Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A noob's thought on Warframe's endgame

Th3SteAk

5 minutes ago, (PS4)SCP-100912 said:

Therein lies the problem though, if it's good then they're locking millions of players out of something they may never have even a chance at even at end game levels. But if it's not good enough then vets will whine about it not being enough for them. And right now as it stands, new and casual players take priority cause majority rule. This is a ftp loot centered game, having any loot that's unobtainable except to the people who can't get a perfect group and everything together is bad and alienates the community. This is why wraith and vandal variants are so easy to get now, they used to be awarded for doing well in events, but they started allowing them to be gotten other ways because people were getting mad that there were weapons they couldn't get. I've still got my og gorgon wraith from one of the first ps4 events, as well as my wraith twin vipers and a ton more, they used to be badges of honor for those who kicked ass in those events, but now are just dished out to whoever is patient enough to grind for them in invasions.

So as much as you think it's a good idea, it's never gonna happen, it's been tried and it's failed horribly.

Well, than this is truely unfortunate. Cuz I think DE did a good job at making noob like me extremely invested into the game. However, I just feel blueballed that after making a pretty decent character with extremely nice mods on it. I have no where to use it or showcase it (on the leaderboard or sth). I want to feel rewarded by investing 150 hours in 2 weeks you know? Instead of sitting in orbit waiting for the new alert to pop up.

5 minutes ago, Th3SteAk said:

Well, than this is truely unfortunate. Cuz I think DE did a good job at making noob like me extremely invested into the game. However, I just feel blueballed that after making a pretty decent character with extremely nice mods on it. I have no where to use it or showcase it (on the leaderboard or sth). I want to feel rewarded by investing 150 hours in 2 weeks you know? Instead of sitting in orbit waiting for the new alert to pop up.

Then go do Elite Sanctuary solo, try to get 10k + kuva from Kuva Survival, do 4k+ Hieracon or something, create a clan and complete it. You have options you just choose not to do them. 

1 minute ago, Th3SteAk said:

The issue with a leaderboard in a game like Warframe is that it will never show off a unique build. It will always show the most efficient build. The top 100 squads would all look virtually the same. There'd be no sense of personal accomplishment in creating your own build that suits your style of play and defines how you play. Find the reward in playing the game and enjoy how you play. Warframe is FILLED with mods and unique ways to use weapons. Rivens help with that. 

Showing off your build to others? I know for a fact I have several people in Warframe who love to discuss builds and encourage doing something different. I still confuse one of them whenever I drag my Glaxion into the Sorties with a Gas build. Clans exist for a reason. Every Clan I have been in have been incredible social and enjoyed talking builds. Try and see if you can find a Clan like that, there's so many out there.

And if you're looking for a reward for putting those hours in, don't you already have it? A frame and set of guns you love to use in combination with each other, all with a build you are satisfied with? I mean, there's always more frames to try, and hundreds of weapons in this game. I just discovered the Kohm. I'm mastery 21, and just found the Kohm and started using it. I've been in Warframe for years. 

P.S.
You're sitting in your Orbiter waiting for that new alert to pop up, yet you mentioned the community wasn't social enough...sounds like you aren't looking for the community mate.

2 minutes ago, CaptainMinty said:

The issue with a leaderboard in a game like Warframe is that it will never show off a unique build. It will always show the most efficient build. The top 100 squads would all look virtually the same. There'd be no sense of personal accomplishment in creating your own build that suits your style of play and defines how you play. Find the reward in playing the game and enjoy how you play. Warframe is FILLED with mods and unique ways to use weapons. Rivens help with that. 

Showing off your build to others? I know for a fact I have several people in Warframe who love to discuss builds and encourage doing something different. I still confuse one of them whenever I drag my Glaxion into the Sorties with a Gas build. Clans exist for a reason. Every Clan I have been in have been incredible social and enjoyed talking builds. Try and see if you can find a Clan like that, there's so many out there.

And if you're looking for a reward for putting those hours in, don't you already have it? A frame and set of guns you love to use in combination with each other, all with a build you are satisfied with? I mean, there's always more frames to try, and hundreds of weapons in this game. I just discovered the Kohm. I'm mastery 21, and just found the Kohm and started using it. I've been in Warframe for years. 

P.S.
You're sitting in your Orbiter waiting for that new alert to pop up, yet you mentioned the community wasn't social enough...sounds like you aren't looking for the community mate.

I really dont know if its just me or what. Everyone have been praising how friendly the community was but so far most people I met are ignoring me. I will join a match and strike up a conversation or greets, but no one replies. Same thing happens in my clan, I'll ask something and fully ignored until someone is annoyed from how many times I've asked it. The guy who introduce me to this game wouldn't even play with me. So far the community makes me a little disappointed from all the high praise you guys got. 

1 hour ago, Th3SteAk said:

-Reward top 100 groups with exclusive gears.

This is the reason I hate COD. The better you are doing, the better "powers" (for lack of a better word) you are rewarded with. Attack dogs for example. Rewards should not be something that make you better equipped than other players. If you're among the top tier of players, this means you are already better equipped than other players so it doesn't make sense to make the gap even bigger than it already is. 

well on the other side I help soo many peoples.And they don't care after the quest is Done or have the prime they wanted ,was test and they all failed,for free

I don't put everybody in same basket,But others do,I don't

3 minutes ago, ReddBeard said:

This is the reason I hate COD. The better you are doing, the better "powers" (for lack of a better word) you are rewarded with. Attack dogs for example. Rewards should not be something that make you better equipped than other players. If you're among the top tier of players, this means you are already better equipped than other players so it doesn't make sense to make the gap even bigger than it already is. 

Hey man, if there are no meaningful rewards why will people care about the leaderboard than. It's just a way for people to aim for something. Cosmetic have proven to be not significant enough for people to be invested in it, or the activity itself have proven to be not hard enough for people who completed to get praise.

1 hour ago, Ouinpis said:

well on the other side I help soo many peoples.And they don't care after the quest is Done or have the prime they wanted ,was test and they all failed,for free

I don't put everybody in same basket,But others do,I don't

Well, you are a saint and I applaud you for what you have done for the community 🙂

Edited by Th3SteAk

2 minutes ago, Th3SteAk said:

Hey man, if there are no meaningful rewards why will people care about the leaderboard than. It's just a way for people to aim for something. Cosmetic have proven to be not significant enough for people to be invested in it, or the activity itself have proven to be not hard enough for people who completed to get praise.

There is already onslaught specific loot available. Khora, Peculiar Mods, Instant Radiant Relics. Personally I don't think cosmetics are not significant enough. There are many many people in Warframe, myself included, that absolutely love the cosmetic side of the game. I'm sure you have heard the term "Fashion Frame" while playing - This is nothing BUT cosmetics. Additionally, the leader board is about bragging rights imo. I could be wrong, but that's how I view it. The feeling of seeing your name up there and knowing that all other players can see it there is great. 

It's about a sense of community. Heck, I am a clan leader and we have leader board competitions in place for the new obstacle courses. Why? Because it's fun to compete for best scores. 

12 minutes ago, Th3SteAk said:

I really dont know if its just me or what. Everyone have been praising how friendly the community was but so far most people I met are ignoring me. I will join a match and strike up a conversation or greets, but no one replies. Same thing happens in my clan, I'll ask something and fully ignored until someone is annoyed from how many times I've asked it. The guy who introduce me to this game wouldn't even play with me. So far the community makes me a little disappointed from all the high praise you guys got. 

To be blunt, not everyone has the same experience. Most people tend to run into players willing to toss a hand out to help someone in Warframe. That doesn't mean it happens 100% of the time. RNGesus seems to have handed you the short end of the stick. But don't let that stop you from enjoying the game itself. Warframe is fully capable of being played solo. Don't let a few sour apples ruin the whole batch for you.

Just now, Th3SteAk said:

Locking a vast majority of players out of something simply because they don't like the meta is immediately going to rile up the community. In fact, the only people who won't be upset is those who have those spots. Warframe is very casual. What would our leaderboards be? Time spent in a survival? Number of relics opened at once in a mission? Waves completed in Sanctuary Onslaught? Thing is, not a lot of people want to spend 8 plus hours in a survival, or open sixty something relics in one mission. Some of us don't have that kind of time to just burn. And as another issue, there's so many different missions, it's, ridiculous actually how much we have available to us in Warframe if you step back and look at it. And because there is so much, there would need to be a leaderboard for each thing. There'd be too many in Warframe. It's just not worth it. Leaderboards in Warframe would only amplify the meta into a bigger monster. It would generate toxicity towards nonmeta weapons and frames. I would go as far as the lack of significance in leaderboards and top player rewards allows players to stay more open-minded and be more relaxed when facing nonmeta situations.

5 minutes ago, ReddBeard said:

There is already onslaught specific loot available. Khora, Peculiar Mods, Instant Radiant Relics. Personally I don't think cosmetics are not significant enough. There are many many people in Warframe, myself included, that absolutely love the cosmetic side of the game. I'm sure you have heard the term "Fashion Frame" while playing - This is nothing BUT cosmetics. Additionally, the leader board is about bragging rights imo. I could be wrong, but that's how I view it. The feeling of seeing your name up there and knowing that all other players can see it there is great. 

It's about a sense of community. Heck, I am a clan leader and we have leader board competitions in place for the new obstacle courses. Why? Because it's fun to compete for best scores. 

Well its really nice to know this part of community exist because I love getting on leaderboards and brag about it. I'm just surprise people in my clan or general chat isn't talking about leaderboards at all. My region and clan could've skewed my opinion, or you could belong to minority and your opinion is skewed. I dont really know, but glad to know people are actually actively pushing for the leaderboard.

Edited by Th3SteAk

LMFAO, here i am trying to give out suggestion to improve the game and you just straight up tell me to leave. XD

What seems as an improvement in your eyes is but absurd in the eyes of others. What everyone tries to tell you is that WF does not fit your expectations because it was built that way. The core formula that includes the limited number of players on a tile and general accent on PVE, and the general goal to "hoard it all" is unchangeable in any way for as long as the game shows life signs in form of revenues.

What others are trying to say is that WF will stay as it is and you would be better off playing pubg or fortnite. 

7 minutes ago, Th3SteAk said:

Well its really nice to know this part of community exist because I love getting on leaderboards and brag about it. I'm just surprise people in my clan or general chat isn't talking about leaderboards at all. My region and clan could've skewed my opinion, or you could belong to minority and your opinion is skewed. I dont really know, but glad to know people are actually actively pushing for the leaderboard.

My advice to you would be, find a clan that you like. Even if it takes 50 clans before you get there, keep looking. The social aspect of warframe makes it much more enjoyable when you feel like you are running out of things to do. Maybe YOU don't have anything more that you wanna do, but I guarantee that someone, somewhere, is looking for someone that wouldn't mind helping them.

If you feel like you have nothing to do but you still enjoy warframe, why not help them out? I do this from time to time and it's great. It's also a great filler while you're waiting for new content.  

If you find that you're having trouble finding social clans (which was my exact issue) start your own clan, make it what you want it to be. Don't just invite anyone, take your time, hand pick your members, people who want to be social. This also opens the door to a boat load of content. Building a great dojo and doing all the research takes time (and resources!) Once you are ready, you can start looking for alliances. If your clan is really social, you might even get to the point where they start asking for a discord server, which is a great way to make new friends. 

35 minutes ago, Teloch said:

What seems as an improvement in your eyes is but absurd in the eyes of others. What everyone tries to tell you is that WF does not fit your expectations because it was built that way. The core formula that includes the limited number of players on a tile and general accent on PVE, and the general goal to "hoard it all" is unchangeable in any way for as long as the game shows life signs in form of revenues.

What others are trying to say is that WF will stay as it is and you would be better off playing pubg or fortnite. 

Please explain to me how my suggestion is absurd when I’m suggesting a system that will improve the end game while still keeping the hoard it all nature or potentially makes it more fun and meaningful? Why will I move on to another game when I like the game?

im fine with limited player slots in most part of the game just not open world. Open world design is for socializing or story telling. The plain fail on achieving both of these. The open world was no difference from the rest of the game, now you tell me why open world shall exist when the game and warframes are designed around narrow hallways besides for the sake of shock value? Don’t even mention it’s annoying from time to time to walk from where you finish bounty to cetus.

P.S. This could be a noob problem but it always take me an extra 3 minutes to walk from where I am to the entrance. Apparently following the Cetus tower never lead you to the entrance. When you think you’re there you are actually miles away

Edited by Th3SteAk

1 hour ago, CaptainMinty said:

To be blunt, not everyone has the same experience. Most people tend to run into players willing to toss a hand out to help someone in Warframe. That doesn't mean it happens 100% of the time. RNGesus seems to have handed you the short end of the stick. But don't let that stop you from enjoying the game itself. Warframe is fully capable of being played solo. Don't let a few sour apples ruin the whole batch for you.

Locking a vast majority of players out of something simply because they don't like the meta is immediately going to rile up the community. In fact, the only people who won't be upset is those who have those spots. Warframe is very casual. What would our leaderboards be? Time spent in a survival? Number of relics opened at once in a mission? Waves completed in Sanctuary Onslaught? Thing is, not a lot of people want to spend 8 plus hours in a survival, or open sixty something relics in one mission. Some of us don't have that kind of time to just burn. And as another issue, there's so many different missions, it's, ridiculous actually how much we have available to us in Warframe if you step back and look at it. And because there is so much, there would need to be a leaderboard for each thing. There'd be too many in Warframe. It's just not worth it. Leaderboards in Warframe would only amplify the meta into a bigger monster. It would generate toxicity towards nonmeta weapons and frames. I would go as far as the lack of significance in leaderboards and top player rewards allows players to stay more open-minded and be more relaxed when facing nonmeta situations.

To clearify the leaderboard point, I was looking for infinite level of SO. The mob scales up each level. The level will be time limited and if the player finish it in the set amount of time they get rewarded. The leaderboard will be made by how high and how fast you finish your levels. This is how D3 did it and putting a DE twist on it will be great. 

Which gets me excited from how the meta could be developed and how some neglected frames can be brought back for the sake of teamworks.

Edited by Th3SteAk

Maybe it's just that the game isn't really for you?

You say you enjoyed the story missions, but don't like the end game, maybe you're just more into narrative based games, and not that engaged with power based game systems?

I am a noob too, and I couldn't really care less about the story or narrative missions, I only unlock the ones I need to get parts and stuff, I still have a lot of them left too do, I am 300hrs in, and still have a shed load I want to do.

I prefer the meta game, grinding for lens, getting focus, getting rivens, rare mods, prime parts, arcanes, amps, zaws etc.

There is tons to keep you engaged, if you're that kind of player, if you aren't, accept the time you've played and move on, the game owes you nothing.

8 minutes ago, (XB1)Danowat32 said:

Maybe it's just that the game isn't really for you?

You say you enjoyed the story missions, but don't like the end game, maybe you're just more into narrative based games, and not that engaged with power based game systems?

I am a noob too, and I couldn't really care less about the story or narrative missions, I only unlock the ones I need to get parts and stuff, I still have a lot of them left too do, I am 300hrs in, and still have a shed load I want to do.

I prefer the meta game, grinding for lens, getting focus, getting rivens, rare mods, prime parts, arcanes, amps, zaws etc.

There is tons to keep you engaged, if you're that kind of player, if you aren't, accept the time you've played and move on, the game owes you nothing.

Yo man, I don’t really care about the lore beside when I’m studying for University finals and use the videos as background study music. I enjoy challenges, pushing for leaderboards. Working with teammates, socializing. I’m just questioning is there any content where I can use gear for the sake of challenging myself beside leveling up all my stuff, forma them, rinse and repeat. I love maxing out gears. However, when everything was one shot by your gear (even assasination missions) I started to wonder is there anything challenging in this game beside getting DE to drop you the prime part you want.

Edited by Th3SteAk

Ok i read the whole thread here and i just can say play the game for a much longer time before you judge it.

The Biggest rework thread is in my eyes ****

Dude 2 weeks is absolute nothing in warframe and maybe in a half year you understand what i meant.Even people who play for over 5 years explore new things even when they are small.

I would say warframe has alot of endgame at the moment and i bet with 2 weeks you see none of them?

Complete the focus tree.get all the loot from elite onslaught (its sounds you dont even know there is a elite mode),kill tridolons not just the teralyst ,get mods,arcanes,all weapons,warframes and mess around with builds and so much more.Warframe is a gem but you have to see it and this takes time.

Trust me there is so much more that is still hidden from your eyes and its not clever to judge anything before you even know from it.

Edited by K0bra

6 minutes ago, Th3SteAk said:

I started to wonder is there anything challenging in this game beside getting DE to drop you the prime part you want.

Up until a point, there is a challenge. But once you start getting decent weapons, frames and mods, most of the game becomes fairly trivial. For me, by far the biggest challenge is getting the reward I want. As far as I am concerned, WF is a game that lacks any real endgame. DE appear to be more focus on the "new player experience" at the moment. Getting new people hooked on the game is great - more players, more people to spend money. They do need to consider the endgame though. If people feel that there is very little content for them, they give up. As someone with over 2000 hours in game, the content is either way too easy, or incredibly boring (meta cheese is not fun). I do agree that both Onslaught and PoE were missed opportunities for DE. I do not agree with your suggestions though. I do not believe there is an endgame in WF currently, I do hope DE is working on something to add later.

I've been playing this game for over 4 years and there's still tons for me to do. Granted, I took a break on between but I'm nowhere near finished with this game. Grinding, fishing, farming for amp parts, farming for zaw, helping new players, everything is fun and entertaining. 

There's so much more to do, and two weeks is nothing compared to years some of us have put in. Reason why this game is so popular is because it's all free to play. Literally everything in the game can be farmed and the devs are extremely responsive and constantly come up with new content for us players. 

Join a clan, meet new people, a lot of people I play with are friendly and social. If you need a clan, I'll even shoot you a invite in the game. 

Honestly though, there's tons more to the game. 

3 hours ago, Th3SteAk said:

I respect the devs because they listen to community and understand that to sustain a MMORPG you need constant update to the game. Since I know the devs are always listening, I posted my first forum post in any video games. If the devs are all like you and tell people who compare their game to other similar game in the genre to leave, DE will just straight up turn into Bungie rn.

Moreover, all the new ideas are built on the previous ideas. Are you gonna accuse every single si-fi shooter game post doom copying Doom? Are you gonna accuse every single MOBA games for copying DOTA 2 and League of legends? I can't believe any human being unable to understand this basic concept of building on top of what people have previously achieved.

I defended Overwatch before and I’m gonna do it again here. Theres nothing wrong at borrowibg somthing and than improve it. Apple did it with IBM products back in the day. PUBG did it with the Battle Royale (they copy an idea from a book). Every car company did it with their own cars. Heck, Disney doesnt own snow white, cinderella, and other classic cartoon movies.

"The Devs are nice, I like the Devs, they do a thing that's good for devs to do, and that devs do not do often. This is valuable for them and I acknowledge it and want to make sure they know that I am acknowledging it."
"I used my very first effort to make a change about something I admittedly don't know a lot about because I think I know a lot about things that are kind of like it but are ultimately not like it."
"You people are bad and devs don't want to be like you, DO THEY? If they do then they will act like you, and these are nice devs, they do the good rare thing that is good of devs to do, they wouldn't not do this!"
"Strawman Strawman Strawman Strawman Strawman Strawman STRAWMAN"
"I can't believe X would X, what a crazy and backwards concept that we are clearly far beyond as a society. Anyone who thinks like this is wrong and should be alienated for being wrong. Let's not forget I literally put words in your mouth in order for me to be able to accuse you of this."
"I did a good thing in some place some time ago that no one knows about or remembers but I'm doing it again here and it's relevant for me to tell you because it will let you know that I am the kind of person who will do that kind of thing because I did it."
"X did X and X did X and X did X why wouldn't Warframe also do X it's like the devs want it to fail it's not wrong to do X!!!"

Hopefully this puts into perspective the insane amount of logical fallacies you just spewed out in one post.

No one is making you protect the Origin System, Tenno. You are free to come and go as you please, should what is here not please you. Go. We won't miss you too terribly, and the rails will be just as safe without you.

Or.

You could stay. Indulge us. Involve yourself. Try every weapon. Collect as many mods as you can. Create a new Zaw. Roll Riven mods. Learn the Market. Help your friends. Expand your arsenal. Get a cat. Become a member of the community. But if none of that interests you, then Warframe just simply isn't your game, friend. It's no one's fault, it's like disliking coleslaw. Some people can't help but dislike it. Other people relish in the flavor. It's not as big of a deal as you're making of it. Warframe is already 5 years old, if it was going to die, it would have, long, long ago.

Yo man, I don’t really care about the lore beside when I’m studying for University finals and use the videos as background study music. I enjoy challenges, pushing for leaderboards. Working with teammates, socializing. I’m just questioning is there any content where I can use gear for the sake of challenging myself beside leveling up all my stuff, forma them, rinse and repeat. I love maxing out gears. However, when everything was one shot by your gear (even assasination missions) I started to wonder is there anything challenging in this game beside getting DE to drop you the prime part you want.

You're one shoting sorties in 150 hrs?

4 hours ago, Th3SteAk said:

I respect the devs because they listen to community and understand that to sustain a MMORPG you need constant update to the game. Since I know the devs are always listening, I posted my first forum post in any video games. If the devs are all like you and tell people who compare their game to other similar game in the genre to leave, DE will just straight up turn into Bungie rn.

In an ironic twist, this comment was made in the middle of Bungie's biggest turnaround, being more active and working with the community than ever before. Not a white-knight, Bungo screwed up royally with D2 and CoO, but still funny as the game and devs are looking up finally.

Either way, my biggest gripe with what you've presented is exclusive rewards for top scores. That's not a good idea in Warframe at all. We already have 1 mod like that, Primed Chamber, and that's already a nightmare, we don't need more. Cosmetics like an emblem or a sigil, sure, go for it, but no mods, weapons, or anything of consequence please.

1 hour ago, (XB1)Danowat32 said:

You're one shoting sorties in 150 hrs?

Well, I don't think he finished enough quest to get into Sorties yet... But if he does, I don't think he fighting bosses level 100 where they can one-shot you...

But seriously even Sorties nowaday not even consider endgame by some poeple in community (lol). I even see some player one-shot a level 1500 (or higher? I reallt don't remember now) where I still struggle against Sorties level 100 Interception (lol).

2 minutes ago, NocheLuz said:

Well, I don't think he finished enough quest to get into Sorties yet... But if he does, I don't think he fighting bosses level 100 where they can one-shot you...

But seriously even Sorties nowaday not even consider endgame by some poeple in community (lol). I even see some player one-shot a level 1500 (or higher? I reallt don't remember now) where I still struggle against Sorties level 100 Interception (lol).

For a game with the legs Warframe has, I would imagine it's a very tough job to keep the game challenging for players who have been playing for a long time.