Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Serious question, mods deleting Lato Vandal related posts for no reason.

Sebastianx

There was the "Let's talk Lato Vandal" post going for the last 2 days that got removed today for NO REASON besides probably the fact that people were bringing good arguments to why the removal of Lato Vandal exclusivity is bad without even a cosmetic compensation. There was no one fighting, no swearing, people just talking, and that was my 3rd post that got deleted as soon as I convince people to why DE handled the whole situation poorly. Not even a notification or a message to inform me of the reason, just outright deleting posts left and right lately. Who is to blame here? DE asking them to check and delete every post where people start agreeing on something? Mods just having too much power without even properly informing us? I would understand a sudden removal of a post if things went downhill with swears and nasty stuff going on, but just people talking? Guess that's one way to lose even more community trust after poorly handling the Lato Vandal exclusivity (or the lack thereof) problem.

6 minutes ago, Trichouette said:

Just in case you didn't notice, a LOT of threads got deleted or merged into megathread lately.

I know, I checked quite a lot to see if one of the Lato Vandal threads grew by 6 pages if that one actually got merged, none of them did.

Edited by Sebastianx

Mods just doing their job like a boss. Its a pointless topic since the Lato Vandal has already been released, the decision has been made and nothing will change that. There has been dozens of threads about it and we are all sick of seeing them. So good job removing them, mods. Keep up the good work and please remove this one as well.

il y a 2 minutes, rune_me a dit :

Mods just doing their job like a boss. Its a pointless topic since the Lato Vandal has already been released, the decision has been made and nothing will change that. There has been dozens of threads about it and we are all sick of seeing them. So good job removing them, mods. Keep up the good work and please remove this one as well.

I think the issue isn't with threads being removed but more like people not being informed of the reasons for the threads removal.

1 minute ago, Trichouette said:

I think the issue isn't with threads being removed but more like people not being informed of the reasons for the threads removal.

Mods will usually inform whoever started the thread when they delete or move it. They won’t inform everyone that participates in it.

à l’instant, rune_me a dit :

Mods will usually inform whoever started the thread when they delete or move it. They won’t inform everyone that participates in it.

Then they could tell the community as a whole why every thread about this is getting removed.

Just now, Trichouette said:

Then they could tell the community as a whole why every thread about this is getting removed.

I just did it for them: because its a pointless discussion and people are sick and tired of seeing thread after thread about it.

Feel free to copy and paste my reply to anyone else who should wonder why.

1 minute ago, rune_me said:

I was the one who made the thread, and indeed you are right, whenever they used to move a thread or delete it, they would inform me, either "moved to megathread" or "removed because discussion was derailing", not this time, not for 3 of my threads alone.

il y a 2 minutes, rune_me a dit :

I just did it for them: because its a pointless discussion and people are sick and tired of seeing thread after thread about it.

Feel free to copy and paste my reply to anyone else who should wonder why.

You're not part of DE.

il y a 1 minute, (XB1)Knight Raime a dit :

The conversation was probably deemed unhealthy/unproductive.

They usually lock threads when this happen while explaining the reasons.

If what OP says is right, they removed several thread without notifying the OP (him in this situation)

6 minutes ago, Sebastianx said:

I was the one who made the thread, and indeed you are right, whenever they used to move a thread or delete it, they would inform me, either "moved to megathread" or "removed because discussion was derailing", not this time, not for 3 of my threads alone.

You made 3 threads about it? Plus this one?

That’s just sad.

Just now, Trichouette said:

If what OP says is right, they removed several thread without notifying the OP (him in this situation)

Well OP seems to also say he made three threads about it.  Which would account for spam (at least it would on the site I moderate) and considering there is literally a lato vandal thread on the first page of general discussion right now that's several pages long I doubt OP is giving the full story here.  

il y a 1 minute, rune_me a dit :

That’s just sad.

It's sad to seek explanations for mods behaviour ?

What is wrong with you...

à l’instant, (XB1)Knight Raime a dit :

Well OP seems to also say he made three threads about it.  Which would account for spam (at least it would on the site I moderate) and considering there is literally a lato vandal thread on the first page of general discussion right now that's several pages long I doubt OP is giving the full story here.  

He says his threads didn't get merged into the megathread. He could be wrong, I can't check that.

Maybe they just got merged and that's why he didn't get notified.

Edited by Trichouette

2 minutes ago, Trichouette said:

He says his threads didn't get merged into the megathread. He could be wrong, I can't check that.

Either it was deleted due to spam or it got merged and he was just not notified.  I've had a few of my topics in the past be merged.  You're usually notified.  If it was merged and they failed to tell him he should be able to go to his post history and find it.  If he can't find it and is telling the truth than my best guess is it was deleted because of spam and OP is just raging openly.  Wouldn't be the first time people make claims on moderation activity that were false.

12 minutes ago, (XB1)Knight Raime said:

The conversation was probably deemed unhealthy/unproductive.  Pretty sure they do the same thing to threads that bring up excalibur prime.

10 minutes ago, Trichouette said:

Yep, threads removed without explanation to why. No one was fighting, no one was swearing, the discussion wasn't derailing, it was just people talking and expressing their own views without hurting anyone.

à l’instant, Sebastianx a dit :

Yep, threads removed without explanation to why. No one was fighting, no one was swearing, the discussion wasn't derailing, it was just people talking and expressing their own views without hurting anyone.

Are you sure your thread didn't get merged into another one ?

IBTL

Which this post will be locked/deleted as well. Opening a post to discuss locked/deleted threads is a no-no. If you have an issue with such, contact a mod (via PM) or Support.

As for the topic on hand: The posts were deleted because it's a worthless point of contention. Lato Vandal is released. DE never said it wouldn't be. Therefore, any discussion after that is moot.

10 minutes ago, Trichouette said:

Yep, only 2 new pages popped up in that thread since yesterday, and my post had 6 pages. So I'm fairly sure no merging happened.

3 minutes ago, Sebastianx said:

You said you created 3 threads about it.  One can easily assume they were deleted as spam.  Also.  Even if the discussion seemed perfectly fine and healthy to you that doesn't mean the moderators saw it the same way.  I moderate a different site so I understand the process a bit.  You can appeal to them if you wish.  But I would advise against making threads about moderator activity in the future.  it's usually against forum rules.

Just now, Sebastianx said:

According to you. If the mods removed it, then obviously they felt otherwise. And since they are the mods, they are the ones who get to decide whether someone was fighting or a discussion was being derailed.

Here’s the thing: there’s several threads about the Lato Vandal still going and not being removed. That suggests the problem was with your threads, not the subject matter.

8 minutes ago, (XB1)Knight Raime said:

Either it was deleted due to spam or it got merged and he was just not notified.  I've had a few of my topics in the past be merged.  You're usually notified.  If it was merged and they failed to tell him he should be able to go to his post history and find it.  If he can't find it and is telling the truth than my best guess is it was deleted because of spam and OP is just raging openly.  Wouldn't be the first time people make claims on moderation activity that were false.

https://imgur.com/lRqgLuv

Chrome history of post existing yesterday and now it's deleted, it had 3 pages yesterday.

2 minutes ago, (XB1)Knight Raime said:

You said you created 3 threads about it.  One can easily assume they were deleted as spam.  Also.  Even if the discussion seemed perfectly fine and healthy to you that doesn't mean the moderators saw it the same way.  I moderate a different site so I understand the process a bit.  You can appeal to them if you wish.  But I would advise against making threads about moderator activity in the future.  it's usually against forum rules.

It was one every day, the last one (around early yesterday) lasted a bit over a day. I wasn't spamming on purpose and waited to just post one every day after the deleted them.