Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

This is a serious problem.

CrunchyCloud

2 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

Then read the forums.  Read the Twitter feeds, Watch the Devstreams, Primetime, and other streams.  Read the ToS.  

Educate yourself with hard facts and examples, then present them in an organized manner.  

What you put in the opening post was basically a bunch of disorganized garbage and hearsay.  A rant.  

Yeah i agree it's disorganized, but it's not hearsay.

39 minutes ago, CrunchyCloud said:

I won't tolerate these people's behavior and i won't tolerate your ongoing silence on this topic.

So, what do you propose to do?

You know what's gonna happen right? This thead will get deleted and then what?

Also, Reb already posted that they are looking into it. And that is it. You know that we get to talk and whine and suggest stuff related to the GAME. It is none of your or my business to dictate who they take, who they drop, or what they do with their business or staff.

1 minute ago, rune_me said:

That's unacceptable to you. But since you have absolutely no say in the matter, that means absolutely nothing.

Yep. He's right. DE is going to run this weird, totalitarian moderation system that benefits only those who think similarly to them.

Just now, CrunchyCloud said:

You mean to tell me that their behavior is acceptable to you?

Doesn't matter one bit if it's acceptable to me either. Only DE has any say whatsoever in who they hire as moderators. You have a problem with them, report them. That's the extent of your "influence" in any of this.

1 minute ago, VadiseReikaz said:

Also, Reb already posted that they are looking into it. And that is it. You know that we get to talk and whine and suggest stuff related to the GAME. It is none of your or my business to dictate who they take, who they drop, or what they do with their business or staff.

It was pretty obviously just PR S#&$. It's been weeks and we haven't heard anything. I've given up hope on DE doing anything even close to a compromise that benefits the entire community.

8 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

Then read the forums.  Read the Twitter feeds, Watch the Devstreams, Primetime, and other streams.  Read the ToS.  

Educate yourself with hard facts and examples, then present them in an organized manner.  

What you put in the opening post was basically a bunch of disorganized garbage and hearsay.  A rant.  

Can agree on the disorganized. I mean i'm having to make a rundown of this thread which started off vague.

But hearsay requires word with no evidence. There is a lot of evidence in the video with sources.

Edited by Vilemyre

Just now, VadiseReikaz said:

So, what do you propose to do?

You know what's gonna happen right? This thead will get deleted and then what?

Well i just wanted to make my point, as i'm really frustrated from this nonsense.

Reb's response didn't really address most of the point in the video though because "looking into it" is what they say every time there's an inconvenient controversy.

1 minute ago, rune_me said:

Doesn't matter one bit if it's acceptable to me either. Only DE has any say whatsoever in who they hire as moderators. You have a problem with them, report them. That's the extent of your "influence" in any of this.

I know i don't have any decision making power, i'm not deluded. I just wanted to make my voice heard.

Just now, CrunchyCloud said:

I know i don't have any decision making power, i'm not deluded. I just wanted to make my voice heard.

Tons of members of the community provided concise, to the point, constructive feedback and criticisms and those threads were locked because one person came in and said "You don't get to decide what's hurtful, we do" and started calling everyone names, yet afaik got no sort of warning, just our very constructive thread locked. DE's just waiting for it to blow over collecting data for a long time.

Just now, Pent_ said:

It was pretty obviously just PR S#&$. It's been weeks and we haven't heard anything. I've given up hope on DE doing anything even close to a compromise that benefits the entire community.

You dont benefit the entire community. That is impossible. You become lax on moderation regarding certain words and you get the SJWs in the community whinning about it. You restrict said words and you get the self entitled people in the community saying they are being censored or god knows what. Nobody wins.

And this is not a democracy. Nobody here gets to choose what DE does. We may like it or hate it, but that's the extent of it. People can understand it, adapt, or not, and be bitter. Ultimately some things are not going to change.

This is more than chat censorship. This is horrible leadership.

DE needs to hold themselves accountable. They appointed these leaders, and this will bite them eventually. If just one major gaming news outlet writes an article on this, Warframe is over.

You dont benefit the entire community. That is impossible. You become lax on moderation regarding certain words and you get the SJWs in the community whinning about it. You restrict said words and you get the self entitled people in the community saying they are being censored or god knows what. Nobody wins.

And this is not a democracy. Nobody here gets to choose what DE does. We may like it or hate it, but that's the extent of it. People can understand it, adapt, or not, and be bitter. Ultimately some things are not going to change.

Or you could make the filter custom to each player, meaning everyone gets to filter out what they don't like. The solutions aren't black and white, and there are proposed solutions that can benefit everyone. People just don't like it because it's not exactly what they want, and we live in a world where if something isn't exactly how you think it should be, it's bad and your enemy for some reason.

Honestly, I think some people just need to grow up, but DE has handled this poorly, and people have a right to be miffed, especially when so many people are really trying to work towards a compromise.

That's a poor argument to make. DE's #1 job is to make the players happy with their game. If they want to run it with a "it's have fun our way, or the highway" attitude, they have no business running a game in the first place.

Just now, TotallyLagging said:

is this truly what the community has devolved into

stupid pointless drama and stupid hour long videos discussing stupid pointless drama 

#*!%'s sake, i'm out.

No one asked you to be here, but nice meta complaint. You know you can just ignore S#&$ if you think it has no affect on you, right?

1 minute ago, Pent_ said:

Or you could make the filter custom to each player, meaning everyone gets to filter out what they don't like. The solutions aren't black and white, and there are proposed solutions that can benefit everyone. People just don't like it because it's not exactly what they want, and we live in a world where if something isn't exactly how you think it should be, it's bad and your enemy for some reason.

Honestly, I think some people just need to grow up, but DE has handled this poorly, and people have a right to be miffed, especially when so many people are really trying to work towards a compromise.

And the compromise is "Give everyone what they want"? I am sorry, but there is no moderation in that. By that logic you may as well remove moderation entirely. And if someone on the forums decides to make a thread specifically insulting somebody, and that somebody reports the offender, then it would be fine if the respose was "Oh, you can just click ignore and it will go away".

3 minutes ago, Sitchrea said:

This is more than chat censorship. This is horrible leadership.

DE needs to hold themselves accountable. They appointed these leaders, and this will bite them eventually. If just one major gaming news outlet writes an article on this, Warframe is over.

Nah. All online games has pretty strict chat censorship. Warframe's is no more or less severe than all the others. That's the norm. It will come as no surprise to anyone who isn't acting all entitled and think they should get to make the rules that everyone else has to follow.

2 minutes ago, CrunchyCloud said:

That's a poor argument to make. DE's #1 job is to make the players happy with their game. If they want to run it with a "it's have fun our way, or the highway" attitude, they have no business running a game in the first place.

DE's 1 job is to make money. Dont be mistaken.

8 minutes ago, CrunchyCloud said:

Well i just wanted to make my point, as i'm really frustrated from this nonsense.

Reb's response didn't really address most of the point in the video though because "looking into it" is what they say every time there's an inconvenient controversy.

What about this is actually frustrating you? Are you trying to do something that this is preventing you from doing? Should you be doing that thing?