Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

This is a serious problem.

CrunchyCloud

27 minutes ago, Cibyllae said:

How can someone with the name "friendzoningmisandrist" become a region chat mod with a hatefull word in their name?

24 minutes ago, rune_me said:

Because someone with that name was recruited by DE to be a mod.

Then we can only assume DE condones or at the very least doesn't oppose aforementioned views/hateful conduct further reinforced by said person boasting about how they got DE to included words their recommended into the bot filter.

Edited by Sh1batata
moer info

1 minute ago, Crucafix said:

And that's what I'm doing right now; I'm trying to at least get an explanation as why did I get treated like that; i.e nobody gave me an notification as to what are the reason I get banned. And honestly, getting told in the support that "it is just how it is", isn't an satisfactory explanation.

But why are you complaining to us? We don't have a hotline to support. We can't make them give you an explanation. We are just players in the game, same as you. 

I can tell you why you got banned, though. You got banned for calling someone a trap. The kickbot is specifically coded to detect that, and bans those it detects doing it, for a week. The reason it does so is because DE has decided that that should be the case. They have coded the bot to work that way.

1 minute ago, Sh1batata said:

Then we can only assume DE condones or at the very least doesn't oppose aforementioned views/hateful conduct.

I mean, I don't want to say that because then DE are hypocrites. I don't want to believe that so I'll say DE just don't realize what they're doing with this controversy.

If I had known about this, and I was an investors, I would have pulled.

Being associated with the brand name makes everything they said official from DE more or less. so take that for what you will. If it was a sperate thing, not related to war-frame, then whatever. but they chose to represent DE in that manner on a social platform, and they made it the companions business by doing so. not responding to it like a normal company would have says a lot about DE and it really disappointing me.

Edited by Fluff-E-Kitty

2 minutes ago, rune_me said:

But why are you complaining to us? We don't have a hotline to support. We can't make them give you an explanation. We are just players in the game, same as you. 

I can tell you why you got banned, though. You got banned for calling someone a trap. The kickbot is specifically coded to detect that, and bans those it detects doing it, for a week. The reason it does so is because DE has decided that that should be the case. They have coded the bot to work that way.

Then they should make it public that use of that word, or the word in the context of saying "is a t**p", is banable.

Also, guys, this thread shouldn't be about what words are banable or not. That's what got previous threads closed. The issue at hand is with the moderation and ban system.

Edited by A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n

1 minute ago, (PS4)Zero_029 said:

Sigh...

All these weekly threads fron folks wanting to spread hatred, racism, disrespect, & xenophobia really depresses me.

I'm so glad I have Region Chat toggled off. I know these threads are probably the vocal minority.

But I can't help but get the impression that the majority of the Warframe community is nothing but racists, homophobes, bigots, & supremacists. 

But I admit the video reinforces this.

The argument is basically:

"If __ can say it then I should be allowed to."

If Mods/partners are just as hateful. Then they shouldn't be mods/partners anymore.

I agree on that front. But just because a person in power does something doesn't suddenly mean everyone should.

By this threads logic...

If a Mod/partner jumps off a cliff then everyone should be allowed to.

Sigh...

I use to think this game's community was nice. But nope. All hate.

You don't know what this thread is about. This isn't about chat - this is about Chat Moderators abusing their power.

Please watch the video in the OP. The OP is harsh in what he said but he did not make the video. The video is far more rational.

Just now, (PS4)Zero_029 said:

Sigh...

All these weekly threads fron folks wanting to spread hatred, racism, disrespect, & xenophobia really depresses me.

I'm so glad I have Region Chat toggled off. I know these threads are probably the vocal minority.

But I can't help but get the impression that the majority of the Warframe community is nothing but racists, homophobes, bigots, & supremacists. 

But I admit the video reinforces this.

The argument is basically:

"If __ can say it then I should be allowed to."

If Mods/partners are just as hateful. Then they shouldn't be mods/partners anymore.

I agree on that front. But just because a person in power does something doesn't suddenly mean everyone should.

By this threads logic...

If a Mod/partner jumps off a cliff then everyone should be allowed to.

Sigh...

I use to think this game's community was nice. But nope. All hate.

I can tell you didn't even watch a second of the video. The chat filter, not even region chat, is the subject of this. I'd ask that you at least know what you're talking about before you inadvertently derail a constructive thread.

2 minutes ago, A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n said:

So choosing not to mention the name of a particular country is just common sense, right?

I did mention earlier that it could use some tweaks.  Also in such cases, support tickets can be submitted for the false positives.  

I understand those can and do happen.  When it does, then we should do our part properly to get the issue corrected.

Just now, DatDarkOne said:

I did mention earlier that it could use some tweaks.  Also in such cases, support tickets can be submitted for the false positives.  

I understand those can and do happen.  When it does, then we should do our part properly to get the issue corrected.

I'm not saying the word should be allowed, given how it can be used in place of a similar derogatory term. It's just that as long as we have a system that hides its rules and moderators who abuse their authority in order to demean people, we have a system that is not truly concerned with preventing bad behavior but with punishing as many players as possible. It's a system designed for maximum false positives.

Guys, imagine what new players see with this draconian chat filter. Getting banned for a week is just the start. If they start digging and see the corrupt Chat Mods, you think this is good PR for DE? This needs to be addressed, hopefully on tomorrow's devstream.

1 minute ago, Crucafix said:

Saying trap getting people beaten and killed?🤔

Also, refer to my reply above.

Can we drop this discussion of whether or not trap should be banned? It's irrelevant to this thread.

1 minute ago, Lord-Taco-the-Great said:

Alright guys, I beg of you to please keep this on topic, and non toxic. With the way things are going right now, we are on track for a lock. 

I mean, if I was a new player seeing this controversy, i wouldn't want to play the game. Not when i could be banned for telling a joke.

The topic of this thread is not about if certain words should be filtered or arguing about that topic, that has been discussed and addressed previously. If you feel you have been unfairly banned then contact support.

Please get back on topic

Edited by Cleesus

1 minute ago, Cleesus said:

The topic of this thread is not about if certain words should be filtered or arguing about that topic, that has been discussed and addressed previously. If you feel you have been unfairly banned then contact support.

Please get back on topic

Thanks, Cleesus. We needed that.

Please get back on topic

I didn't really want to argue about which word are banned. Like I've said above; what I want is a clear explanation and a proper moderation, i.e; a proper warning notice before you give a severe ban. Maybe 30 minutes to several hour ban for the first offense.

4 minutes ago, Sitchrea said:

I mean, if I was a new player seeing this controversy, i wouldn't want to play the game. Not when i could be banned for telling a joke.

That has nothing to do with what Lord Taco said. And, it's not going to change.

What needs to change is really how DE deals with the community when it comes to punishing players. The issue is the system - the moderators who abuse their authority and the hidden ruleset which ensures that players will inevitably say something that gets them banned. If we have fair moderation, without spiteful, hateful moderators who abuse the system and demean players, and if players know what DE considers demeaning, then guess what? We have a better chat moderation system and players are well-informed and have no excuse if they end up breaking the rules. And the offensiveness of a word or phrase is irrelevant to those factors.

Please get back on topic

Thanks a lot for no permalock. It seems the derail was sourced from a thread about the bot being merged here. I hope it doesn’t happen again, because what that thread was about and what this one is covering are two completely different issues.

2 minutes ago, Crucafix said:

But for me to get a severe ban without giving a proper explanation first?? Come on. 

This is were some of the tweaking i referred to could be added.  Like letting you know in the chat why you were banned.  That and double checking the trigger words used to ban.  

But this very thing happened to me in Twitch chat.  It was because a friend of mine added a trigger word (Name of a youtuber they didnt like) to their chat stream.  So Warframe isn't the only thing that has this.  

Just now, LazerSkink said:

Thanks a lot for no permalock. It seems the derail was sourced from a thread about the bot being merged here. I hope it doesn’t happen again, because what that thread was about and what this one is covering are two completely different issues.

We really need a big sign here that says "This is about chat mods, literally nothing else".

1 minute ago, LazerSkink said:

Yea we fixed that error

I mean, I don't want to say that because then DE are hypocrites. I don't want to believe that so I'll say DE just don't realize what they're doing with this controversy.

I hate to break it to you but DE is a multimillion dollar company. They either condone such views about what can only be assumed 70%+ of their player base or they are oblivious of their own employees (in this case volunteers) views and behavior with makes one believing they are borderline incompetent not that far fetched

3 minutes ago, A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n said:

That has nothing to do with what Lord Taco said. And, it's not going to change.

What needs to change is really how DE deals with the community when it comes to punishing players. The issue is the system - the moderators who abuse their authority and the hidden ruleset which ensures that players will inevitably say something that gets them banned. If we have fair moderation, without spiteful, hateful moderators who abuse the system and demean players, and if players know what DE considers demeaning, then guess what? We have a better chat moderation system and players are well-informed and have no excuse if they end up breaking the rules. And the offensiveness of a word or phrase is irrelevant to those factors.

Agreed. There needs to be rational decision making among the chat mods and DE, raw emotion should never be involved when regarding moderating.

1 minute ago, LazerSkink said:

Agreed. There needs to be rational decision making among the chat mods and DE, raw emotion should never be involved when regarding moderating.

Exactly! As I've been saying, at the very least chat mods and guides need to be retrained by someone. I feel it is a necessity that they are held to a higher standard. I've referenced this many times, but a "PR voice" could solve a lot of this, since the main problem is, well, emotion. Emotional ties cloud judgement, especially when that feeling is anger/contempt. The mods on the forums are a great example of how things should be handled. No anger, no happiness, just bam, rules.