Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

U. 22.20 Lighting

Vesiga

All the oldschool rooms are pretty much wrecked with this change, if you don't use white lighting or the brightest blue you can't see a single thing. 

6WlBZqT.jpg
and even then it's still very dark.
7WDjksU.jpg
Kind of depressing.
Ldlu64e.jpg
I can't even see my own decorations now, or place them correctly cause of how dark it is, and even in this main room making everything white doesn't help.
The brightest area in the room, can barely even see my own frame.
AhlrSrZ.jpg

I would have to strip my WHOLE dojo down just to change the first floor to the newer rooms that have the "brighter" lighting :L 

Edited by Vesiga

Also these top lights in the 4 way connectors don't change colors anymore, so you're left with that annoying bright lighting on top of everything.
my frame is supposed to be purple and black w/ gold and I just look chrome and blackswvkN8O.jpg

Edited by Vesiga

Not only that, if you try to cover them up, the object covering it becomes bright, and the light levels don't go down as expected. I also have a labyrinth that's supposed to be lit up via the inside lanterns and such, but the new lighting makes it all weird and strange. I think.... I think that the light blocking volumes were deleted accidently! This is especially evident in the maze, but there's a plethora of foliaged hallways that now have no shadows to cover things up with, snow is super bright, and I'm not certain as to where the option to turn off the new foggy spotlights is located. (not that they're terrible, but they're going against the wanted lighting setup)

another issue is the accent lighting assumes u want the energy light on the walls to be bright enough to actually affect the lighting and colouring of the room. some times we dont want that.

for example i want blue energy lights on the wall but i want the room to have normal white lighting, and not look like a funky night club.

i suggest a simple toggle that just brightens the energy light so it can be used as accent light (or not if we leave it dim).

Edited by Ragingwasabi

I am excited for the potential behind lighting changes, but right now everything in my personal dojo is either completely washed out from blinding light or immersed in shadows. I do hope that these aspects get... toned down some. Unfortunately selecting white or black colour options doesn't compensate for the difference either. Sure I'm disheartened by this from a creative perspective, since I have just gotten quite fond of my set-up, but it's also just hard to look at in general.

Perhaps sliders on visible shadows and light strength?

Hoping for the best, but I appreciate the ongoing effort to improve upon the dojo systems!

Edited by Viktoriana