Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

dojo lighting prior to update 22.20.6

no the whole lighting system is changed and yes its not good at all

the light boundries are sort so inside the dojo room there a lot of places that has no light at all and no way to light them and the shadows are the biggest issue that darkening everything

they really should bring that old lightning back this one is very bad,sorry i know someone spent time trying to make it but before it looked 1000% better and didn't need change at all, i would say reverse it please and focus on the obstacle course (original) putting void all around not obstacle area so we can get rid off the dumb cheaters with 0.01 times

The system itself is neat but the issues that came with it are not.
I like to be able to control the color of the light , color of the fog and even the accents...but I don't like the skyrocket in brightness nor the fact some of the lights in my dojos changed color on their own....and even some pieces of furniture became of different colors ( my banners all turned stalker red and even some of the bushes....it looks awful...).

This sounds like the post I was just about to make...after the 22.20.6 update my dojo has become somewhat garish to say the least. Where I had (I thought) restrained combinations of pastel shades now looks like it's been recoloured with a saturated palette. The maple trees especially look almost on fire.

I assume nobody has found a way to tone down the colours? I may need to experiment with the lights I suppose....

My graphics are set on low, so I don't know how it works 100%, but on my end lighting doesn't consider decorations. I turned on volumetric lighting and dynamic shadows but it didn't help. Does it work on higher graphics settings and I'm at fault, or does new lighting system just put a pretty tint on every room without any consideration towards objects? It's kind of weird to have rooms inside of buildings to be bright as if they don't have any walls or ceiling. Having darker lighting colors kind of fixes it, but it also adds same saturated colors to decorations, so it's even worse in some ways.

The only way I could somewhat manage to save my dojo and everything in it was to farm enough dargyn pilots for the wisp grey pigment and setting that as accent. It works to some degree but doesn't completely solve this, I think the problem is the white light, making it wisp grey helped a lot, but not 100%. Farming dargyn pilots, sheesh thats how desperate I was to save my dojo lighting.