Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How to hunt Eidolon's?

(PSN)Bleu_Jay_

Question

Hi Tenno 

I have started playing recently and have got to the part where I got my first amp and can now hunt Eidolon's. I tried my first hunt but didn't really understand what to do? Can you please guide me on what I need and how to successfully hunt an Eidolon?

I figured out I need to take its shields out with the void beam but it takes forever to do that. Am I doing something wrong?

What I have in my arsenal that I read are essential:

Trinity Prime

Oberon Prime

Vectis Prime (I don't have a Lanka)

I do not have an arcane.

I also have a few questions I'm hoping you can help me with.

- what amp do I need?

- how should I build this amp?

-what damage should I deal to the Eidolon? eg corrosive or radiation

- how do I get an arcane?

- can I do this alone?

Thank you so much (apologies for all the questions)

10 answers to this question

The post covers most of your questions. For starters and without a good amp, Trinity is a good choice. Make sure you have: Archwing and Archwing launchers, a blessing build and knowledge of the grineer camps and lure positions.

1 minute ago, (PS4)JayOlivier said:

Hi Tenno 

I have started playing recently and have got to the part where I got my first amp and can now hunt Eidolon's. I tried my first hunt but didn't really understand what to do? Can you please guide me on what I need and how to successfully hunt an Eidolon?

I figured out I need to take its shields out with the void beam but it takes forever to do that. Am I doing something wrong?

What I have in my arsenal that I read are essential:

Trinity Prime

Oberon Prime

Vectis Prime (I don't have a Lanka)

I do not have an arcane.

I also have a few questions I'm hoping you can help me with.

- what amp do I need?

- how should I build this amp?

-what damage should I deal to the Eidolon? eg corrosive or radiation

- how do I get an arcane?

- can I do this alone?

Thank you so much (apologies for all the questions)

Healing frames are not essential, but helps with lures survivability. I prefer Oberon over Trin because carpet gives immunity to magnetic proc that appear when one of limbs is broken.
For weapon, everything with high critical damage works good. Snipers are convenient but not required, Euphona Prime, Tenora/Soma (bring ammo restores), Buzlok work well too.

Amps:
Any crafted amp is far better than default one. 1-1-1 is good, but 2-2-2 is much better. Most of people I seen use 2-2-3, or 2-1-3.

Damage:
Eidolon limbs are vulnerable to radiation. You can strip its armor a bit only with melee with Shattering Impact equipped. Stripping its armor completely is not required.

Arcanes are dropped after killing or capturing Eidolon. Capturing have different pool with mostly better arcanes.

Yes, you can do it alone but its not efficient. With good team you can run 3x3 captures per night. Alone it takes too much time, but hour is enough to take all 3. In my experience it takes abour 30-40 mins to capture all 3 with fully upgraded operator.

Hiya!

Okay, where to begin... most people like to capture the Eidolons rather than kill them. What this means is that you go around at night looking for Eidolon Lures near Grineer encampments (there are a few at Hek's Stiletto as well as around the Twin Horns lake; you will know you're close to one when Onkko comes over your transference saying "Those devices draw power from Vomvalysts" or something). You damage those enough to knock them, then you'll get the option to hack them. Once you hack them, they should start to follow you around.

Captures need at least two "charged" lures, what it means to charge a lure is to go around the Plains and killing Vomvalysts while the lure is close to them so it can absorb their energy, so to speak. I believe it takes two Vomvalysts to charge a lure? I could be wrong about that. You will know that your lure is charged whenever their icon on your minimap turns from yellow to blue.

As for the Amp that you should use, I've found that the 1-1-1 (Raplak-Pencha-Clapkra) Amp is much better than the default Mote Amp, however I believe that most are using 2-2-3 (Shwaak-Shraksun-Lohrin) or 2-1-3 (Shwaak-Pencha-Lohrin). The full T1 Amp is pretty cheap to build, so you could use that while you gather standing/materials for other, better Amps. For this reason, it's probably a good idea to do public groups or hunt with friends until you do get one of the better ones. Solo can be painful because of the shields.

Their limbs are weak to Radiation; personally, I do use a Lanka, but Vectis Prime should be decent enough. 😊

You can get Operator Arcanes from Onkko in exchange for standing; I have seen a lot of people using Virtuous Strike or Virtuous Fury but I believe the most effective type depends on the Amp that you'll be using. Other Arcanes are dropped by the Eidolons themselves and better ones have a higher chance of dropping upon capture (which is why people prefer capture > kill).

5 minutes ago, (PS4)JayOlivier said:

How exactly do you capture it? Same as trying to kill it but you just use about two lure's and get its health low? 

Pretty much you just kill it while the lures are "attached" to it, you can tell when they're attached when you see energy lines connecting the Eidolon to the lure. 😛

Edit: I think the lures have a range of 50m, so try to keep your Warframe close to the Eidolon while you're in Operator mode (because for some reason they follow your Warframe and not your Operator).

Edited by MesaVandal
things and stuff
  • Like 1

I have done a few on Cetus, Konzu has them listed during nightime, had watched a youtube video but slowly learing as I do the Public Teralyst missions.

I am also at the stage of building enough standing to build a new amp, the free one does so little and lasts seconds, but every little helps, gave up on a low rank sniper with a badly modded Oberon, and went with Inaros and a Hek and found that did a little more. But it's in progress, really want some better Arcanes so want to become a more efficient hunter, it takes time, mods, experience and some of that comes with taking part.

7 hours ago, (PS4)JayOlivier said:

- can I do this alone?

How much of the focus trees you have opened up will impact your ability to solo a tremendous amount.  Primarily I'm talking about the two "way bound" nodes from each school.  You want a bunch of those (but not necessarily all) fully ranked and unbound.  This takes quite a few millions of focus points.  Start with the nodes that give your operator better health and more armor.  Then better amp energy.  And last better operator energy.

Obviously with the requirements of so many focus points this is a long term goal.  But the sooner you start the sooner you make progress toward the end.

7 hours ago, MesaVandal said:

I have seen a lot of people using Virtuous Strike or Virtuous Fury but I believe the most effective type depends on the Amp that you'll be using.

Virtuous fury grants additional damage and is triggered by status procs.  The swaak prism does a guaranteed impact proc.

Virtuous strike grants additional crit damage and is triggered by crit hits. The best matches for it are the Granmu prism with Lohrin brace (38% / 2.0x) or the Shraksun scaffold with Lohrin brace (32% / 2.5x). 

At it's most basic, the process of capturing an Eidolon is as follows:

1. Head to a Grineer camp and kill, then hack their Eidolon Lures. You need 2 to cature a Teralyst, and 3 for the other two.

2. Charge the Lures with 3 Vomvalysts each. At this point, other than making sure that they haven't been destroyed, Lures can be mostly ignored, as they do everything they need to automatically. However, you can't capture without them, so don't forget about them completely.

3. Find the Eidolon, switch to Operator mode, and start shooting it with your Amp. It's shields can only be damaged by Void damage, and only your Amp deals that.

4. Once the shields are down, the things on it's "elbows" and "knees" will take damage from regular weapons. The armor type these have takes extra damage from Radiation, which is why you'll see a lot of people using the Lanka.

5. Keep an eye on the Vomvalysts! At some point in the fight, they'll rush to the Eidolon and start restoring it's shields, requiring you to deplete them again. Take them out before they restore the Eidolon to full shields.

6. After one of the elbow or knee things is broken, the Eidolon will release a series of waves of Magnetic damage. This will kill you if you're too close, so back away until they're done.

7. If you have charged Lures, you can start damaging the shields again, as the Lure will keep it there. If you don't have a charged Lure, it will teleport away and you'll have to find it in order to lay into it. Either way, it's just a repeat of what you've already done: deplete shields, break limb.

8. Break all 4 limbs, and the face becomes vulnerable. Damage that until the Eidolon finally falls. If you have enough active Lures, it will be captured, and the lures will drop your rewards. If you don't have enough active Lures, you kill it, and the rewards drop from the Eidolon itself.

9. At this point, you can either look for more Eidolons, or head back to Cetus to turn in the massive amount of Sentient Cores you've picked up.

That's the basics.