Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Eidolon Hunt

Elhazzared

Worst idea ever done by DE.

Let's start with bad gimmicks of having to attack in operator mode and with the warframe. The operator mode was already a bad gimmick but this is annoying on a whole new level!

Then of course we come to the most aggravating part. Trying to join for Eidolon hunting? Yeah right, good luck with ANYONE even inviting your unless you are bringing Trinity, Volt or Harrow. Funny thing, Volt isn't even good for it, Rhino is much better but hell if anyone invites a Rhino.

Let's add that this can only be done for X time before waiting instead of being the case of, let's do it right now cause I feel like it... No, you're gonna do it only when the game allows you to do it.

Please change this whole thing. We need to be able to play when we want, not when the game wants to let us. Please remove gimmick mechanics, they do not enhance gameplay, they only make it worse. Above all please stop making things that require specific warframes in the group to do otherwise many people just cannot do it!

Or here's an idea: you can just not do Eidolon Hunts.

No one is forcing you to do them.  If you don't like Operator Mode you can just not use it, and if you're not using it you don't need to do Eidolon Hunts.

Want an Arcane, though?  Trade Chat exists.

19 minutes ago, Elhazzared said:

Please change this whole thing. We need to be able to play when we want, not when the game wants to let us. Please remove gimmick mechanics, they do not enhance gameplay, they only make it worse. Above all please stop making things that require specific warframes in the group to do otherwise many people just cannot do it!

Why cant they exactly? All the frames "needed" by Eidolons are available pretty easily in the star chart. You dont need the primes.

Just ..... no.

First of all you CAN play whenever you want, Night Cycle is 1 hour real time and Day Cycle is 2 hours real time, that's not hard to work around in the slightest. Second Rhino is useful but not for the team, most teams focus survivability and one-shotting Eidolon limbs. Volts Shield offers increased projectile damage if you fire through it, which is also applicable in Operator mode, so once again speeds things up.

Using the Operator his/her self is as easy as it gets, and upgrading even easier, that's why there's a focus cap, to even out the player progression for players who don't have as much time as others. Hunting doesn't require a specific Warframe, it's ideal for others in the party that want the most out of every Night Cycle.

Lastly Eidolon hunting is the current best end-game content, as most people hunt for the Riven Transmuters dropped from the Hydrolist.

I'm not going to say "get gud" because it's obvious you're not ready for this part of the game yet, go back and actually play the game.

I am more than ready for Eidolon hunts. I've done them before without dificulty, but that's only when I have friends over the weekend that will actually do it with me because otherwise, forget getting invites. You either have the "meta" frames or you're SOL.

You cannot play it when you want. The cicles prevent you from doing that exactly. You are either in the right cicle or again you are SOL.

Survivability. Well guess which is one of the most survivable warframes... Rhino. The Volt shields do a good damage buff? Right, compared to the Rhino damage buff, they are not as good!

1 minute ago, Elhazzared said:

I am more than ready for Eidolon hunts. I've done them before without dificulty, but that's only when I have friends over the weekend that will actually do it with me because otherwise, forget getting invites. You either have the "meta" frames or you're SOL.

You cannot play it when you want. The cicles prevent you from doing that exactly. You are either in the right cicle or again you are SOL.

Survivability. Well guess which is one of the most survivable warframes... Rhino. The Volt shields do a good damage buff? Right, compared to the Rhino damage buff, they are not as good!

Any frame can have survivability, if built correctly these days.

Volt provides a boost to operator DPS which Rhino does not.

You an do your daily sortie whenever you want. Alerts are time limited but they aren't really worth it most of the time. Rarely you get like a potato and most times you do, those last 24 hours so you can still do it whenever you want. You an always keep doing kuva, location never mattered. Quests you can do them whenever you want. My argument is not lacking. Eidolons cannot be done whenever the player wants, it's always at a specific time of the day. Worse yet it doesn't has specific queue for it so you can't just join a queue and be put in a team, you are forced to actually look for people who will take you on it and then we go back to the whole point I made earlier about only 3 frames every being accepted by anyone at all!

3 Frames, no. So i'll repeat myself again, it's every 2 hours, it's not limited to once a day, it's not an event like Nitain Extract that shows up 4 times a day for 45 minutes.

You can use, Trinity, Volt, Oberon, Chroma, Harrow, Limbo, Nova, Zephyr, Rhino, yes most teams look for specific Warframes but ... as i said most people try to get the most/fastest done in a single night. Warframes don't matter as much as the Operators Amp.

Edited by Errodin

21 minutes ago, Errodin said:

3 Frames, no. So i'll repeat myself again, it's every 2 hours, it's not limited to once a day, it's not an event like Nitain Extract that shows up 4 times a day for 45 minutes.

You can use, Trinity, Volt, Oberon, Chroma, Harrow, Limbo, Nova, Zephyr, Rhino, yes most teams look for specific Warframes but ... as i said most people try to get the most/fastest done in a single night. Warframes don't matter as much as the Operators Amp.

I have never seen a nova, what can nova do in this fight? (Serious question as I am generally interested)

9 minutes ago, tCartmant said:

I have never seen a nova, what can nova do in this fight? (Serious question as I am generally interested)

Some people claim that Anti-matter Drop works, tho I've never seen it work lol.

1 minute ago, Errodin said:

Some people claim that Anti-matter Drop works, tho I've never seen it work lol.

The first time limbo showed up I almost quit but said, "ok, lets see if this turns into a pooshow." I was glad to be proven wrong there. I guess when someone who knows what they are doing with nova shows up, I will see it in action.

1 hour ago, Elhazzared said:

You an do your daily sortie whenever you want. Alerts are time limited but they aren't really worth it most of the time. Rarely you get like a potato and most times you do, those last 24 hours so you can still do it whenever you want. You an always keep doing kuva, location never mattered. Quests you can do them whenever you want. My argument is not lacking. Eidolons cannot be done whenever the player wants, it's always at a specific time of the day. Worse yet it doesn't has specific queue for it so you can't just join a queue and be put in a team, you are forced to actually look for people who will take you on it and then we go back to the whole point I made earlier about only 3 frames every being accepted by anyone at all!

You are limited to one sortie a day and have to have access to all its nodes to complete it, meaning you in fact do not have access to it any time you want. The worth of alerts is subjective to the one running them, and they are limited by time, rotation, and location. Nearly half of the alerts for potatoes are from invasions and are not 24 hours, then the ones that are 24 hours are limited by whether or not DE had a devstream, not whenever you want. You cannot just keep doing kuva, as you are quest hated to access it in the first place and it moves through the starchart, meaning it is location and faction based. Most quests are progression and MR locked and are not repeatable, meaning you in fact cannot do them whenever you want. Fissures rotate all over the starchart, meaning they are location locked, and they change what type of mission and era, meaning they are not always a mission type you want to play, then sometimes an era can have no fissures at all, meaning you cannot do them whenever you want. Your understanding of "whenever you want" is incredibly lacking. Your 3 frames only thing is entirely subjective because I've joined groups that didn't care what you were as long as you contributed, and normal Eidolons can be randomly joined up to fight, not needing a queue because you can just join a random exploration group at dusk and generally find a group willing to fight it. Your argument is barely standing.

Edited by NeithanDiniem

23 hours ago, tCartmant said:

The first time limbo showed up I almost quit but said, "ok, lets see if this turns into a pooshow." I was glad to be proven wrong there. I guess when someone who knows what they are doing with nova shows up, I will see it in action.

I was surprised by how well Limbo works for Eidolon - the Lures still work while Rifted, and if they completely ignore bullets then it's much easier to keep them up and running, especially with a properly-built Haven Limbo (Haven works on the Lures, which is nice in the off-chance you can't get to them in time to re-Banish immediately).

Edited by Yzjdriel

I'm more annoyed that's is just another rush as fast as you can fight. It absolutly fails to feel epic if the only goal is to kill as many as possible in a single night to get a look at the end of mission screen as often as possible. All three fights are exactly the same, a light show with no real mechanics. Tried it, was bored, can't be lured in with arcanes I don't need. We're OP already.

On 2018-04-09 at 8:45 PM, Elhazzared said:

volts shield is for buffing amp damage , its the only ability what can do it