Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe/Operator Melee And Combat Systems Ideas

IAmTheFutureFlash

Hi,

ideas may make the true fun melee fashion become real and so much easier and also overall warframe gameplay

- WARFRAMES -

- mouse scroll up/down : changes the stance combo style attack and it appears behind the combo meter

- mouse middle click + scroll up/down : changes between the stance mods and it appears behind the combo style attack meter

- mouse right click : blocks damage + channeling, also channeling work when attacking

- also no more hard to perform stances like E E wait E E E because also it's too hard to control with high attack speed build, so the stances goes from start to end by just spamming E, and also can be skipped when shooting with weapons or stop clicking E, also clicking E once will not do more than one attack with melee so the skipping will be much easier than just wait until it finish

- mouse left click : changes very fast from melee to secondary/primary and fire bullets, and changes from secondary/primary to melee by just clicking E

- F button : changes very fast from secondary to primary without any mods needed

- hold button " T " : unleash the true power of the tenno within warframes and a high void energy cover the warframe armor with x2 increased power strength and melee attack speed and it needs a full energy bar to activate this operator-warframe ultimate void power and keeps for a basic duration of 20 seconds, and can be affected by the warframe duration build or maybe operator build system

- click " T " : switches from warframe to operator

- click " enter " : opens and closes chat (replacing " T ")

- click 5 button : commands the sentinel/kavat to attack an enemy

- make stance mods for secondary/primary, I mean just fancy and style moves while firing while bullet jump or roll or slide

- make new bullet jump styles like jumping above enemy while shooting like dante in DMC4

- the warframe will shoot one or more enemies with secondary weapon when you perform bullet jump behind enemies

- make slow motion for slide

- make bullet jump easier by removing the need of CTRL button from the bullet jump and instead make it SPACE button only, so clicking SPACE one time will perform bullet jump and while in air will perform a normal jump, this won't make jumping to a very close spot harder because if you double click SPACE you won't go too far away because the second jump cancel the bullet jump so it will be short jump at the end anyway

- make wall parkour easier by increasing wall lach range when secondary/primary is equipped, to perform better wall parkour, more fun, easier to stack to the wall and shoot nearby enemies like a real space ninja

- OPERATOR -

hold " T " : gives short duration combo - 1.5x combo triggers the ultimate demonic power of the operator, 2x combo will trigger a new demonic look for the operator and will increase movement speed by 2x, 2.5x combo will increase attack speed, 3x combo will increase damage, 3.5x combo will increase fire rate for void blast (charged void blast) and amp weapons

- operator will totally command the warframe 4 abilities (Excalibur Umbra) and the sentinel/kavat while he is in void mode by clicking 1,2,3,4,5 buttons

- mouse scroll up/down while wielding sword : changes the stance combo style attack and it appears behind the operator combo meter

- mouse middle click + scroll up/down while wielding sword : changes the focus school and it appears behind the operator combo style attack meter

- mouse right click : switches from void sword to void secondary/primary/summoning swords and shoots fast, and switching from that to void sword by just clicking E

- click F : switches instantly fast from void secondary to void primary

- mouse scroll up/down while wielding amp : changes shoot amp style from grenade launcher/charge blast etc..

- mouse middle click + scroll up/down : changes from amp to another weapon void primary/secondary/summoning swords (maybe in future updates will see new things)

- click Q : switches between melee weapons

- click E : very fast multiple melee attack and they are no longer than 1 second

- hold E : void blast

- click SPACE : operator will perform a fast void dash to up, no more noob operator jumps plz..

- mouse right click : while aiming to an enemy and click mouse right click, it will give an automatic aim for that close enemy, auto aim and forward void dash will stop the operator in frost of that enemy and back void dash will escape from the enemy, we need auto aim because void dash is hard to control

- mouse right click + SPACE + forward : teleports the operator instantly to front of an enemy

- EXPLAINING -

- operator will not replace warframes in combat, first of all because we have excalibur umbra + sentinel can help us kill nearby enemies, and when void open world comes, operator melee and amps will deal the most damage against void demon bosses and sentients

- warframes melee will use stance mods combo style

- operator melee will use focus melee combo style, each focus school has a different style of melee combo but the different is that the melee attacks are very short and fast and each focus school will have multiple style combos and the combo style in each focus can be switched by scrolling the middle mouse button, its the same as the warframe melee style combo change, and changing between focus schools will be mouse middle click + mouse scroll

- operator have melee weapon from his void energy like an exalted blade or light saber 😛

- warframes are space ninjas, and operators are demons like DMC he's a demon too

- make builds for each ability for the warframe separated from other abilities build, that's because for example when I'm playing trinity and using low duration to use "energy vampire" 2nd ability to get faster energy to my teammates, my 3rd ability "link" doesn't work because i'm low duration, its not fun like this.. the most fun is to use all abilities not just focus on one of them all

- new idea about finisher attacks for warframes : blocking melee attacks + E behind close enemy will perform a finisher attack, here's some nice finisher examples i liked from assassins creed 😛 starts 1:11

in this video there's 3 enemies max to fight with finishers, but also it is possible to fight 20 plus enemies but it will be much intense and fast finisher reactions, but in warframe is much harder because there's few enemies close enough for melee finisher fight and the rest are are firing at my warframe so heavily so to avoid all this heavy fires the warframe will block all this bullets while channeling to deflect bullets back to the shooters (its inside the finisher animation) , also each weapon has its own finisher animation by the stance mods, and after performing a bullet jump, scroll, slide, wall latch will give a different finisher after that, i'm not sure if DE will do same finishers as assassin's creed but i'm 100% sure the finishers will be a space ninja style kind

Edited by IAmTheFutureFlash

You and those 2000 other people are trying to fix the egg before the hen had a chance to even lay it.

You have hardly any idea how melee3.0 wll work out.

I'm just telling you, your are wasting your time by trying to fix problems thatdon't even exist yet.

OK; admitidly, I don't know you personally, maybe your are a medium or a timetraveler and in that case, I retract my statement.

56 minutes ago, Walkampf said:

You and those 2000 other people are trying to fix the egg before the hen had a chance to even lay it.

You have hardly any idea how melee3.0 wll work out.

I'm just telling you, your are wasting your time by trying to fix problems thatdon't even exist yet.

OK; admitidly, I don't know you personally, maybe your are a medium or a timetraveler and in that case, I retract my statement.

:facepalm:

if you mean maiming strike nerf for platinum or slide attack nerf problems

I don't care about platinum or anything

I want pure fun and I love this game

• 3 weeks later...

So, someone told me about the melee rework, and how drastically different it's going to be from the current system. I am reminded of another game that imploded after they changed something major...Skyforge. Used to be a great, open world game that was fun to grind in. Now, they changed the advancement system to make it "better," and suddenly, the game was an absolute pile of confusing, half-baked ideas rolled into one. It was so confusing that I, who had been playing Skyforge for about two years at that point, quit playing all together.

I have a funny feeling that the same thing is going to happen with Warframe from what was described to me (still trying to find a thread where the devs actually describe what's coming that this other person referenced). *smh*

Alas, poor Warframe, I hardly knew ye. A game of infinite jest...

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎2018‎-‎06‎-‎14 at 2:59 PM, TwoWolves said:

So, someone told me about the melee rework, and how drastically different it's going to be from the current system. I am reminded of another game that imploded after they changed something major...Skyforge. Used to be a great, open world game that was fun to grind in. Now, they changed the advancement system to make it "better," and suddenly, the game was an absolute pile of confusing, half-baked ideas rolled into one. It was so confusing that I, who had been playing Skyforge for about two years at that point, quit playing all together.

I have a funny feeling that the same thing is going to happen with Warframe from what was described to me (still trying to find a thread where the devs actually describe what's coming that this other person referenced). *smh*

Alas, poor Warframe, I hardly knew ye. A game of infinite jest...

to be honest, I made combo fashion even more easy

no need for any skill for this

I mean I believe DMC players have 100 fingers and 20 brains to do that combo fashion lol.. its not for normal people to do like that..

but is it possible to be easier than spam E and it gives all the combo from begin to end and if you wanna change stance in the middle of combo, just scroll with mouse to change combo style or a whole stance? no way lol

Eh, I personally feel like this doesn't really simplify it, and  would put on work for DE to add in animations for kinda unnecessary things, like the bullet jump stuff and gun stances (which I find ridiculous to think about), and make then rework mappings for more stuff than melee combat.

Honestly, it really seems like you just want them to copy/reskin DMC mechanics, which I don't see fitting to well with how Waframe works. No offense.

On 2018-07-01 at 7:08 AM, IAmTheFutureFlash said:

update : switching between focus schools will be like a 5 abilities for the operator by clicking 1,2,3,4,5 - naramon, zenurik, madurai, unairu, vazarin

and switching from warframe to operator is now button " T "

which is, and always was, chat

DMC series is a great game and I love it, but it's combat style doesn't belong here.

And what you propose would require overhauling almost everything about the game...