Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Forced by players to stay

Necrilem

Question

Hey everyone.

I am currently stuck in a survival voidfissure after 4 rotations because the other 3 team up on me, call me toxic because i want to leave and force me to stay because there were rare drops. I think there has to be a way to leave without losing rewards. This is some seriously compromising behaviour in my opinion. I dont want to leave because there were good drops in the 4 rotas they now we are reaching 35minutes without me having any relics to go with, plainly ignoring me and calling me toxic because i want to leave. Something i can do? I think its ridiculous that there is nothing i can do in a situation like this. They should have negative consequences for such behaviour and I should be able to leave without losing all my rewards. I love the community but stuff like this really makes me stop wanting to play for a bit. What do you guys think?

1 minute ago, Blade_Wolf_16 said:

Simple:

If you're done and they want to stay, get downed and tell them not to revive you. If you're downed, you won't have to play (fixes your problem a bit) and you won't (iirc) get the rewards earned after your death (which is fair for them since you're not contributing). 

That's a really interesting thought. I'm going to have to test that out.

I feel you, currently forced to stay in a survival for 60+ minutes now, since my revives are spent since min 35..

Asked for extraction etc.

No avail, no response exept snarky comments etc.

well, first time something like this happened & i don't wanna loose all the relics etc.

1 hour ago, NinjaKitsune56 said:

In turn, the players trying to bully them into staying are being equally unsportsmanlike and toxic for not being even remotely considerate about their decision to want to leave.
Trust me, the whole thing is one big round and round and we could go at it until DE locks this topic down, but in the end, the blame can be put on either side of the coin in equal measure.

As I said, bullying and insulting are not cool either way, but you can't force players to leave when the majority feel the desire to stay. Let us get this clear, outside the stated insulting that Necrilem stated happened, the other players deciding not to leave - as staying for the mission is the point and it is public - there is nothing wrong here. If it was desired to stay less than normal, or go longer than normal it should be cleared up beforehand or communicating and reaching consensus is the bare minimum that a public random player should expect. In this case, one player wanted to leave and the others, who sought to get whatever out of staying longer - probably the temp booster bonuses for going longer considering Necrilem said it was a void fissure survival; and agreed to stay for a reasonable time for them.

Now, if we had more information - which is not really our business honestly - we could decide if there was bullying or if unsportsmanlike behavior outside what is described occurred, but from what we have been told; there were unreasonable expectations within a public game of three players who agreed on going longer, being told they needed to leave earlier due to one player wanting out. Now, if this was the old void, it was an invite only anyway, and you could make such group rules beforehand - fissures and relics are not - and if someone needs special consideration over the majority, it stands to reason that be taken care of before the match, or leave the match and lose your rewards if its a must. That is the cost of public matches and the expectations of them. This could be fixed in the future by giving personal extraction. In this case, if players are being unsportsmanlike which in this case we only have examples from the post, then you should leave the match. Support allows such reporting which Necrliem has already said they did. That is up to support however and not us.

30 minutes ago, Urlan said:
2 hours ago, NinjaKitsune56 said:

As I said, bullying and insulting are not cool either way, but you can't force players to leave when the majority feel the desire to stay.

In the same tune, you can't force someone to stay when they want to extract. And them leaving at cost of their rewards (and the relics expended thus far,) is not, to me, a valid option.

22 minutes ago, NinjaKitsune56 said:

In the same tune, you can't force someone to stay when they want to extract. And them leaving at cost of their rewards (and the relics expended thus far,) is not, to me, a valid option.

The current state of affairs is democracy at its finest, and it goes either way. And I was on both sides of the stick, and of course it was something I signed so to speak, when I accepted playing in a PuG. 🙂

5 hours ago, NinjaKitsune56 said:

When there is a separate extraction option, I would agree; until then it only stands to reason that if the vote goes to stay one stays. Now the ideal resolution to this would be to talk together before the match and agree on the match length; but until then, its democracy in s public random match.

8 hours ago, -QUILL_PETER- said:

What 'behavior'? What terrible, inappropriate thing did they do by running an endless mission for an extended period of time. It's an endless mission. OP knew that when they joined the group and should have known that staying for that long was a real possibility. If they only wanted to do a quick 4 rounds, they should've Hosted or joined a group with the same goal instead of jumping into a PUG and then trying to force their wishes on the rest of the team.
OP says they were being toxic, but I'm starting to think OP may just be a dainty snowflake that can't handle the fact that other peoples' wishes are just as valid and important as their own, and that anyone who dares assert their own equally valid desires is deemed 'toxic'.
Please stop enabling snowflakery. 

It stands to reason that people wanting longer missions should be the ones hitting the recruiting channel, because thats less common. Standard survival is 20 minutes, or 25 for fissure missions. Most people wont even stay for 40 minutes on low level survival. The simple answer is to add single person extraction, but quite frankly, forcing someone to stay is much worse than forcing someone to leave, because the time lost is in favor of those who want to stay. You'll already have 3 likeminded people who wanna do a long run and its very easy to get a 4th from recruiting, so you're looking at like, 2 minutes to reset and go again with likeminded people who are prepared to go for the long haul. The guy who's in it for 20-25 minutes and is forced to stay for an hour loses 35-40 minutes of time because they want something to show for the time they're forced to spend there.

hace 8 horas, NinjaKitsune56 dijo:

THEY ARE NOT FORCED ANYONE , the game does ... and you play the game so , adapt of quit . That simple , stop trying to put the fault in other players .

hace 41 minutos, (PS4)Tromboy97 dijo:

It stands to reason that people wanting longer missions should be the ones hitting the recruiting channel

No , the one that has something to lose (and then going to cry in the forum for that) need to have "precautions" so he doesnt "lose" time . The other 3 dont need it because they dont care , if they can stay longer better if not bad luck .... the players that have special needs are the ones that should arm a group with rules/objetives . I fail to see how is so hard to understand if you dont care what other player are going to do , then go pugs ..... If you want a specific players behavior , go recruitment .

10 hours ago, Yagamilight123 said:

No , the one that has something to lose (and then going to cry in the forum for that) need to have "precautions" so he doesnt "lose" time . The other 3 dont need it because they dont care , if they can stay longer better if not bad luck .... the players that have special needs are the ones that should arm a group with rules/objetives . I fail to see how is so hard to understand if you dont care what other player are going to do , then go pugs ..... If you want a specific players behavior , go recruitment .

What you are suggesting isn't time efficient.  What I mean is that a player who only wants a 10-20 minute mission would be spending more time than that to try to recruit a group.  Where as the ones wanting a longer mission would not spend more time recruiting than they would in mission.  

Basically, It's far faster overall time wise for the 10-20 minute player to just random pug than recruit.  While it's more advantageous for the longer mission people to recruit first.  

That's just a good time management perspective I'm giving.  😁 

11 hours ago, Yagamilight123 said:

THEY ARE NOT FORCED ANYONE , the game does ... and you play the game so , adapt of quit . That simple , stop trying to put the fault in other players .

Uh huh... yet when someone wants to leave at the 20 minute mark, and everyone else wants to stay for the long term and the only alternative is for the odd one out to lose their relics, rewards and any progress made (be it weapon or Focus), then yes, they ARE being forced.