The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Banshee Quake Augment Energy cost needs to be doubled.

tucker_d_dawg

Let the hatemail begin but it should be.

or quadrupled. Or maybe even more.  Only when using augment - similar how the old augment made it more expensive to leave it on.  But here I think the flat cast cost should just increase if using it.

Get rid of simaris ability spam block, increase the cost of quake spam.  At the very least it should be twice the energy cost of max zenurik.

Not every ability can be nerfed just because somebody doesn't like it. Maybe try solo so you don't have to play with those banshees.

And the simaris spam block is in an optional version of sanctuary onslaught meant for players who are good at the game. Not being able to spam abilities is a good thing.

Edited by (XB1)ultimategamerjr

30 minutes ago, tucker_d_dawg said:

Get rid of simaris ability spam block, increase the cost of quake spam.  At the very least it should be twice the energy cost of max zenurik.

Honestly I think the ability spam blocker needs to be brought down to the lower level too, just maybe not as frequent as on high, purely because as it stands now frames like banshee (and others) can literally just clear the maps

1 hour ago, (XB1)ultimategamerjr said:

Not every ability can be nerfed just because somebody doesn't like it. Maybe try solo so you don't have to play with those banshees.

And the simaris spam block is in an optional version of sanctuary onslaught meant for players who are good at the game. Not being able to spam abilities is a good thing.

Its not an issue of "not liking it".  Its an issue of game balance.  The old augment increased energy drain the longer you used it... the new augment has no such penalty and has less drain than zenurik.

As for the simaris block - I understand what they intended - however it fails in so many ways and only targets a select few Warframes.

30 minutes ago, tucker_d_dawg said:

Its not an issue of "not liking it".  Its an issue of game balance.  The old augment increased energy drain the longer you used it... the new augment has no such penalty and has less drain than zenurik.

The only thing the old augment and new augment share in common is the name. They completely reworked it, I don't even think it has energy drain anymore (could be wrong, haven't used it too much). I'm pretty sure it is now just a deployable basically. What you seem to be asking for is a zenurik nerf not a banshee nerf, because as long as zenurik is a thing there will always be ways to spam abilities.

3 minutes ago, (XB1)ultimategamerjr said:

The only thing the old augment and new augment share in common is the name. They completely reworked it, I don't even think it has energy drain anymore (could be wrong, haven't used it too much). I'm pretty sure it is now just a deployable basically. What you seem to be asking for is a zenurik nerf not a banshee nerf, because as long as zenurik is a thing there will always be ways to spam abilities.

Perhaps you ought to use it before commenting on it.

I'm not asking for a zenurik nerf.  This is a feedback section and my feedback is I believe the single cast energy cost of Banshee's 4 when using the augment specifically should be increased.

I have used it extensively.  Its more broken than the old augment was and completely missed the their mark.  The only thing it "somewhat" solved was the AFK because now you have to press 4 repeatedly.

1 hour ago, (XB1)ultimategamerjr said:

It really isn't. It mostly has a negative impact on frames that are already well below meta for the mode, Banshee is actually one of the few nukers it hampers.

Rapidly spamming 4 on Volt is outright a waste of energy, as discharges don't overlap... Nova is in a similar boat as recasting too frequently prevents her 4 from covering its maximum range... Saryn is annoyed by it, but if you're using an AoE primary (which you should be to help spread Spores) it's actually inefficient to use her 4 unless there's a huge group of enemies around you...

Really, outside of Banshee, it mostly exists to completely screw over Ash and prevent Zephyr from repositioning her tornadoes. Which is ironic because Banshee's 4 isn't even why you bring her along in Elite. This demonstrates, again, for the millionth time, that "spamming" is almost entirely a low level farm phenomenon, and trying to "fix" this non-issue really has no place wasting any dev time whatsoever.