Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stop Eidolon leeches

FlareFluffsune

Okay this has been becoming an increasing annoyance to me, I don't know if its from bad luck or people are just being lazy but I've been having an increase in people filling party slots on eidolon runs and not even participating in the mission simply running around the map thousands of meters away doing whatever meanwhile the team, and I'll admit a lot of the public parties I've been in are not always the best equipped, are a man down and not outputting as much damage as they could with their additional team member! They then have the gaul to come over when the eidolon is killed pick up the loot and leave the party! Sometimes if this person doing this is the host we get the god damned wonderful "Host Migration" and occasional "Oh where did all my loot go?" rage afterwards THANKS FOR FIXING THIS PROBLEM BTW DE!

Something needs to be changed about how the mission is handled to prevent this or give us the option to KICK PEOPLE ALREADY. Make the eidolon mission an actual mission where you need to stay close to the eidolon to get any rewards because I'm tired of these leeches sucking up space and causing me to lose a mission because we couldn't kill the eidolon fast enough before sun up.

But consider this.

Recruiting chat exists.

Useless teammates is the price you have to pay for not caring enough about the company you keep in the "end-game" mission and by doing so you can't comnplain.

Edited by -Temp0-
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, -Temp0- said:

But consider this.

Recruiting chat exists.

While that is true, unless you are a Chroma/duration Trinity/Volt/Harrow with Void Strike and 40 Hydrolist kills, it can take all night to find a party.

7 minutes ago, FlareFluffsune said:

running around the map thousands of meters away doing whatever

Did they have any lures?

If someone is doing that, it's possible they are trying to find Vomvalysts before engaging. (yes, there are the occasional non-scrub random teams that doesn't force teleports before filling the lures, they are rare but they exist)

I just leave squad and tag them with a block whenever someone is leeching, even if i'm playing Trinity, even if i'm the host, i can't stand them.

Votekicks would be abused but a simple blacklist function that you could apply to the entirety of your ignore list would be a large improvement.

:sad: Its unfriendly game play if you ask me

.. Even people starting to curse without no reason 

where will it stop idk i gues never

There needs to come an better system around this 

an system that doenst ban you for beeing honest to the report system 

-- People getting away allot becuase the report system can be used against you --

So for me its an meaningless system

2 часа назад, Mingcrusher сказал:

Every time I see a 'recruit chat' comment I cannot tell if it is sarcastic or not.

I've made all my runs using recruiting chat, some of the people I ran with ended up on the friend list but I sill mainly use it because I only do it on weekends, I can't sit around waiting for x,y,z players to come online in a time.

Out of countless terralyst captures and 200 hydrolyst captures I've ran into very few actual scrubs. Anyone who just hopps into a mission had it coming, he beggeg for troubles. That's all there's to it.

Anyone who cries that recruiting chat is bad is most likely bad himself so there's that.

Цитата

While that is true, unless you are a Chroma/duration Trinity/Volt/Harrow with Void Strike and 40 Hydrolist kills, it can take all night to find a party.

You can also use Rhino instead of Chroma and Oberon instead of Harrow but yeah well. Just frekaing play it.

Or suffer random idiots most of which will have mote amp and no interest in learning or playing right. Honestly if you can't swallow your pride and pick for the team, you deserve it anyway.

You ALSO can play alone and no one will dictate what and how you should be playing. All the possibilities and the likes of op choose time and time again to rely on total strangers and put their trust on them to play how they want. Dumb as hell.

Edited by -Temp0-

2 hours ago, Epilogia said:

And what did you expect?

DE created one of the most inflexible bossfights ever, requiring a meta setup to farm efficiently. Mind the "efficiently" part, because goofing around can be done with any setup whatsoever.

Recruiting chat is for the most part, used by people who want to either farm or learn how to farm the Tridolons, not play tag with them, so yes, either you're contributing to the farming process in a meaningful way (meta frame, decently geared/focused Operator, some experience), or you admit that you're a newbie and look for a learning group. 

15 minutes ago, Reifnir said:

And what did you expect?

DE created one of the most inflexible bossfights ever, requiring a meta setup to farm efficiently. Mind the "efficiently" part, because goofing around can be done with any setup whatsoever.

Recruiting chat is for the most part, used by people who want to either farm or learn how to farm the Tridolons, not play tag with them, so yes, either you're contributing to the farming process in a meaningful way (meta frame, decently geared/focused Operator, some experience), or you admit that you're a newbie and look for a learning group. 

True and I agree with some of it.
But once I wanted to get into a group as a Trinity, since I only have 8 Hydrolist captures (got all of those when it came out in under 2 days with a party of 2, didn't bother since then) and don't have "VS" I couldn't get a group in the whole night cycle - well, not the whole night cycle since after 20 mins I just gave up since it's pointless to start getting a party with less than half an hour remaining.
People didn't even care that I had 90 Eidolon kills and captures. They just flat out told me I'm an inexperienced noob and I don't know what to do, like the Hydrolist is sooo much different from an Teralist. Wow, has more phases and need to watch out for the purple and green bubbles, so hard. And I whispered over 25 people that were advertising Tridolon hunts.

This is why recruit chat doesn't work at all for such things. People there are elitist critics most of the time and it's just easier to go normal pub missions instead, but then you take the risk of finding Embers and Banshees that really have no clue what they are about to do.

1 hour ago, Epilogia said:

and don't have "VS"

Here's your problem.

Void Strike is pretty much mandatory on Trinity in speedruns, and since every experienced group wants to try 3x3 or 4x3, a Trinity without VS is something you'd agree to only if you're desperate. That said, for 3x3 runs and below you could get away with Unairu Wisp, maybe even Vazarin, but you'd still need to have a Focus ability that contributes to the hunt. Zenurik, unfortunately, is not one of them. 

And it's not that Hydrolyst is so different from a Teralyst, for all intents and purposes it's the Gantulyst who's the more troublesome of the bunch, it's how much time your team takes to take down the trio. Void Strikes are the key to downing them in 15 minutes or less, and for now, there is no alternative, sadly. 

Edited by Reifnir

2 hours ago, Epilogia said:

People there are elitist critics most of the time

Over the years I've seen some bizarrely inflexible metas, you really gotta get your own crew to play with tactics, and then you learn that being a meta-drone is sometimes as pointless as it is boring, the sad truth is there's a lot of borderline psychological disorder cases in the community. That said, their version of no-hassle, as much as it can entail fierce amounts of hassle, is to do the mission the way its done, and I've learned a lot from looking into that sort of thing. You guys also have to realize that children play this game too, there are a lot of levels of skill and capability and that will be a test of your own maturity, how hard and fast you throw someone under a bus because you think they aren't enough. If you just want the stuff, and you can't stand a less than amazing win, you might just be the source of a pretty unpleasant experience yourself.

*inflexible metas : I'm particularly thinking of the Ophelia meta, "We must camp because I brought a Hydro!" ... and of course, you're a jerk if you don't do as you're told (nvm how douchey it is to order people around), even though there's plenty of things in this game that really don't need to be optimized and that's one of those that doesn't even work like most people think it does. This is the problem with followers in everything hyumons do, it doesn't make you an authority because someone told you this is the best way to go about it. And you aint making the friends you need to try new things by being abrasive about everyone else's inadequacies. Or just go ahead and be mercenary asshats, own it and stop crying about the injustice of being exposed to lesser beings, cuz yeah, you're one too in your own precious way.

Edited by Suska
to rant moar

2 hours ago, Reifnir said:

Here's your problem.

Void Strike

Most of the people didn't even ask if I had Void Strike or not. They just took a look at my stats - only my Hydro capture count to be precise - and flat out called me a noob and told me to go away.

I also don't seem to understand why everyone needs a Void Strike, seen people in pub matches 1-shot the Hydro shield alone, so why do they ask for everyone to have it? To overkill or what? It even stacks up, so why?

8 hours ago, Epilogia said:

This... Its been an ongoing issue with finding premades in recruit. Too many people want to run meta in a recruit, were as if you just jump in pub you can be whatever you want.

I've personally never experienced this issue. Sometimes people are weaker yes, but they have to start somewhere. Ive never had people run around the map, except the beginning while someones getting lures. All I do is pub. 

5 hours ago, Epilogia said:

I also don't seem to understand why everyone needs a Void Strike, seen people in pub matches 1-shot the Hydro shield alone, so why do they ask for everyone to have it? To overkill or what? It even stacks up, so why?

The very fact that you're asking this question makes it glaringly obvious you do not understand how Tridolon speedruns work at all (or how Void Strike works, for that matter), despite multiple guides having been posted on the forums.

To put it in short version - you want 3 people with Void Strikes (Volt, Harrow/Oberon, Trinity) and one Unairu Wisp (Chroma/Rhino) to optimize the process of shredding Eidolon shields. 

One of the popular approaches:

Spoiler

At the beginning, Chroma goes to grab one lure and immediately charge it, actively seeking wandering Voms. 

Trinity rushes off to grab the other seven.

Volt and Harrow approach the Teralyst, and both work to strip its first (and only first!) shield. By the time Chroma charges his lure, shield needs to be down. 

At this point, Harrow discards any leftover VS stacks and starts charging a fresh stack of 8, spending 99% time on his operator, in Void Mode, eating energy pizzas to stay there all the time. Harrow ONLY exits the Operator to cast his 4 on limb tear, and immediately goes back to Void Mode, his goal being reaching 16-20 stacks by the time Gantulyst spawns.

Volt works Teralyst shields solo, and has very little time to stack VS, so he must rely on picking up Unairu Wisps spawned by Chroma before shooting his Amp, and as soon as the last limb has been torn away and Teralyst is down for the count, he also discards any remaining stacks to start working on a fresh 8.

Trinity arrives when the last limb has been torn, bringing another 7 lures, and again, starts charging 8 fresh stacks. 

Harrow then STARTS working on Gantulyst shield,normally using 2 stacks per shield, and announces when he's at 2 stacks, and when he's out, letting Volt know it's time to use whatever he managed to store since Teralyst. If by some turn of bad luck BOTH spend all stacks, Trinity may pinch in at the end, but normally, Trinity saves her stacks for Hydro. 

TL;DR: For 3x3 and 4x3 speedruns, that is, clocking a Hydrolyst capture in under 12 minutes Trinity MUST have void strike. And enough experience to know when to use it. Without it your best bet is either running with friends or joining pubs/learning groups. Don't try to join speedrun farmers when the only way you can contribute is by dragging everyone down. 

Edited by Reifnir

• 2 years later...

I'm kind of new to warframe and eidolon hunting but I had a whole group in an eidolon bounty just standing near the eidolon, not doing anything. it took me about 20 mins to capture the eidolon but i died on my last life as the capture animation played  (because others wouldnt revive me) and lost all of the rewards, then they proceeded to take all of the cores and shards. I then abandoned mission because I was quite upset. idk but i think at least for bounties there should be some sort of way to encourage people to not leech such as a damage based drop system.

kick vote may not work at all. like now: no axi o5 or axi c6? - next game.

later the people will also be kicked? that damages the reputation extremely and i can name a lot of games for small children, where kick votes are common for all nonsense.

It would be better if you have to meet certain requirements and can't play a game without it. unless it is from the LFG.

• Like 1