Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

This is a serious problem.

CrunchyCloud

This is unacceptable.

To think that people as disgusting as these have been in positions of power for so long is mind-boggling to me. You can't ignore your playerbase if you want to keep your game from dying.

This is the sort of thing that just drives people away.

I understand that your staff are preoccupied with the new update but this is too much to ignore, and i just don't want to see one of my favorite games slowly die from toxicity.

I won't tolerate these people's behavior and i won't tolerate your ongoing silence on this topic.

As a long-time and loyal player, i demand accountability.

Summary: This video basically shows how certain mods are breaking the code of conduct with their toxic behavior, some partners display the same toxic behavior and yet is still partnered with Warframe and how the guides of the lotus have a corrupt and toxic community with many people just being in it for the glyph and such, and how all of the above negatively affects the regular player community. (sorry about the lack of summery before, i was just really upset)

I can already guess the contents of the video and the fact you didn't summarize it makes me automatically dislike whatever BS you are selling.

As a long-time and loyal player, I demand y'all stop with this inane whining about not being allowed to say stupid stuff on someone else's platform.

Sorry you can't control yourself, truly.

6 minutes ago, Genitive said:

Can you summarize the video? I don't think many of us have time to watch it in full.

I'm going to guess that it amounts to "I got in trouble for saying something that I knew I shouldn't have, but I saw where a mod said something else that was rude and even though I have no right or reason to think I am owed anything, I demand a change, an apology, a Cornetto and a pony."

Edited by NullSaint

When will people learn. Another day, another stupid thread.

Posting in GD... Check.

Posting about something you're ignorant of... check. 

Providing little information, just regurgitating other people's points.... check. 

Making demands.... check.

Gross hyperbole.... check

Ohhh baby, a penta kill.

Edited by DeMonkey

2 hours ago, Genitive said:

Can you summarize the video? I don't think many of us have time to watch it in full.

tl;dr (jk its still too long there is so much to go over)

Some users on tumblr are doing something to influence to bot changes (its mentioned they are talking to certain staff from DE) with one use being known as fri******ingmis******ist or mi*** (probably remember from a prime time where they saw that user in a dojo and couldn't say the name publicly because it didn't follow their TOS or made them not comfortable to even say)

"Just wanted to add i'm a chat mdoerator as well, and i'm in frequent contact with certain staff helping improve the filter. Recently helped get certain uses of the word r*pe added to the filter. (okay user thats not as bad)

Its mentioned later though they put the word gay into the filter with no real regard as to wether or not gay people could use the word to talk about it. They can't. (Idk if region chat is used for actual warframe stuff or casual chatter). Take this as an opinion from a gay guy. The word gay isn't a slur, never was and evne then if someone says "ur gay" its about as hurtful as being hit with a plastic bag from wind draft. Gay has been a defining word in the lgbt community for a while.

Certain chat mod lied about the shards for endo ban fiasco causing people's accounts to be suspended while also more or less mocking DE for making the feature. I think they called the region chat idiots but I might be mixing this up with another purple text.

When they were threataned to be reported for lying they more or less mocked the region chat and told them to more or less do it as it wont do anything.

Apparantly pairing Nezha and kinetic siphon trap gets you banned from chat and soemone actually tweeted to a chat mod about it and their reply? Proceeded to do it from the founders chat and lie about it not banning users so they can more or less gaslight the user who got banned for using the [] system for items. (There is suspicion the twitter user in question may have just been a made up account just to stir stuff by the person replying to it as there isn't even any direction or any way people could have seen it without actively seeking for it through twitter search).

The chat mods/guides are actually doing hypocritical things one saying the n word with a hard r (s****w) and now de has the choice to kick that person out for doing so (if they want) but could make them look like they are targeting a demogrpahic (white males)

Apparantly the previous guide fostinator who was kicked was because a DE staff member was manipulated by a certain user and people are pointing fingers at said users from tumblr. Fostinator was apparantly kicked from guides because of a old tweet which had nothing to dow ith him now or his actual contribution to warframe. That being said guides are still around who are saying the n word, making fiction depicting rape, non consesual drug use, guro and a few other things that would likely make a person drop someone's CV application let alone allow a user to moderate a game chat.

And a bunch fo other stuff i'll likely add.

I could likely make a bigger rundown if this thread is still alive.and will likely add more as i watch this again.

Just a fyi i'll be trying to keep names anon or censor them to an extend since I gotta comply with forum TOS but most of this is history at this point besides some recent events. Only name i've left is fostinator because he hasn't done anything bad he was just in this mess and has a video regarding it.

I'll give my personal opinion. IDC about the chat bot. Its a lazy way to moderate but its effective however i prefer what words that should be considered offensive for DE to add didn't come from hypocrites who use those words outside because it wont get them in trouble. You need to be professional in and out. Especially when certain words are just what a minority (tumblr) feel are offensive and could be said the same the other way around (Taking the t word from gay effiminite males who dress to pass female but aren't dysphoric and pushing transgenderism on them is both bad and dangerous. If you know the actual misery trans people go through with dysphoria you'd understand just how bad it would be to push that onto people who use the aformentioned word as a identity and not a slur. People who crossdress are just as valid as anyone else in the lgbt community).

Edit: Wasn't this thread deleted a minute ago? Who brought it back?

Also OP if you know how to link my post to yours that would be great. I've gone over a lot here, though i doubt anyone will miss it unless they skipped to the comment box just from your post alone. Either way did my best and I hope it helps.

Edited by Vilemyre

1 minute ago, DeMonkey said:

When will peole learn. Another day, another stupid thread.

Posting in GD... Check.

Posting about something you're ignorant of... check. 

Providing little information, just regurgitating other people's points.... check. 

Making demands.... check.

Gross hyperbole.... check

Ohhh baby, a penta kill.

I can by now guess what threads are about this topic, just by looking at their click bait title.

1 minute ago, Vilemyre said:

Some users on tumblr are doing something to influence to bot changes with one use being known as friendzoneningmisandranist or misan

WHich has already been confirmed to be untrue, since people on tumbler (or moderators in chat) can not actually do anything to the bot. 

4 minutes ago, Vilemyre said:

tl;dr

Some users on tumblr are doing something to influence to bot changes with one use being known as friendzoneningmisandranist or misan

The chat mods/guides are actually doing hypocritical things one saying the n word with a hard r (shadow) and now de has the choice to kick that person out for doing so (if they want) but could make them look like they are targeting a demogrpahic (white males)

and a bunch fo other stuff but thsoe are two key parts

I could likely break a bigger rundown if this thread is still alive.and will likely add more as i watch this again

Looks like a drama to me. Nothing to see here, then

But thanks for the summary.

2 minutes ago, rune_me said:

WHich has already been confirmed to be untrue, since people on tumbler (or moderators in chat) can not actually do anything to the bot. 

Oh no they actually sent their requests to DE not actually changed the bots trigger words. They just claimed they are "working closely with DE"

2 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

People in Hell want ice water.  That doesn't mean they deserve or will get it.  

You think this is an acceptable status quo? I think we deserve an honest response from DE.

Edited by CrunchyCloud

22 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

I can already guess the contents of the video and the fact you didn't summarize it makes me automatically dislike whatever BS you are selling.

As a long-time and loyal player, I demand y'all stop with this inane whining about not being allowed to say stupid stuff on someone else's platform.

Sorry you can't control yourself, truly.

As a long time and loyal player, none of what I say matters, just like none of what you say matters. Your opinion is as worthless as everyone else's, so you can act like you're some guardian angel to DE all you want, but it provides nothing and just shows how abstinent you are.

Just now, CrunchyCloud said:

You think this is an acceptable status quo? I think we deserve an honest response from DE.

DE has responded. Believe it or not, there has already been 50 other threads with this topic (which you would of course have seen, if you had bothered checking before posting). Some of those threads where even in the correct section, unlike yours. And DE staff responded to them. Shocking, I know.

Let me summarize their official response:

- "We want to make chat and the bot better and prevent the false positives. We are open to suggestions on that"

- "We are not interested in a debate over what is and isn't a slur. It is our bot, we decide what words you can and can not say"

- "If you have a problem with a moderator, report that moderator via support. We will not air our dirty laundry publicly on the forum and naming and shaming will get your threads deleted" (yours will be gone in a couple of minutes, I predict, since you did just that.)

15 minutes ago, TheGrimCorsair said:

"Boohoo, I can't have chat by a burning wasteland of chan-memes, racial slurs, and hates speech! People will be mad 'cause they can't be as homophobic as they want! This is bad for the game and will bring everything crashing to the ground!!!!"

AKA: Same whiny S#&$, different whiny S#&$bird.

While those are all nice strawmen, i fail to see how you not watching the video is relevant to this discussion. And what's with all the anger?

19 minutes ago, CrunchyCloud said:

Then read the forums.  Read the Twitter feeds, Watch the Devstreams, Primetime, and other streams.  Read the ToS.  

Educate yourself with hard facts and examples, then present them in an organized manner.  

What you put in the opening post was basically a bunch of disorganized garbage.  A rant.  

Edited by DatDarkOne
correction and word removed.

3 hours ago, Patzer said:

Drama or not, this is pretty S#&$ty PR for DE. 9:09 in video.

Yeah, I've been really skeptical of chat mod accountability for a while now. What will happen will happen though, DE's move (if there'll be one). 

2 minutes ago, rune_me said:

DE has responded. Believe it or not, there has already been 50 other threads with this topic (which you would of course have seen, if you had bothered checking before posting). Some of those threads where even in the correct section, unlike yours. And DE staff responded to them. Shocking, I know.

Let me summarize their official response:

- "We want to make chat and the bot better and prevent the false positives. We are open to suggestions on that"

- "We are not interested in a debate over what is and isn't a slur. It is our bot, we decide what words you can and can not say"

- "If you have a problem with a moderator, report that moderator via support. We will not air our dirty laundry publicly on the forum and naming and shaming will get your threads deleted" (yours will be gone in a couple of minutes, I predict, since you did just that.)

That's unacceptable. Those people need to be dropped ASAP.