Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

All DE department heads need to watch this video. lol

holyicon

3 minutes ago, HiroHideki said:

hi, i just commented to interrupt the intelligence occurring here by exclaiming that this is possibly the most educated/educating forum topic on the forums so far!maxresdefault.jpg 

"Help me! My head's about to explode! OMG too late!" <squash>

2 hours ago, Buff00n said:

If this is supposed to be some statement about RNG and drop tables then you have the wrong video:

Reveal hidden contents

Nope!
Read below for more.

1 hour ago, mac10smg-ToaOfGreen said:

Funny that you think DE would pay attention to this obvious attempt at thinking you're more clever then them.

No, really, it's funny. I'm chuckling to myself right now.

Why do you think I think that?

The info in the video has some great explanations for DE to use to better explain their positions and decisions to users.

Accessible information strategies is the key to community amity.

Seriously, the target of your insult isn't me. Just the person you've assumed I am. And I really wonder why that is.

20 minutes ago, holyicon said:

The info in the video has some great explanations for DE to use to better explain their positions and decisions to users.

Maybe it would have been helpful to say that?  You can't post a clickbait headline and a video with no context to The Fan Zone section and assume people will get that you want to have a serious discussion about... something.  

It's still not clear exactly what you're getting at with this video; unless you're concerned DE is mixing up population and sample distributions when collecting stats on, say, on the most used warframes.  I'm having a hard time seeing a relevant problem you're trying to address.

20 minutes ago, Buff00n said:

Maybe it would have been helpful to say that?  You can't post a clickbait headline and a video with no context to The Fan Zone section and assume people will get that you want to have a serious discussion about... something.  

It's still not clear exactly what you're getting at with this video; unless you're concerned DE is mixing up population and sample distributions when collecting stats on, say, on the most used warframes.  I'm having a hard time seeing a relevant problem you're trying to address.

You're right, I misread the room.

Perhaps, "Hey this is a great video for all looter based game players to watch and would be awesome if DE took the time to explain their statistics modeling methodology to the users using parallels from this video, so that we could clear up a lot of misunderstanding, erroneous conjecture and frankly ill-will in the community." would have been a more apt title.

But...

...yeah.

Putting all that out there as a concept, and expecting the players to properly contextualize the information they were being given.

My bad.