Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dear DE, what do you want from Limbo?

ReinAxefury

Lets be real here, i enjoy Limbo. I like the Rift mechanic, stasis can useful, but at the same time both mechanics are so disruptive that some people have gone to the extend of hating the frame, also, you know something isn't right when you have a frame than can CC for extremly long periods of time a big part of the map and take away more than half of the arsenal for some people, this has been told several times and it's not the only point of this thread.

On what im interested is to know is what you guys at DE want from Limbo? Whats his role? And to what extent are you guys ok with doing changes to him? From what happened with cataclysm some time ago i understand being a nuker isn't his thing. And if the CC is what he is meant to do, i have this great idea for a rework that would fill that role and make him into some "CC Energy Management" frame, but that would require allowing people to shoot from inside the rift to the outside (at the cost of energy) and getting it back when enemies die and change stasis into some CC that only affects enemies (and not allies) inside the rift, also the community has given tons of ideas for reworks to make Limbo better, but what's the point on doing that if this ideas go around things you don't want to do? For example, is allowing allies and yourself to shoot enemies outside the rift as taboo as univac? what can't we suggest?

At the end, i don't care what you guys do with Limbo as long as it makes it fun to play around him. I'm just someone that enjoy playing with all frames, and i don't want people leaving a mission just because they recently played with someone else that wanted to ruin their fun/or had fun at the cost of everyone else on a mission, that should never be the case.

I think he is meant to be a Solo frame. I hope they don't change that as he in my opinion is one of the more fun frames to play with. Not every frame needs to be a team player. Us Solo players need love, too.

3 minutes ago, Xylyssa said:

I think he is meant to be a Solo frame. I hope they don't change that as he in my opinion is one of the more fun frames to play with. Not every frame needs to be a team player. Us Solo players need love, too.

And why not both? Why a frame needs to be good on solo and not on a team? The thing is he could be good on solo and still not be a problem for Public teams.

4 minutes ago, -.SP.-G43riel said:

i just wished that the Banish Skill went back to be a single target instead of an area skill.

i miss staying in the limbo, using banish in my target from afar and then sniping an enemy... good times

I've seen people give feedback about this on the past, Banish could be single Target and Charged to be AoE, i would like this to be the case.

Those are interesting ideas. Based on that I actually think they may be a good combined solution for him that could balance out. Using the energy cost+refund mechanic for Stasis could justify why your guns aren't frozen when the enemies' are and enemies burst giving a small amount of energy to frames in the rift within radius.

11 hours ago, ReinAxefury said:

I've seen people give feedback about this on the past, Banish could be single Target and Charged to be AoE, i would like this to be the case.

And definitely this. I miss the single target days, but I'd be fine with AoE if it were circular and not conal. It's just too uncontrollable as a cone.

I just want 2 changes: 

First let teammates attack enemies regardless of rift planes as long as Limbo is in the rift.

Second stasis should be an intelligent skill. By this i mean it should show where the fired bullets go and how much damage they deal on a target by changing their health line with limbos energy color. Once a targets health becomes zero the shots hit him instantly without travel time and eject him from stasis.