Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Another topic about Homophobia....

arimanari

After a second ban right now, i do think that DE is taking the political correctness too far, to the point that gays, like me, are being targeted and separated from the rest of the gamers. Your inentions are NOT GOOD.

First time i got suspended for 48 hours, first offense ever, for saying "I wouldn't know, I'm g*y" in region chat....After my ban was lifted, i was online in the morning and ceveral people spammed gay slurs non stop for minutes and were not banned at all. I had to endure this behavior while regular members encouraged it.
This behaviour appeared to be normal.. Early EU hours, a bunch of kids spamming the f-g and g-y words to test the limits to no avail...

Today i engaged in silly conversation with one of the known bullies in the chat and i immediately got suspended for saying that "people usually use "phag" to get away with things ".... while multiple times in the mornings or any other times this combination of letter did nothing to the offenders.

Please don't tell me that "i should not reveal my sexuality to the public chat" ... i have never done that.. not more than the guy who says "my gf is calling me.. 1 sec"... 

Bottomline? Filtering and scarring words like g*y, f*g and the anything like that, only give them more abusive power. You, at DE, do not protect us LGBTS this way, you actually harm us big time.

Edited by arimanari

unfortunately as far as i know DE isn't allowed to remove the filter, under canadian law (specifically Title IX i believe) companies have an obligation to "protect" "marginalized" groups online, which of course ends up doing more harm than good because they're appealing to SJWs who only work to make all rights movements less credible

but assuming they could find a way around it, yes the filters need to be removed, there are so many ways to circumvent them anyways, especially with waaay worse slurs

2 minutes ago, Laveillon said:

Not my cup of tea, but why did you felt the need to share it? Keeping secrets can give you benefits, i guess?

WTF are you talking about? What did I share? Do DE bans people for revealing their heterosexuality in any way? NO.

or they just keep any cont of PC topic out of the game. this is a place where people get on to play a game. Not to talk about politics(I would suggest facebook if you want to talk politics) this i a place for gamers to play and have fun. leave personal politics out.

Also "one sec my GF is calling" and "Im gay" are not the same. One is a statement about why they have to go AFK, the other is a declaration about ones sexuality. 

Just now, arimanari said:

WTF are you talking about? What did I share? Do DE bans people for revealing their heterosexuality in any way? NO.

do people boast about how heterosexual they are in region chat? no.

it isn't really something that needs to be brought up unless you're asked about it m8

2 minutes ago, Screamlord_Star said:

unfortunately as far as i know DE isn't allowed to remove the filter, under canadian law (specifically Title IX i believe) companies have an obligation to "protect" "marginalized" groups online, which of course ends up doing more harm than good because they're appealing to SJWs who only work to make all rights movements less credible

but assuming they could find a way around it, yes the filters need to be removed, there are so many ways to circumvent them anyways, especially with waaay worse slurs

i wasn't even using the word, i was going around it, but either the live mods saw that or it was also added to the black list of words.

Just now, Screamlord_Star said:

do people boast about how heterosexual they are in region chat? no.

it isn't really something that needs to be brought up unless you're asked about it m8

People do boast about how heterosexual they are. I never did. Your point?

2 minutes ago, arimanari said:

heres the problem. You are shoving it in people faces. Even if you dont indeed to. You really dont see straight people saying there straight in chat(only time ive seen it is when someone said they were gay and the other said they were straight as a response.) 

3 minutes ago, arimanari said:

Well, point made clear, i have no other things to ask. Also, please don't litter the forum with more hate, than it already has.

yeah... i've never seen a "im straight" in region chat, so im gonna have to ask for citation on that, my point is that bringing it up at all is calling attention to yourself and your sexual orientation when really nobody cares, for instance, the fact that im bisexual doesn't add anything to my argument (except as an example), and you didn't need to know

1 minute ago, Senketsu_ said:

heres the problem. You are shoving it in people faces. Even if you dont indeed to. You really dont see straight people saying there straight in chat(only time ive seen it is when someone said they were gay and the other said they were straight as a response.) 

Actually, mate you are being extremely homophobic right now and it's funnny you don't get it. I never said i am gay cause i wanted to advertise myself. Do you even read? I  only shared my orientation the first time, was cause it was part of a conversation that begged for it. 

You are a bully and a homophobic.

2 minutes ago, arimanari said:

heres the thing. it dosnt even need to be talked about to begin with. No one needs to know about your personal sexuality, if you really want to tell someone, then send them a PM. bringing this kind of stuff up in game just ruins the fun for everyone because it dosnt need to even be discussed on an open chat.

yeah... i've never seen a "im straight" in region chat, so im gonna have to ask for citation on that, my point is that bringing it up at all is calling attention to yourself and your sexual orientation when really nobody cares, for instance, the fact that im bisexual doesn't add anything to my argument (except as an example), and you didn't need to know

What if i say " I play games with my boyfriend" and then im asked "oh you chick?" ......

sigh

no, your irrational, overly sensitive, and missing the point

When you get game banned for saying "im straight" then talk to me, ok? Go check if u will get banned. Test the bots.

What if i say " I play games with my boyfriend" and then im asked "oh you chick?" ......

then you say "no im a guy", the other person responds "oh" and you go on with your day

1 minute ago, arimanari said:

Actually, mate you are being extremely homophobic right now and it's funnny you don't get it. I never said i am gay cause i wanted to advertise myself. Do you even read? I  only shared my orientation the first time, was cause it was part of a conversation that begged for it. 

this does not make them a bully or homophobic  doe 

18 minutes ago, arimanari said:

i have never done that.. not more than the guy who says "my gf is calling me.. 1 sec"... 

Are you just assuming genders? What if the player saying "my gf is calling me... 1 sec." is actually a girl?

Triggeredmeme.jpg

And because of small details like this one is a bit hard to believe on what other players preach about accepting minorities and such.

Edited by ----Legacy----

I am in no way bullying you. You what you posted. "I wouldnt know, im gay" was a declaration of your sexual orientation even if you didn't mean it to be. thats the issue. No one want to disguse any kind of sexuality on a video game where they just want to have fun. if you really want to discuss it. PM the person. 

as a girl who does play with her boyfriend and does mention that i play with them (usually when someone asks me to do a mission but im spending time with him or when i have to bring up that im going to be busy to someone who doesnt know) they usually just say aww ok next time then, no one or atleast very few people care about your orientation in this game

I know that i am being attacked by only straight guys right now and I have zero understanding and support from people who actually experienced what I have experienced.

4 minutes ago, Screamlord_Star said:

no, your irrational, overly sensitive, and missing the point