Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Seriously, can Syndicate buddies not spawn for Riven no alarm missions?

Mak_Gohae

These dudes now can spawn not at the start and they come in fighting which can cause an alarm trip.

These dude can spawn off tile and you cant tell them to not move and when you go far enough they will pop next to you when you get far enough and trips the alarm cause you didnt notice.

Even when you tell them to stay in one area they will get in a firefight if an enemy walks by setting off the alarm.

jacNvSC.png

JjTOLCI.png

Put a box next to the mission that lets you pick i you want to spawn with the dudes or not.

The challenge for this missions now is not you sneaking around but you trying to manage these idiots. And im not saying it happens all the time but when it does happen your whole challenge gets reset back to zero which kills all the previous work.

5 hours ago, giglyfoot said:

If you kill all mobs, there won't be any to set off alarms. Consider using a DPS frame.

The standard solution in warframe, kill everything. 

Good idea but that doesn't solve the mechanical issue that's there. 

3 hours ago, rapt0rman said:

I wouldn't say no for the option for disable them. But I'd suggest just not attempting a "no alarms riven" on a syndicate mission.

There's a general no alarms riven?

I guess I should've elaborated, it's the pick up X medallions with no alarms going off.

Hmm, my simple solution would be to have them be stationary at spawn and only attack enemies engaged by the Warframe, I believe similar to the Shade Precept. If my understanding is intact, this behavior would prevent issues.

Then we can make the choice to have them Follow the Player and be active fighters, where they join Clem to cause a ruckus.

18 hours ago, Mak_Gohae said:

The standard solution in warframe, kill everything. 

Good idea but that doesn't solve the mechanical issue that's there. 

Enemies can only activate alarms if they'e alive. 

Therefor, the only issue arisen is the fact that you didn't kill mobs which were alerted.

The basis of the issue is 'user error'; nothing more.

Edited by giglyfoot

53 minutes ago, giglyfoot said:

Enemies can only activate alarms if they'e alive. 

Therefor, the only issue arisen is the fact that you didn't kill mobs which were alerted.

The basis of the issue is 'user error'; nothing more.

As the title states the issue is about your backup not the alarms going off, that's fine. And even if you remove the alarm issue, like i stated, you still have the problem of them drawing people into you, if they spawn later on, and spawning off map for the people that may want them from the start.

The spawning of the backup is messed up and needs to be fixed. The bad spawning is what causes the other issue.

12 hours ago, o.0- said:

Hmm, my simple solution would be to have them be stationary at spawn and only attack enemies engaged by the Warframe, I believe similar to the Shade Precept. If my understanding is intact, this behavior would prevent issues.

Then we can make the choice to have them Follow the Player and be active fighters, where they join Clem to cause a ruckus.

have them spawn hiding and not engaging and only following you if you activate them is a good solution.

I understand what OP means.  If you tell them to stay in the spawn room and you run ahead, the game can still spawn new enemies behind you where you just came from. This results in syndicates and fresh spawns fighting each other and one of them will run to the alarm even if you're far away.  This happens in non-exterminate missions.  If it's an Exterminate, you know everything you kill will remain dead and the game will only spawn enemies in front of you, never behind.

I lure them in a dead-end room and tell them to stay there.  So far this always worked.  Never let them stay in the spawn area, fresh-spawn enemies will find them there.

16 hours ago, MystMan said:

I understand what OP means.  If you tell them to stay in the spawn room and you run ahead, the game can still spawn new enemies behind you where you just came from. This results in syndicates and fresh spawns fighting each other and one of them will run to the alarm even if you're far away.  This happens in non-exterminate missions.  If it's an Exterminate, you know everything you kill will remain dead and the game will only spawn enemies in front of you, never behind.

I lure them in a dead-end room and tell them to stay there.  So far this always worked.  Never let them stay in the spawn area, fresh-spawn enemies will find them there.

This is how i found out about this. I usually do Exterminate missions but there werent any at the time and i wanted to open up the Riven so i went for some Sabotage and Capture missions.

These missions didnt have backup originally so this shouldn't be an issue. And i dont think having a switch for them being on/off would be that hard to add into the game.