Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kavats in Derelict

ClayReaper

Farming for Kavats is ridiculous, evident by the endless stories you can read about it by just googling Kavat Genetic Code. We go to the Derelict for the sole purpose of either running vaults or collecting codes but half the time the Kavats either don't spawn or are likely dead by the time we reach them. Then when we do find them there are probably two or three if you're REALLY lucky and the drop chance for a code on scan is stupid low. There's speculation on Google saying the chance was upped from 6.5%(really? Come on guys..) to 15% (better but only if there were plenty to scan in the first place) but in practice it still feels like a 5% chance to find a Kavat spawn and a >5% to get a code. Add to that we now need 5 codes to take away from potential Kavats to give to khora and we now have a problem being forced into us to enjoy new content. That problem being either grind until you can't stand the sight of the Derelict and it's infested inhabitants anymore (and still come away with less than what you need) OR spend plat (which I get supporting the devs, I buy and spend plat it's not a problem but this isn't the way to incentivise that.)

Tl;dr: Either increase the spawn rate of Wild Kavats drastically (because one or two per run if you're lucky and they might be killed before you reach them is ridiculous) OR increase the code drop rate.

The genetic code drop rate should always have been 100%. The number of missions it takes to get a single kavat is ridiculous compared to getting a kubrow.

Of course, since there are still only two kavat breeds after years of being in the game, I get the feeling they've pretty much been forgotten. It's unlikely we'll see any changes.

19 hours ago, ClayReaper said:

Either increase the spawn rate of Wild Kavats drastically (because one or two per run if you're lucky and they might be killed before you reach them is ridiculous) OR increase the code drop rate.

Or make kavat drop DNA on death.

The end.

15 hours ago, low1991 said:

Or make kavat drop DNA on death.

The end.

Not the end because you still have to find the one or two that may or may not have spawned and with the current drop rates you'll still have the same problem of getting it to drop. Nothing wrong with scanning it's nearly as easy as killing

vor 1 Stunde schrieb Teoarrk:

I think that they should be able to be stopped by kinetic traps, although I could also just use Vauban to hold them in place.

Try the Helicor. You may give up the chance for a 2x event for scanning, but for me that was absolutly worth it. Scanning those things is a pest, after a while it feels satisfing to just punch their DNA out of them. Propably DE's way to incentivise animal cruelty...like destroying poor Kubrow families ;).

17 minutes ago, W3zeer said:

Try the Helicor. You may give up the chance for a 2x event for scanning, but for me that was absolutly worth it. Scanning those things is a pest, after a while it feels satisfing to just punch their DNA out of them. Propably DE's way to incentivise animal cruelty...like destroying poor Kubrow families ;).

Let's not forget Pest control. Those poor, poor mole rats.

6 hours ago, ClayReaper said:

Not the end because you still have to find the one or two that may or may not have spawned and with the current drop rates you'll still have the same problem of getting it to drop. Nothing wrong with scanning it's nearly as easy as killing

1. If drop on death = no need to go around with a scanner equipped. U can just nuke the whole map, or somehow aggro it.
  2. I noticed that, (with the scanner equipped), some maps have fixed kavat spawn number. The ratio is unknown to me.
  3. Drop rate is RNG. this is beating the dead horse.
  4. Needing to scan for DNA = break game-play flow... (still no idea how we obtain DNA by scanning, where you have just take it from their dead bodies...)