Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do you lose Focus on death?

tprx

Question

I know you lose 10% affinity on death, but do you also lose focus? And what about bonus focus, is it added to focus earned like affinity, and thus, you lose 10% of that too? The message in game says you lose affinity, and doesn't mention focus, so I was curious about that.

8 answers to this question

5 minutes ago, tprx said:

I know you lose 10% affinity on death, but do you also lose focus? And what about bonus focus, is it added to focus earned like affinity, and thus, you lose 10% of that too? The message in game says you lose affinity, and doesn't mention focus, so I was curious about that.

You would only lose the focus gained in a mission, if you "abort" or outright fail said mission.

:redveil:

You will lose 10% of the focus gained up to that point in a mission if you revive.

This can be seen by performing a run with a self-damage weapon, getting to the end of the mission, checking your Focus, then downing yourself. If you check your Focus again, you will have lost 10%.

22 minutes ago, VoightIsMySpiritAnimal said:

You would only lose the focus gained in a mission, if you "abort" or outright fail said mission.

:redveil:

Not true, you don't lose focus if you abort or fail a mission.

13 minutes ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

You will lose 10% of the focus gained up to that point in a mission if you revive.

This can be seen by performing a run with a self-damage weapon, getting to the end of the mission, checking your Focus, then downing yourself. If you check your Focus again, you will have lost 10%.

Also not true, you don't lose focus on death, there is no way to lose focus AFAIK.

Just to test those two theories, I went into an Exterminate, killed a few enemies, then let myself die 2 times and revive and then I aborted the mission. Mission results said 1564 focus earned before the deaths and that is also what I earned total in that mission (checked in Orbiter).

Edited by bluepheonix13

33 minutes ago, tprx said:

I know you lose 10% affinity on death, but do you also lose focus?

See message above.

33 minutes ago, tprx said:

And what about bonus focus, is it added to focus earned like affinity, and thus, you lose 10% of that too?

What do you mean by "bonus focus"? Focus is not affected by bonus affinity for completing a mission if you mean that.

14 minutes ago, bluepheonix13 said:

What do you mean by "bonus focus"? Focus is not affected by bonus affinity for completing a mission if you mean that.

I meant the focus earned when you get the glowing squigly thingy during the mission that gives you bonus focus after a 30 second (or is it 45s?) killing spree.

6 minutes ago, tprx said:

I meant the focus earned when you get the glowing squigly thingy during the mission that gives you bonus focus after a 30 second (or is it 45s?) killing spree.

Oh okay, you mean focus earned during a Convergence. That just gets added to your total focus and doesn't behave any different.

vor 41 Minuten schrieb bluepheonix13:

Also not true, you don't lose focus on death, there is no way to lose focus AFAIK.

You can definitely lose Focus in ESO.

I was capped at Zone 6 (Focus Orb disappeared after about 10 seconds), died right before transitioning and had a Focus Orb in Zone 7 again

56 minutes ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

You can definitely lose Focus in ESO.

I was capped at Zone 6 (Focus Orb disappeared after about 10 seconds), died right before transitioning and had a Focus Orb in Zone 7 again

Maybe that is a bug due to the forced Convergence at the start of each zone? Why would they make it so you only lose focus when dying in a specific mode?