at different ranges
-Neburo turrets can fire energy bolts at players that deal Puncture damage, with an effective range of 30 to 50 meters. Energy bolt firing rate spools up from 2 rounds per second to 20 rounds per second over the course of 10 seconds.
-Neburo turrets can also fire grenades from the underbarrel, dome-shaped launcher attached to the main weapon. Grenades are launched in bursts of 4, and deal medium Impact damage on collision with a player. After 5 seconds, the grenades will begin to glow brighter before exploding, each dealing high Radiation damage and staggering all players in the blast radius (5 meters). Neburo turrets will fire grenades at players 10 meters away or closer.
-Astorith turrets focus a powerful sonic beam at players within 10-30 meters away, dealing consistent Blast damage over time.
-Astorith turrets can also unleash a sonic wave in a frontal radius of 10 meters, dealing Blast damage to all players caught in it. Additionally, it knocks players on the ground while simultaneously pushing them back 8 meters.
-Quasar turrets can charge up a powerful laser orb over the course of 5 seconds before firing it at players from 10-60 meters away. The Orb deals Magnetic damage while also applying a Corrosive effect.
-Quasar turrets can also extend the "mandibles" inside its "mouth" to chomp on players within 10 meters, dealing medium Slash damage and applying Slash effects.
-to note, all turrets can aim in full 360 lateral degrees, but can only aim 45 degrees up or down, meaning players at a high or low enough altitude will unable to be targeted by the turrets
-as the main part of the turret floats overtop a 'base' embedded in the ground, destruction of it will cause the base to reform a new turret after a period of time.

• Like 1

Brand new Bounty info for Tau! Only two Bounty Stages have been written so far, but I did have to detail the larger system as a whole.

Spoiler

Bounties on Tau consist of several individual Stages that players must complete in order to win. Because there are no Syndicates directly aligned with Tau, each stage of the bounty grants a healthy portion of Credits, Endo, or Kuva in addition to a reward selected from a rotation table. Additional rewards can include anything from weapon blueprints to resources to even Riven Mods, all dependent on the level of bounty the players select. Each bounty stage will also include an optional challenge that, if completed, doubles the completion rewards (credits, Endo, Kuva) and draws from the reward table (weapons, riven mods, etc) a second time.
There are two archetypes of bounties: standard bounties similar to the ones on the Plains of Eidolon and the Orb Vallis, and Elite bounties. More info below.

BOUNTIES:

Spoiler

Bounties consist of 5 different tiers of difficulty. Each tier has 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 stages respectively. Tier 4 and 5 bounties guarantee an object from the "rare" drop table on their final stage.
The following tabs are a list of each of the possible Bounty Stages that may make up a Bounty Mission. Each Bounty will never have duplicated Bounty Stages. Bounties can be completed an unlimited amount of times. Bounties do not rotate however- the reward table for Bounties always remains the same, but the types of Bounty Stages within the Bounty Mission are randomly generated everytime, meaning running 3 bounties of the same difficulty tier within 1 hour will yield 3 different, randomly generated sets of Bounty Stages each.
Beware though! Some Bounties have surprise twists called "Complications" in them that only have a CHANCE TO HAPPEN! Keep your wits sharp, Tenno, and your blades even sharper.

Defend Tenno Forward Base:

Spoiler

Komo (Starting Bounty Stage):
"Tenno, one of our forward bases is reporting Sentient forces rapidly bearing down on them. I've set a marker at its location- get there, and protect them until the Sentients attacking there are worn thin!"

Gameplay:
A mark appears on players' HUDs, directing them to one of the 3 FORWARD BASES in the Open Zone.

Komo (Upon nearing the Forward Base):
"This is it, Tenno. Within moments, the borders of this outpost will be swarming with those Voiddamn red bug-bots! Hold the line."

Gameplay:
The Forward Base is occupied with 5 friendly NPCs that help players defend. These NPCs can consist of a random mixture of:
-Syndicate Operatives
-Tenno Operatives w/ Boltor, Burston, Braton, Mos Naganta or Boar
-Grineer Defectors w/ Hind, Sobek, Hek, Kohm, Ignis, Argonak or Fuselok
-Secura Moas
-Secura Ospreys
-Solaris United fighter w/ Random Kitgun
After a few seconds, Sentient Portalysts accompanying an assortment of ground-based enemies begin to move towards the base from all around. Within the center of the Forward Base, there will be a white ring, similar to the ones that appear in Interception missions. The moment a Sentient steps foot inside the circle, they will begin to capture it at a rate of 1% per second, regardless of whether or not there are players also within the circle. For every Sentient in the circle, the capture rate is increased by 1%, with a maximum for 10% per second. If the circle reaches 100%, the bounty fails.
Players must defend the base for 2.5 minutes (or 3 minutes at difficulty Tier 4 & 5).
The optional bonus objective can be completed by finishing the Bounty Stage with less than 15% of the base captured by the Sentients.

Komo (Once only 1 minute of defense time remains):
"Keep it up Tenno, reinforcements are on the way. Hold out for about another minute and this'll be over."

Komo (Upon successful defense):
"Nice work Tenno. Cressa Tal is sending her forces from orbit via drop-pod to relieve you."

Gameplay:
10 drop pods fall into the base, restocking the base's population with Grineer Defector and Steel Meridian Operatives alike. Any remaining Sentients take 100% bonus damage from all sources.

Komo (Upon losing the Bounty Stage):
"All forces, fall back. Try and rendezvous at another Forward Base. We'll have to take back that one soon."

Set Up Cascade Mines:

Spoiler

Komo (Starting Bounty Stage):
"Tenno, move quickly. We gotta set up Cascade mines on this route here that the Sentients have been sending forces through. I'll mark the location... just get yourselves ready to receive the beamloads."

Gameplay:
A mark appears on the players' HUDs, directing them to a random spot on the map.

Komo (Upon nearing the site):
"Damn Sentients been funneling forces through this area for a couple hours now. They'll switch routes after we pull this off, but at least we'll be able to secure kills on a hearty helping of killer robot.
...Okay Tenno, Ergo Glast just sent me the thumbs up- Cascade bomb shipments are coming down. Get them planted and primed and then get the Void outta there!"

Gameplay:
Corpus storage containers materialize on the ground and must be opened by players. Once opened, players must pick up the Cascade Mine inside and carry it to one of the three arming sites within the Bounty Stage area. Once at the site, players can press the interaction key to bring up a Corpus hacking screen which must be completed in order to arm the mine successfully. If a player fails, the Cascade bomb will detonate and deal massive Void damage to that player and surrounding allies within 15 meters' radius. A new Corpus container is beamed onto the ground whenever a player begins the arming process of the previously sent Mine. Players must set 5 mines up within 2 minutes (1.5 minutes at difficulty tiers 4 & 5). If players detonate 3 cascade bombs, the Bounty fails.
The optional bonus objective can be completed by arming all mines with more than 30 seconds left on the clock.

Komo (If a Cascade Mine is detonated):
"Hey, what do you noobs think you're doing?! Those aren't easy to make, you know. *Sigh,* okay, sending another. Don't screw this one up too."

Komo (If a second Cascade Mine is detonated):
"I just told you to watch it! Ugh, here's one more. Get it right though, those Sentients will be here any second!"

Komo (If players unsuccessfully plant all mines in the time limit or detonate a third cascade mine):
"Urghhhh!! Come on Tenno, get into shape! This should have been a simple mission, but clearly you can't handle it. Why don't you go back to the Origin system and kill some Grineer clones? Surely you could handle something like that."

Komo (If Complication happens):
"Uh oh... Tenno, radar shows a Sentient scouting party approaching. I'm beaming you an advanced Nullifier- get it up as soon as you can to prevent those Sentients from reporting our activity in and ruining everything!"

Gameplay:
Another Corpus Container is beamed to the surface. Opening it reveals a device with 2 consoles attached to it. Players must perform a total of two Corpus hacking sequences on the device to activate it. During this time, a squad of dangerous Automaton class Sentients show up in the Bounty Zone, and they begin to attack the players. Players have 30 seconds to activate the Nullifier. Note that players must still complete the original objective within the earlier specified time limit if this complication occurs.

Komo (Nullifier Activated successfully):
"You got it! Or at least, I assume you did. My signals scrambled here, but I think that's good. Finish off those Sentients and make sure those mines are planted."

Gameplay:
Once activated, the Nullifier device projects a massive bubble over the Bounty Stage area. Players must complete the original objective as well as kill all the remaining Sentient scouts to win. The Nullifier deactivates once all Sentients are dead.

Komo (if players fail to activate Nullifier in time):
"Fall back, Tenno. The Sentients know. Get out of there before Sentient reinforcements appear."

Komo (Once all mines are planted successfully):
"Great work Tenno. The next Sentients who traverse that area are in for a real nasty surprise."

ELITE BOUNTIES:

Spoiler

Coming Soon.

Do YOU have an idea for a Bounty mission on Tau? Leave your ideas in the thread!

Edited by Almighty_Jado

On 2018-12-15 at 11:20 PM, Almighty_Jado said:

Sentient rampart time, as anticipated!
(Also mini update- Eidolons now have Eidolon Bone armour, which is nothing more than an Alloy Armour name change. Check the main post for details)

Sentient_Ramparts.png

Info:
These Sentient turrets are stationary devices designed to bombard Tenno or other foes within range until they must back off. Alone, they cannot act, but a Sentient may sacrifice itself to breath life into one of these potent killing machines.
In order from left to right, these are the Neburo, Astorith and Quasar turrets. Turrets are located on the outskirts of Sentient Fortresses and Strongholds.

Gameplay:
Health= Object
-any Fragment class Sentient may activate these otherwise inactive Sentient structures by permanently fusing with them.
-Fragment class Sentients fuse with turrets by folding up (like how Battalysts do when using their omnidirectional lasers) and entering into a slot at the back of the rampart.
-Ramparts can only be damaged by attacking the slot where the Sentient fuses to it- they have very slow turning speed, so players can easily maneuver to the back of it (at least if they aren't being targeted and attacked by other Sentients)
-Players cannot enter and use these turrets under normal circumstances
-all turrets have two attacks, reserved for players at different ranges
-Neburo turrets can fire energy bolts at players that deal Puncture damage, with an effective range of 30 to 50 meters. Energy bolt firing rate spools up from 2 rounds per second to 20 rounds per second over the course of 10 seconds.
-Neburo turrets can also fire grenades from the underbarrel, dome-shaped launcher attached to the main weapon. Grenades are launched in bursts of 4, and deal medium Impact damage on collision with a player. After 5 seconds, the grenades will begin to glow brighter before exploding, each dealing high Radiation damage and staggering all players in the blast radius (5 meters). Neburo turrets will fire grenades at players 10 meters away or closer.
-Astorith turrets focus a powerful sonic beam at players within 10-30 meters away, dealing consistent Blast damage over time.
-Astorith turrets can also unleash a sonic wave in a frontal radius of 10 meters, dealing Blast damage to all players caught in it. Additionally, it knocks players on the ground while simultaneously pushing them back 8 meters.
-Quasar turrets can charge up a powerful laser orb over the course of 5 seconds before firing it at players from 10-60 meters away. The Orb deals Magnetic damage while also applying a Corrosive effect.
-Quasar turrets can also extend the "mandibles" inside its "mouth" to chomp on players within 10 meters, dealing medium Slash damage and applying Slash effects.
-to note, all turrets can aim in full 360 lateral degrees, but can only aim 45 degrees up or down, meaning players at a high or low enough altitude will unable to be targeted by the turrets
-as the main part of the turret floats overtop a 'base' embedded in the ground, destruction of it will cause the base to reform a new turret after a period of time.

Hm. . . you know those seemingly worthless spheres we pull outta dead Sentients occasionally? I wonder if we could properly use a rare version of those and manipulate it into being a hijacking tool to plug into a turret set or network. Wouldn't make it allied per-say, but, rather, bonkers, attacking whatever's closest rather then just one side.

Might make for a fun mission, sow confusion among Sentient ranks through cephalon intervention. They can adapt to so much, yet the human mind is wiley in ways a machine may not be.

8 hours ago, Unus said:

Might make for a fun mission, sow confusion among Sentient ranks through cephalon intervention. They can adapt to so much, yet the human mind is wiley in ways a machine may not be.

I’m not sure about the viability of a Cephalon as a weapon against Sentients, especially when Hunhow was able to override Cephalon Suda’s mind with ease.

Sentients seem extremely good at coming up with ways of overcoming traditional digital technology. However, based on the Corpus’ extensive Sentient research, I plan on building some more Sentient disruption technologies brought to us by the Perrin Sequence.

Just now, Almighty_Jado said:

I’m not sure about the viability of a Cephalon as a weapon against Sentients, especially when Hunhow was able to override Cephalon Suda’s mind with ease.

Sentients seem extremely good at coming up with ways of overcoming traditional digital technology. However, based on the Corpus’ extensive Sentient research, I plan on building some more Sentient disruption technologies brought to us by the Perrin Sequence.

Fair. Could be dependent on a Cephalon's age, how altered it could be from it's original personality, etc. The more "pure" the digital soul is, perhaps the harder it is to crack. Big thing here was me thinking about how these were just fragment-operated as opposed to having a persona the size of the Summit Supercomputer.

Still, should be a sight to see. Multi-pronged attack Trojans, extremely slippery worms. Black hole override system, etc.

The possibilities run off onto the horizon.

6 hours ago, Almighty_Jado said:

You need any halp, just ask.

Hmmm. I have an idea. Do you know what a communication laser is? 😛

Ooh... grenade turret. This sounds fun.

On 2018-12-15 at 11:20 PM, Almighty_Jado said:

A sonic weapon! I approve. I've been wondering about a sonic weapon for awhile, but in terms of damage I wasn't sure how it'd work.

Edited by (XB1)Fluffywolf36

5 hours ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

Ooh... grenade turret. This sounds fun.

If you listen carefully, you can hear the salt from the playerbase already.

A sonic weapon! I approve. I've been wondering about a sonic weapon for awhile, but in terms of damage I wasn't sure how it'd work.

I'm 90% sure Banshee uses Blast damage so I just went with that lol

Hmmm. I have an idea. Do you know what a communication laser is?

I think so! It's basically a laser that can relay information within the wavelengths of light (based on the frequency of the wavefunction or something)

24 minutes ago, Almighty_Jado said:

If you listen carefully, you can hear the salt from the playerbase already.

4 hours ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

I thought that was the sound of Fallout fans... ah, no matter.

I'm 90% sure Banshee uses Blast damage so I just went with that lol

4 hours ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

If we can use magnetic for gravity anomalies, that's not much of a stretch. Fair enough!

I think so! It's basically a laser that can relay information within the wavelengths of light (based on the frequency of the wavefunction or something)

Exactly that. So what if we do that, except the "communications laser" part uploads malicious software into the Sentients? 😛

Edited by (XB1)Fluffywolf36

Just a minor update. I realized that I forgot to include the two tracks I typically listen to while creating Sentient art.

Not my music, as it technically already exists in game. However, I believe these two tracks will make excellent ambient music for activities on Tau. Realistically, Tau would receive a whole new set of music to accompany it, but these songs can give you an idea of what I have in mind.
If you've never listened to these songs before, please give them a quick listen!
I highly recommend listening to these tracks as you read through the rest of my concept.

New stuff coming soon?

Edited by Almighty_Jado