Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Astral Autopsy Completely Broken

SneakyWarframe

I'm nearly MR23 and been playing for a bit. I know how the game works. Astral Autopsy is not working ... for me at least.

Supposedly, you buy this mod from Simaris, slap it on an Arch-Wing melee weapon, and if you kill a critter with your melee weapon and have a scanner equipped with available charges, it will scan the critter you just offed. Sadly, it simply doesn't do anything, and not only did it take a lot of Simaris rep to buy one (and he has similarly-priced mods that sell for 50p, so, you know the opportunity cost was high), but I also did a lot of Arch-Wing missions specifically to get some scanning done ... and didn't. So, big sad face here.

Here are the various variations and variables I've verified aren't ... vorking? 🙂

- Yes, I have Codex Scanner charges available and equipped, checked and verified in-mission. Regarding this, I've tried:

• Having both Codex Scanner and Synthesis Scanner equipped at the same time.
  • Having both Codex Scanner and Synthesis Scanner equipped individually.
  • Changing the equipment slot my Codex Scanner was equipped in.
  • Using a Codex Scanner charge in-mission to scan something manually, then switching back to melee to try Astral Autopsy. After the mission, I verified in my codex that the manual scan worked and was logged correctly, while all Astral Autopsy kills did nothing (60+ on that mission).
  • Killing critters with melee hits with Codex Scanner as the currently equipped weapon / equipment item (so that it says "Codex Scanner" in the bottom right of the screen where it lists your active weapon). Killing something in this state does *not* decrement the scanner charge count which is also shown in the same area, giving more credence to the "it's broken" claim.

- Yes, I'm sure I'm killing things with an Arch-Wing melee weapon and getting the killing blow. Regarding this, I've tried:

• Two Arch-Wings (Itzal and Amesha) and three Arch-Wing Melee Weapons (Centaur, Veritux, and Rathbone). Astral Autopsy was installed on all weapons. One (Veritux) had no Catalyst, Formas, or Lens installed. Centaur had all three. Rathbone had a Catalyst only.
  • Roughly a dozen missions using only melee, though I didn't check my codex and find out it wasn't working until I was already 6-7 missions deep ... 😭. Tests afterward were performed on three alerts of varying levels and the level 3-8 Exterminate mission - Montes, Venus.
  • Missions on Montes, Venus were performed solo, and only using Melee, so I'm absolutely positive I was getting the "killing blow" which should trigger the scan. That said, one of the higher-level alerts had 4 or 5 of the high-HP Ogma enemies that took ~3 swings, so enemies that required more than one melee hit also did not get scanned on kill.

I'm not super-keen to do a bunch more testing, but I'm open to suggestions. Really, though, it'd be great if ya'll just acknowledged that you've heard me and know it's broken and will try to get it fixed in a future update. I won't turn down any freebees, though, for the massive pain and suffering this caused me. If some Simaris rep or plat or a shiny something-or-other showed up in my account, I promise I didn't see it.

-Sneaky

Just checking, are you trying to "autopsy" enemies whose Codex entries are already filled?

Because that, I think, should then cause you to not scan them / expend Scanner charges, similar to Helios.

(Or maybe I'm completely wrong about that. Nah, unpossible.)

Nope - checked my Codex after the mission. Most of the archwing targets are not in my codex. The only ones in my codex are ones I've manually scanned. Works ok if I manually scan with a scanner, but autopsy just doesn't work at all.

On 2018-06-01 at 4:55 AM, NinjaZeku said:

Just checking, are you trying to "autopsy" enemies whose Codex entries are already filled?

Because that, I think, should then cause you to not scan them / expend Scanner charges, similar to Helios.

(Or maybe I'm completely wrong about that. Nah, unpossible.)

Sadly, no. I've only scanned a few Archwing enemy types by hand (using the codex scanner) for testing purposes, so the Archwing portion of my codex is almost entirely empty. I've killed, with Astral Autopsy equipped, dozens of enemy types - most among them enemies that have no codex entry whatsoever. I was really hoping to use Astral Autopsy to fill out my codex, and not have to scan Archwing enemies by hand. Hmm .... it's almost like that's the reason this item was created ... Nah, that's crazy talk! :heartbroken:

What I was really hoping for, though, was an acknowledgement from the powers that be that they know this (as well as Heliocor, etc.) is broken. I understand that it may take time to fix, and I think we're all ok with that, it would just be helpful to know that it's on the list. Otherwise, it just feels like we're talking to ourselves, raging nonsensically against something we have no control over 🙂

I got and tried Astral Autopsy a few weeks ago and couldn't get it to work, pretty frustrating to have spent the rep and get no use from it.

Tried it again today and it still doesn't work. Thanks to you others for having posted.

• 3 weeks later...