Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kubrows vs Kavats as battle pets.

Borg

With Khora live, we saw another potential side of kavats as not only useful for their buffs, but as potential battle pets as well.

My question is: currently, regarding raw damage and killing potential, which one is better to use with khora when modded with link armor, link health hunter synergy and the usual DMG mods (bite maul & etc)? Kavat (adarza or smeeta?) Or kubrow (which one?)?

2 minutes ago, xXDeadsinxX said:

Obviously I choose a Kavat because it is always better to use than a Kubrow. Kavats have a bit bitter of an AI and they do more damage than Kubrows.

Of course, not counting AI. Currently both the kavats and the kubrows have... wonky ais...

From what i've seen, when they crit, kavats can deal higher dmg than kubrows right?

Then building them for crit with crit link and giving them over 100% crit might make them potentially better than kubrows, correcT?

So, general consensus is that if you are using a crit heavy weapon AND kavats with hunter synergy, they can and WILL deal more damage than kubrows due to them having more crit chance, right?

On the other hand, kubrows are more tanky, correct?

16 minutes ago, PookieNumnums said:

Psh, 

Im still waiting for sheldon to add in the pet squad tactic maneuver attacks. 

And also the ability to command them to attack specific targets via waypoint or waypoint+

Companions 2.0 maybe? XD

Hmm. Honestly Kavats seem to be overall superior to Kubrows.

Even without crit heavy weapons my Kavats outdamage my Kubrows (even my Helminth Charger) by a landslide.

They also stay alive, and generally take care of themselves.

Hell my Kavat Solo's Shadow Stalker for me.

My Adarza even killed a Teralyst before I could shoot it. (Kavat used Reflect as the Teralyst used Stomp on it. Literally a 1 shot kill. I laughed eextremelyhard. Teralyst got up fron its heal phase, saw my cat, used Stomp, then imploded.) Oh good times...

I've been trying to replicate it because i want solid video of it. So folks can respect the Ardarza more 

Edited by (PS4)Zero_029

22 minutes ago, (PS4)Zero_029 said:

Hmm. Honestly Kavats seem to be overall superior to Kubrows.

Even without crit heavy weapons my Kavats outdamage my Kubrows (even my Helminth Charger) by a landslide.

They also stay alive, and generally take care of themselves.

Hell my Kavat Solo's Shadow Stalker for me.

My Adarza even killed a Teralyst before I could shoot it. (Kavat used Reflect as the Teralyst used Stomp on it. Literally a 1 shot kill. I laughed extrenely hard. Teralyst got up fron its heal phase, saw my cat, used Stomp, then imploded.) Oh good times...I've been trying to replicate it because i want solid video of it. So folks can respect the Ardaza more 

Lol really? O__o need to see that for myself hahahaha

4 hours ago, PookieNumnums said:

Psh, 

Im still waiting for sheldon to add in the pet squad tactic maneuver attacks. 

And also the ability to command them to attack specific targets via waypoint or waypoint+

Using the Hunter mod makes your companion focus any targets affected by slash, but they stop using their abilities as a trade-off.

56 minutes ago, (PS4)Foxkid_8 said:

Using the Hunter mod makes your companion focus any targets affected by slash, but they stop using their abilities as a trade-off.

Hunter command is buggy as f* and due to the fact that they stop using their abilities, it's simply useless :-/

3 hours ago, pedroshape said:

Lol really? O__o need to see that for myself hahahaha

Sadly since we can't make the pet use their buffs its damn hard to see.

But if the Kavat uses it at the right time which I think is right as the Teralyst is about to stomp on it. It prevents the pet from dieing and well the damage gets amplified by 60% & sent right back at the Teralyst. It fun to see.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Zero_029 said:

Sadly since we can't make the pet use their buffs its damn hard to see.

But if the Kavat uses it at the right time which I think is right as the Teralyst is about to stomp on it. It prevents the pet from dieing and well the damage gets amplified by 60% & sent right back at the Teralyst. It fun to see.

Lol that surely would be fun as hell...

Do you think Adarza deals more dmg than smeeta? Smeeta has charm which is useful for a lot of things (even crit) and invisibility that also raises its dmg but adarza has cat's eyes.

1 hour ago, pedroshape said:

Lol that surely would be fun as hell...

Do you think Adarza deals more dmg than smeeta? Smeeta has charm which is useful for a lot of things (even crit) and invisibility that also raises its dmg but adarza has cat's eyes.

I think it does. Because it has a consistent crit buff that is guaranteed to hit every 20 seconds. So sustainted damage is higher.

Also reflect does major damage. Especially as enemies scale up. And if a major attack gets reflected...

Smeeta's charm can out damage an Ardarza when it procs the Red Crit buff. But outside of that Smeeta lacks in dps.

Smeeta just has more versatility due to the various rng buffs.

But dps/combat wise I feel Ardarza is better as its more reliable.