Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vaykor Hek for my Rhino

Kelpie77

Question

Hi everyone
for my Rhino build i use a Vaykor Hek, as many people advised me over the Hek. I like the idea of closing combat with rhino charge or holding position on a defense sortie mission, then unleashing few shell of pure doom. Except, well... it's not doom, just a little inconvenience. At second step sortie (i guess lvl 60-80) i had problem killing a corpus hit with full ammo clip (8 shell); if i was not using roar, a full clip was not enough and i had to close more and start hitting with Galatine.

That's the build i use, focused on crit chance as almost everyone says Vaykor Hek is a must to be built on crit chance (besides, 47% does'nt look so good in crit to me... :| )

DeVqZ72.jpg

Then i started searching on internet and i see a lot of different build. Really, too much to get me an idea (almost everyone used a completely different concept)

And i started tweaking it a little, adding something, removing something else, etc. I also tried using Vigilante Fervor + Offense in lieu of Breach Loader + Accelerated Blast but... meh... it seems really a bit crappish for a 8 round shotgun :|

then i started from scratch and built this build:

F0hXZ96.jpg

I have not yet used it but looking at the stats it looks better. Way better...

What do you think about?

also, what do you advice to let me be useful for something on lvl 100 sortie? at the moment i feel a bit useless, and i can't also spam roar because at lvl 100 Iron Skin drop way too fast and i must keep myself trapped in a loop Rhino Charge -> Iron Skin explosion (shrapnel) -> Iron Skin again and 80 energy for Roar is an expense i can barely afford...

10 answers to this question

The 2nd sortie was augmented shields, so it’s very hard to kill anything if you’re running the wrong element which you are 

Use this build: 

Point blank, hell’s chamber, ravage, blunderbuss, seeking fury, x2 elements (corrosive) and blaze 

This is the build I run and it works wonders. You’re also running blast which isn’t really useful all that much

Ok, ty for your reply

the reason i use Blast is because Scattering Inferno and Frigid Blast are the only one dual stat elemental mod i got; no problem in adding different elemental, just the status would be lower. Also, i have only Chilling Grasp  with D polarity :| so unless i forma it a couple more time it's a bit problematic

I'll try your advised build, of course, and let you know :)

ps: besides, is better to build for crit? or for multi?

1 hour ago, Kelpie77 said:

is better to build for crit? or for multi?

bth.gif

You could also try going for pure Toxin, that'll simply circumvent those pesky Shields,
and / or maybe Hunter Munitions, Crit Slash procs will wreck anything nicely.

19 hours ago, Kelpie77 said:

47% does'nt look so good in crit to me

Oh, I'm with you on disliking unreliable crits on slow single-shot weapons.

Thing is though, while less-than-100% Status Chance is pretty crappy on regular pellet-based Shotguns,
Crit Chance is another matter entirely, as each pellet has its own chance to crit
so on each shot, about ~half your pellets will crit, which is actually a decently reliable damage boost.

Edited by NinjaZeku

so...
half pellet does normal damage
half pellet does crit -> 4x damage -> 2x base damage
total is: 2.5x damage than base stated... round down to 2x damage 'cause damage multiplier is 3.8 and crit chance is slightly less than 50%... that's good...
now i need to increase base damage x_x

i sure will need a couple forma... :|

I'm a fan of this build for my vaykor hek:

Primed Point Blank, Primed Ravage, Blunderbuss, Hell's Chamber, Shrapnel Shot, Laser Sight, Blaze, Convulsion.

Used it in eximus stronghold defense on PS4 sortie today. Was one-shotting level 80 leech eximus grineer.

On 2018-04-29 at 4:13 PM, GinKenshin said:

Use this build: 
Point blank, hell’s chamber, ravage, blunderbuss, seeking fury, x2 elements (corrosive) and blaze
This is the build I run and it works wonders. You’re also running blast which isn’t really useful all that much

Ok i used a couple forma and then i copied your build; i don't have the status+elemental for electricity and toxic so i used the standard ones (i also can't maximize them so they are only at +45%)
besides it works well; i still need to hit multiple times with higher level mobs, but it's way better than before :)

My only concern, is probably the VHek is more for single target (while the other shotgun i use, the Arca Plasmor, is more CC) so probably is better against few powerful mobs (like grineer or maybe boss) than to control a huge crowd of swarming enemies (like infested). Am i wrong?

On 2018-05-01 at 6:52 AM, (PS4)AeonDeus said:

I'm a fan of this build for my vaykor hek:

Primed Point Blank, Primed Ravage, Blunderbuss, Hell's Chamber, Shrapnel Shot, Laser Sight, Blaze, Convulsion.

Used it in eximus stronghold defense on PS4 sortie today. Was one-shotting level 80 leech eximus grineer.

Convulsion is'nt a pistol mod? or you meant Charged Shell?

Edited by Kelpie77

8 hours ago, Kelpie77 said:

Ok i used a couple forma and then i copied your build; i don't have the status+elemental for electricity and toxic so i used the standard ones (i also can't maximize them so they are only at +45%)
besides it works well; i still need to hit multiple times with higher level mobs, but it's way better than before 🙂

My only concern, is probably the VHek is more for single target (while the other shotgun i use, the Arca Plasmor, is more CC) so probably is better against few powerful mobs (like grineer or maybe boss) than to control a huge crowd of swarming enemies (like infested). Am i wrong?

Convulsion is'nt a pistol mod? or you meant Charged Shell?

you're not wrong, but that's when seeking fury kicks in with it's punch through. having said that, I too use it mostly for grineer since headshots are easier to get with them, for corpus/infested I'd run with plasmor or something similar