Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please Make Nova's Antimatter Drop Unguided

BladeRambler

I like Nova a lot, I believe she's near perfect in her abilities, but one thing that annoys me to no end is how her Antimatter drop constantly follows my reticle after casting.

It is terribly slow moving, so I have to focus on one area the whole time to guide it exactly where I want, and I can't look anywhere else. I would very much prefer to have it fire in a straight-line at whatever my cursor was pointing at the time of casting, and just disable the constant course-correcting. For example, if I'm taking fire from all sides when I'm casting AMD, I can wheel around and fire, then return to the still-moving projectile to load it up with more damage before it detonates.

Thoughts? Anyone else really like the tracking ability of the projectile? I'll admit there are some niche uses to the feature, but I believe unguided would be far more useful, especially when firing multiple projectiles in different directions.

The speed it moves at, even when fully charged, makes it utterly worthless to use at anything other than point blank range, at any level where standing in front of enemies to get shot at is going to kill you before it reaches its target. [edit] The augment does almost nothing to mitigate this, because the bullet absorbing sphere around the orb will only protect you from damage from a small angle, and there are other sources of damage that you need to avoid besides bullets, that it does nothing to block.

Here's some alternatives:

• Long press 2 to swap between guided/unguided modes (fire, load up with damage, and forget).
  • Remove the ability to fire multiple orbs (with a good enough gun, you only ever need 1), and make a 2nd press launch an existing orb at speed towards the surface under your crosshairs.
  • Or better, (to avoid creating another orb when your second press happened after something ran into the first) press to create, hold to keep slow for charging, release to launch at speed.
Edited by polarity

That seems like a fundamental part of the ability, though. Fire it, block incoming fire from the enemies, put it in the middle of your bullets to charge it and then send it towards the things trying to kill you.

This might work as an Augment, with some other differentiation from the base ability.

I wish her teleport could be aimed like hydroids tentacle swarm, and possibly had more offensive capabilities....i dont play nova alot but apparently you can send the drop throught the worm hole?

Im also going to say something else unpopular, but i wish molecular prime didnt have such a wide range. It seems like it covers an entire map, and i feel like thats a bit much i have to be so far away to fight enemies not affected by mp, that i cant often reach downed teammates....that range is too far. Kind of just wish there was a reduced range, but with an aoe that would follow nova around. Because we all know molecular primed enemies will die, and the whole reason Nova constantly spams it is because she is so squishy... So it should just be there for you without multiple cast. Hold to charge should give more range maybe. And it doesnt make sense to even believe an ability like that could wear off, the antimatter should actually kill on contact, so there shouldnt be a duratio , but this is a video game...

"I like Nova a lot, I believe she's near perfect in her abilities, but one thing that annoys me to no end is how her Antimatter drop constantly follows my reticle after casting."

I FULLY AGREE with this.  I end up firing 2 now so at least the first one goes where I want.  the second one some times ends up where I want after pivoting around too.

Edited by sehafoc