The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Trinity Nuke

19 hours ago, thesilentreaper92 said:

when people like you keep overplaying cheese.

You know nothing about me. I don't use trin at all on PC - and on console, while I have one built, I rarely take her to onslaught preferring volt or oberon.  I just appreciate it when there is one in the squad.  And so long as DE keeps making the drop rate require ON AVERAGE 50 runs to get a part, and it takes 22minutes to do those 50 runs, you're #@(&% right I'll appreciate cheese.

as for trin

Why do people still think Trin Nukes only kill 3 enemies (one per link)? My only guess is the built their Trinities/Castanas poorly, or have not seen her in action.

Why are people still calling for changes to trinity at all? This only works with self damage weapons - specifically only self damage weapons that exclusively deal radiation damage.  Which (AFAIK) limits your choice to the castanas.  They don't need to change trin, or link - they could simply add a secondary damage type (even small amount) to the castanas - toxin, electric, physical damage, cold, it doesn't matter.  The result would be if you make the castanas potent enough to still be effective, trin would kill herself even with Aviator.  If you didn't make the potent, they wouldn't kill enemies efficiently and no one would use it.  There is no reason to mess with Trinity, the mods, or anything else that could have far-reaching and and perhaps unexpected consequences.  Besides, Saryn (on PC) at the moment is a far better nuke for onslaught than Trinity.

On 2018-05-18 at 6:40 PM, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

personally I'm happy for them to stick around as it's nearly impossible to get anywhere close to Zone 8 on consoles without Castanuke Trin, because DE won't fix their broken game mode

Consolol players aren't good enough to bring 4 CPs and a volt that just hits 4 every 7 seconds? Odd.

39 minutes ago, Schrenk212 said:

Consolol players aren't good enough to bring 4 CPs and a volt that just hits 4 every 7 seconds? Odd.

CP and Volt only goes so far. I've done plenty games with both, the problem is that the Efficiency drains too fast in later zones, something that was fixed on PC. larger rooms are also a problem as enemies are too thinly spread out and there's not enough of them to cover the area to allow for a constant flow of kills. players are resorting to cheese because DE has made it so that only cheese gets you anywhere near Zone 8 for us.

if DE fixed these problems then I'd have no further issues: I can take garbage Drop rates and all the other problems in my stride, but this game mode is broken for us, and DE aren't showing any sign that they're going to fix it.

On ‎2018‎-‎05‎-‎18 at 4:57 AM, --Q--Voltage said:

They make it boring for you and that is your opinion (which is fine). Many players enjoy killing efficiently, and Trinity does just that. The build has existed for years but has recently become popular due to social media (Youtube, Twitch, Reddit, etc). I believe that the build is not too overpowered as there is risk of killing yourself and falls off without buffers in extremely high levels.

If you dislike the play style, you are free to recruit players who don't use it or go solo. If you truely dislike it, there are plenty of measures to avoid it. 

Trin IS a SUPPORT!

NOT A NUKE.

The prob isnt trin, its onslaught, this build has been around a while...i certainly had a nuke trin prior to onslaught, but hardly ever used it. In fact I never saw it used much at all...that all changed with onslaught

dont know what onslaught is like on PC but on console it's a pretty miserable experience..Low level players badly geared are fairly common place, higher MR players are often just as bad....I have had several trinity's ask my build...no idea what set ups they were using but their kills where way down on mine?...........I've tried recruiting chat and had no luck there. 

You end up more often than not dragging the team through and the only way to reliably do this is nuka trin, i played 5-6 matches yesterday the best i saw anyone do was 50% of my kills, more often than not I was 5-6 times more kills.  I have used a volt and while i would usually come top it was a struggle to get to 8, often failing in round 7...With trin i can more reliably get to 8...so I am playing the hell out of her before they nerf her...with very little intention of ever going back once i get the last Braton V competent I need! 

My solution would be to remove the 2 rounds per rotation...instead of AABC taking 8 rounds it should be AABC after each round..so 4 rounds to get the rewards...this would solve the drop rate issue and people could use what ever gear they liked 

Edited by (PS4)TheDrift-

On 2018-05-18 at 7:47 AM, thesilentreaper92 said:

so they should only nerf when it becomes convenient for you.  these play styles makes things just boring

No, what's boring is people who want everyone to slog through repetitive game modes as slowly as you do 😕

4 minutes ago, (PS4)Eluminary said:

It will be nerfed when 90% of the people going to ESO are Trinity's currently it's all Saryns, so she's going to be first....  then we'll see what frame is the most popular after that Trinity is a good contender and she'll go down as well.

I think It only takes 3-5 people being really loud in the forums and DE will nerf it.  😞 

Edited by kenny1007

3 hours ago, (XB1)RevenantRequiem said:

Trin IS a SUPPORT!

NOT A NUKE.

There are a lot of support frames, which you probably won't call support because they are capable to do something else.

The last thing Trinity needs is a nerf, she needs a buff and maybe a rework.

For ESO It’s way easier to hit 8 on pc than console right now due to how the spawns are. PC has more spawn rates and they spawn quicker on pc. DE didn’t account for this basically an oversight which makes ESO significantly harder on console. It’s the same thing that happened with the relays and Cetus when plains came out they gave console the same player capacity as pc and crashed console players for like a month.