The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Operator Casting Call - Be Featured in a Promo Video!

[DE]Megan

TENNO, ARE YOU READY FOR THE SACRIFICE!?

Sorry, couldn't help myself. 

Well, here's my Operator! He's gone through several iterations during his lifetime, but I think I'm finally happy with him. I actually gave him a bit of a story behind his scar. I tried to make this Operator look as much like me as possible, but I think this is the closest I'm gonna get. I part my hair to the side like that, so it was convenient that the scar went on that side. 

His story is in the spoiler to help keep things clean. (This isn't a full account of the story I have, this is just the story of his looks. I just felt like sharing.)

Spoiler

While on the Zariman 10-0, the Tenno were changed by the Void. This is common knowledge an I am probably annoying people by mentioning it, but I felt it was necessary. The Void made the Tenno drastically different, sometimes unrecognizable. In my mind, the way the Tenno were changed actually had to do with them personally. For instance, my Operator, Kelsier, has golden energy in his hair and eyes. The Void did this to him, as it did to many other Tenno. But rarely will a Tenno get the same color in their differences. I think that this changed based on what the Tenno's favorite color was. (In my earliest iteration of Kelsier, he had green energy in his eyes and hair. I have green eyes, so this seemed like a bit much. Hence the change.) Kelsier likes a very specific shade of gold. This color is the same as the energy in his hair and the glow in his eyes, as well as the energy in most of his Warframes. (The ones that aren't made to look like the Avengers or colored for holidays.) 

The story behind the scar will be different based on the lore. The descriptions say that they are Somatics markings, and this could mean a number of things, but I really don't know. I would guess that it comes from using the Somatic Link for too long, so Tenno that have been awakened longer would have worse scars since The War Within stopped the need for the Somatic Link. However, I think that these scars could have come from the first major exposure to the Void. For instance, Sergeant Kaleen in the Ember Prime Codex entry was described as having been attacked by one of the Tenno (by accident, probably) and looked as if she'd been burned. I think that these scars could be the same thing. Either way, my story fits. Kelsier was not one of the earlier Tenno to be awoken from The Second Dream (Both in the lore and in real life. I did the quest a year or two after it came out.), and he has these scars from either Void exposure or from using the link.

I part my hair to the right like Kelsier does (Kelsier's right), but I do it just because, well, that's how I do it. Kelsier does it on that side mostly to hide his scar since it's not exactly the most attractive thing ever. I would imagine that most of the Tenno would hide their scars if they had a way to. Kelsier was fortunate enough to have his in a spot that is easy to hide with his hair.

NOTE: I went ahead and included all of the customization screens so it will be easier on you guys to re-create him if you choose my Operator. 🙂 

Spoiler

BB5DEB0B613354E797C04FB7808A7D81A036551B

14380E1501712D1762E753C5D7F65616C35785A2

37E0E6714A95F65BD6BF0D41DA692A258E5EF38B

D5FE8CC7B69613A038811AC7C98FE860A23DD37A

In the next spoiler are some pictures made to show him from all angles in the customization menu. Hopefully this helps!

Spoiler

E0F87AED7FFA712022AE595A6DF078C9D8DB44C3

0254BA130F6A1F9326D54F05E1E3706A1DFBF3BE

2E6BD699A93B0B1C340A0690CFDF35CDE2F54202

Well here's hoping this is for the sacrifice! Either that or some kind of new Operator customization system... 

Edited by KelsierSurvivor
Edit 1: Adding pictures. Edit 2: Adding my personal lore on Kelsier's scar. Just felt like sharing. :)

My operator, Dahrius. The Tenno with living Void under his skin.

Face caps:

Spoiler

Tozrcn.png

foDNqo.png

5FEMlP.png

Full body, frontal:

Spoiler

68JBpW.png

0Bv9ZU.png

Full body, frontal; better lighting, via Nekros Noble idle animation:
(The lighting in this custom window is awful, especially for darker-skinned Operators)

Spoiler

QXEVK1.png

a9SJjj.png

• Like 4