Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[PC]Launcher updater is really bad

-Raisondetre

1 minute ago, r0n10 said:

any tips to deal with this downloaded it on steam fast but when u update with the launcher itself its so bad that its downloading it at 6kbps 

That's a problem with either your connection or your PC itself, not the launcher.

vor 3 Minuten schrieb r0n10:

any tips to deal with this downloaded it on steam fast but when u update with the launcher itself its so bad that its downloading it at 6kbps 

Mess with the settings in the launcher a bit, but its most likely not the launcher itself rather their patching servers being overwhelmed. Either try later or just let it run - it always fluctuates alot in speed.

42 minutes ago, Sitchrea said:

That's a problem with either your connection or your PC itself, not the launcher.

Than how is it that downloading a 2GB patch takes hours (as in, the launcher tends to be around 100Kb/s when my download speed is 20Mb/s) yet downloading a program or game on steam bigger than that takes considerably less time?

1 minute ago, Hayabusa97 said:

Than how is it that downloading a 2GB patch takes hours (as in, the launcher tends to be around 100Kb/s when my download speed is 20Mb/s) yet downloading a program or game on steam bigger than that takes considerably less time?

Probably because a couple ten-thousand people are trying to download said 2GB patch from a much smaller server than Valve's?

2 minutes ago, r0n10 said:

really needs an alternative way to download wf updates the updater is just frustrating

They don't want to use Steam for updates because they couldn't push hotfixes as quickly as with their own launcher.

Just now, peterc3 said:

Turn off Aggressive Download in the launcher settings, the small cog in the right hand corner.

If that doesn't fix it, the connection between you and DE is garbo.

yea its just garbage i guess this is probably the worse launcher ive seen so far

3 minutes ago, r0n10 said:

yea its just garbage i guess this is probably the worse launcher ive seen so far

This is meaningless. If the problem is solved by that setting, how is it the launcher's fault. If it isn't solved, again, how is it the launcher's fault? Launchers download data from servers. That is their sole function. If your connection is bad between you and the content server, there is nothing that a launcher could do to fix that short whatever company paying to put servers elsewhere.

I have had updates get to 2mbps quite consistently, although for some reason this last update did seem to be bottlenecked at DE's end for some reason. 

Edit: Also Warframe having its own launcher is vital to the emergency update and rapid update iteration DE sticks to. 

Edited by DrBorris

I've been having this problem as well. Just downloaded an app on my phone at 3 MB/s just to see if my internet was slow, but whenever I go to update Warframe the speed ranges from 890 bytes/s to a whopping 28KB/s 

I'm pretty sure the content server is under stress, or whatever the IT word is. So I guess I'll update a couple days later and hopefully I'll get better speeds.