Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Alternative to Scaling Rewards

Raspberry

Outside of fissures, we do currently have no motive to push for high rounds due to a complete lack of scaling rewards. However, I have an idea that can potentially add some limited scaling in normal endless missions that could be adequately rewarding to long runners but doesn't give much disadvantage to those who want the "bite-sized" content.

Instead of AABC rotations, we could have ABCD for the first 4 rotations, then BBCD for every subsequent set of rotations until extraction. How this translates is, the old rotations B and C are the new rotations C and D, and the new rotations A and B are similar except that B is basically rotation A but with all junk rewards like credit caches, endo, and trash mods removed. This should work for most endless missions like Defense, Interception, Salvage, and Survival (also, all Survival tiers should include relics in early rotations; it feels silly to be guaranteed zero relics through the first 10 minutes). Endless missions that probably won't adapt this very well would be Excavation: Excavation rotations come and go extremely fast, so by design it does need some junk, so perhaps the new rotation Bs could have higher tier credit caches or endo.

I think this reward change, even if the "scaling" aspect is barely there, could be reason enough to push more than 4 rotations in a mission if a squad has the spare time. The biggest reason why we hardly do more than 4 rotations is because the current rotation A is full of trash. I think creating this "second" rotation A that removes all the junk rewards and leaves us with better stuff like relics is a good way to persuade more players to stick around a bit longer.

Edited by Raspberry

You're suggesting scaling rewards and trying to justify it to the people who doesn't want scaling rewards with "it's not that scaling".

Meanwhile you have to ask yourself, for the people who do want something with scaling rewards, is this really the most fun way of getting that?

I don’t know why people have an issue with scaling rewards. Especially with Kuva. It not like we are asking for there to be super OP rewards for lasting 2 hours in a survival. We’re asking to be rewarded with increasing amounts of a single resource AND NOTHING BUT that single resource. It won’t break the game. You can’t trade Kuva for profit, use it to directly make Warframes and weapons more powerful. It’s just a resource.

5 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

I don’t know why people have an issue with scaling rewards. Especially with Kuva. It not like we are asking for there to be super OP rewards for lasting 2 hours in a survival. We’re asking to be rewarded with increasing amounts of a single resource AND NOTHING BUT that single resource. It won’t break the game. You can’t trade Kuva for profit, use it to directly make Warframes and weapons more powerful. It’s just a resource.

last i checked you can as kuva is used in riven mods which makes weapons more powerful and are traded for massive amounts of plat eg scoliac rivens. 

more kuva = more rolls = more god rolls = market dillution = price drops = harder for everyone to earn plat since the most lucrative source has crashed.

how ever for kuva survivals, they could use a boost eg, have kuva as something in the missions drop table, maybe like 300 kuva on c rotations and or possibly have the amount of kuva from filters increasing 10% per rotation similar to fissures. though it should cap at either 50 or 100% bonus, that way it would still be manageable and people wont nag for scaling kuva as much

Edited by YandereWaifu

15 hours ago, Senguash said:

trying to justify it

I mean the Devs suggested similar solutions to scaling on the Devstream, and it's definitely going to be addressed. I don't see why it has to be "justified".

An issue with scaling rewards as well is that it could lead to a bad/ worse trend of people staying in missions for hours on end staring at a computer screen which really isnt healthy for players and has lead to deaths in the past in other games such as league of legends and is part of why in some regions the game has messages telling you how long youve played and asking you to take a break.

Edited by YandereWaifu

2 hours ago, YandereWaifu said:

last i checked you can as kuva is used in riven mods which makes weapons more powerful and are traded for massive amounts of plat eg scoliac rivens. 

more kuva = more rolls = more god rolls = market dillution = price drops = harder for everyone to earn plat since the most lucrative source has crashed.

how ever for kuva survivals, they could use a boost eg, have kuva as something in the missions drop table, maybe like 300 kuva on c rotations and or possibly have the amount of kuva from filters increasing 10% per rotation similar to fissures. though it should cap at either 50 or 100% bonus, that way it would still be manageable and people wont nag for scaling kuva as much

Notice how I said “directly”. I’m well aware of ravens, but their stats are complete RNG. Having more Kuva isn’t going to improve the RNG. It just means you have to spend less time grinding in order to then roll the riven.

51 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Notice how I said “directly”. I’m well aware of ravens, but their stats are complete RNG. Having more Kuva isn’t going to improve the RNG. It just means you have to spend less time grinding in order to then roll the riven.

not exactly as yes having more kuva will not increase riven stat rng, it will increase the amount of possible rolls anyone can do which would lead to a higher probability of getting good or god rolls, for reference think of this like a raffle, the more tickets you put in the higher your chances of winning something, whos more likely to win? the person who has 1 ticket or the person with 50 so to refine my previous statement, for further clarification, say you do kuva survival and you exit with about 4k kuva, depending on what your rolling (for this scenario lets say a fairly high rolled riven)  thats 1 chance at rolling, one chance of potentially getting a good or god roll, if you had more kuva  from scaling rewards, and you got around 7.5k kuva,   thats 2 chances of getting a good or god roll, better odds than the previous attempt, so while you are correct in that riven rng isnt changing, your wrong in that now your own rng is more likely to improve. youd think people would understand probability a bit better given that its taught since primary school.