Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Divide the current Architect role to two different roles

Wyrmius_Prime

Currently the architect role allows players to decorate, build and destroy rooms. I would like to see decorating separated to its own role, and keep the building and destroying rooms as its own role. Building rooms and destroying them is such a #*!%ing waste of time because of the ridiculous waiting, so I really don't trust some people with that even if I would trust them with decorations.

Edited by Wyrmius_Prime

I'd like it if building, decorating, and destroying were split into toggle-able things like how you can enable/disable 'can promote' or 'can kick' on roles.

The decorating should also be split into building / destroying categories.

DE should do this so people can actually talk among themselves and decorate rooms at their own pleasure.

18 minutes ago, Koldraxon-732 said:

The decorating should also be split into building / destroying categories.

This would be good. I want to allow some people to place decorations without removing mine. It should allow them to remove their own decorations though.

50 minutes ago, AdunSaveMe said:

This would be good. I want to allow some people to place decorations without removing mine. It should allow them to remove their own decorations though.

Self-handled decorations within Clan Dojos (i.e: make-your-own-room) would be a great feature.

18 minutes ago, Koldraxon-732 said:

Self-handled decorations within Clan Dojos (i.e: make-your-own-room) would be a great feature.

Indeed. But we don't want to overload the menu, of course. So this, plus the distinction between building and destroying, plus rooms and decorations. I suppose three additions to the role permissions list? Without reworking that part of the UI, anyway. I don't know what it'd take.

So, replacing architect:
-Can create/destroy rooms
-Can create/destroy decorations
-Self-built only

I think this would just about cover most of it. Maybe make sure they can't destroy rooms with other people's decorations, too.

3 hours ago, AdunSaveMe said:

I think this would just about cover most of it. Maybe make sure they can't destroy rooms with other people's decorations, too.

Another condition linked to the self-built should be 'can't destroy rooms not built by self' if room creation/destruction is enabled.

Yeah thats what im worried about as a Solo clan.   I'd love to be able to allow members to decorate stuff, just so they get to play with the controls and stuff.  But there is no way in hell im letting randoms tear down my rooms or even my decorations(that I dont have lol).   

So yes I totally agree with most of the people in this thread. (I wanted this as soon as I got my Dojo and read through the permission descriptions.)

-Seperate decorations from dojo room build/destroy

-Can only place/destroy your own crap (Accept anyone cleared for Dojo layout should also be allowed to nuke other peoples decorations, so you dont end up with crap in your dojo you cant ever get rid of)

Build/Destroy only dojo rooms only you create is completely unecessary I think.  You either trust the people at that level or you dont.   

12 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Beasts of the Sanctuary: Hotfix 22.20.8

Dojo Additions:
We've added some much-requested items to Clan & Dojo management to make decorating and contributing much easier!

• A new ‘DECORATOR’ Role has been added to Dojo hierarchies! This role will allow the player to place/remove Decorations and change room colors/lighting, but without the ability the destroy/build rooms.
  • Added a ‘Contribute All’ button for Dojo room/Decoration Resource contributions, and Dojo Research contribution.
  • Added a ‘Reset’ button to the Obstacle Course to clear all Decorations.

<snip>

Already added today.

Edited by NeithanDiniem

well there should be destroy separated or better

"if you haven't build  it than you can't destroy it",

really hate the idea that i have spent 12+ hours building giant robots and some A-hole comes and destroys it