Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mini Warframes

AJ5511

17 hours ago, BETAOPTICS said:

Why? How? In what way would that fit within the universe? Suspension of disbelief.

Well it would be more useful to have the frames abilites on your side when running solo, as they would be more useful than pets. Also, support frames can live up to their names. Just a suggestion, its nothing serious

2 minutes ago, AJ5511 said:

How?

11 hours ago, OoKeNnEtHoO said:

I wouldn't mind a chibi frame as a pet or even a frame.

Considering the lore, they can appear in any form.

I am assuming this answers the 'how' part of your question.

7 minutes ago, AJ5511 said:

I am assuming this answers the 'how' part of your question.

It doesn't. Chibi is something from anime, which is another form of fantasy in literature but that's about as close of a link as it has. And that is a literary device for specific artistic style, it is not a component of design. What I am asking what would even allow such conditions lore wise, how would they function? 

1 hour ago, BETAOPTICS said:

It doesn't. Chibi is something from anime, which is another form of fantasy in literature but that's about as close of a link as it has. And that is a literary device for specific artistic style, it is not a component of design. What I am asking what would even allow such conditions lore wise, how would they function? 

It does answer "how?" because in The War Within, we get to

Spoiler

control the Orokin Maw which is not humanoid which means the controlled "Warframe" or whatever being does not have to be humanoid or the same shape as what we have so far.

I believe the question you wanna ask is how chibi fits with the aesthetics of Warframe and well, aesthetics is a subjective thing.

Truth is we already do have chibi stuff in the game.

Noggles!

But a shorter and smaller size frame (doesn't have to be cute) looking like a dwarf or even non-humanoid shape would still fit lore-wise.

44 minutes ago, OoKeNnEtHoO said:

It does answer "how?" because in The War Within, we get to

Hide contents

control the Orokin Maw which is not humanoid which means the controlled "Warframe" or whatever being does not have to be humanoid or the same shape as what we have so far.

I believe the question you wanna ask is how chibi fits with the aesthetics of Warframe and well, aesthetics is a subjective thing.

Truth is we already do have chibi stuff in the game.

Noggles!

But a shorter and smaller size frame (doesn't have to be cute) looking like a dwarf or even non-humanoid shape would still fit lore-wise.

From what I am observing, it does seem like the questions I ask are not understood accordingly. Suspension of Disbelief (J.R. Tolkien) is a literary device which says that in order for a fictional world to be believable, the rules of the universe must be consistent within itself. Be it Lord of the Rings, Star Trek, Warframe or whatever, the rules of the world must be consistent within its own physics for it to be believable.While it is true that Tenno can operate the Golden Maw, this is explained within the game itself and the Golden Maw is functionally similar to Warframes, being a machine made in a specific way and is large enough to allow subsuming the machine under Tenno control. While we do not understand the full context of this function, it is not sufficient by implying a premise that is doesn't work as an analogy simply because something is preferred by a player. For example: In another thread a player was suggesting a pet dragon. Right. But how would it fit within the Warframe universe? Just it being popular by a demographic is not sufficient, it needs to be consistent with Warframes Suspension of Disbelief.

I predicted you'd come about suggesting noggles, but noggles are not organic, living, sentient agents, and it is explained they are decorations and refer to our modern noggles, a tradition in Warframes universe from our time (just like a poster is not a pet). After all, Warframe is thousands of years into the proposed futuristic fantasy of what we " will become " as the universe itself.

So let me rephrase the question: Can you come up with a believable way how it would all work within the Warframe universes physics without it vastly violating the Suspension of Disbelief? How would they come about? For what reason? What is their purpose? So on so forth.

29 minutes ago, BETAOPTICS said:

For example: In another thread a player was suggesting a pet dragon. Right. But how would it fit within the Warframe universe? 

On Chroma's back?

Edited by NullSaint

Can you come up with a believable way how it would all work within the Warframe universes physics without it vastly violating the Suspension of Disbelief? How would they come about? For what reason? What is their purpose? So on so forth.

Since make the Warframes ingame, it would totally be possible to make them smaller (by using scaled down parts). So from an engineering point of view, you would just be making a working scale model. This will not violate any of the physics you mention. Also, their purpose is quite clear, the are simply a better version of pets. And I have seen several games where you can have the bosses you killed as scaled down pets, so doing this with frames will not be as crazy as you make it sound. And the purpose will be what Warframe has always been doing: bringing in something new and fresh to the game.

the rules of the world must be consistent within its own physics for it to be believable

Also, having things like the razorback Trinity basically means the physics of Warframe allow for small scale frames.

2 hours ago, BETAOPTICS said:

So let me rephrase the question: Can you come up with a believable way how it would all work within the Warframe universes physics without it vastly violating the Suspension of Disbelief? How would they come about? For what reason? What is their purpose? So on so forth.

Ok, since we are going to talk about it in this manner, then it can be something as simple as providing a smaller target size to the enemies.

Small targets are harder to hit and harder to spot.

Same reasoning as to why soldiers would prone and leopard crawl in combat situations.

Same reasoning as to why fictional characters like Ant-man and other size-shifting characters can be written to use his powers for espionage.

As such, a dwarf-size or even miniature size Warframe could potentially be made for spying and/or simply being a smaller target to hit.

As we already know from The War Within and even via normal gameplay,

Spoiler

Warframes/controllable entities via transference have no need for them to compulsorily be humanoid or in any other shape/form as what we have seen with the Golden Maw or the Silver Grove.

That said, our

Spoiler

operators are children of much shorter stature to the Warframes

and as such, a Warframe of similar stature would possibly allow easier adaptation to the build of body perhaps as a prototype or even simply just a design philosophy to build something closely shaped to its wearer.

As this is lore we are talking about, there are hundred and more ways they can write the logic in.

Even noggles or any item in the game can be written in with lore if they wanted to.

So, there is no need to be over-fixated to the lore as we know it now because there really isn't a lot of info/rules on the lore as we know it with regard to what Warframes are and how they are designed.

This might change after the Sacrifice but as we stand now, there is no real lore on what Warframes are and how they can/cannot be designed.

Edited by OoKeNnEtHoO