The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Endura or Destreza for Titania?

Canach

Question

In Razorwing mode, Titania uses a melee weapon called Diwata, which has virtually no crit or status, and is mostly puncture damage. Diwata uses the mods from your equipped melee, with the normal exceptions.

I decided for a puncture melee it would be cool to give her a rapier, and I have two choices, the Endura (leveling now) or the Destreza (forging now).  Both rapiers are cosmetically appropriate to Titania when she is in big-girl mode.

• The Endura is a Status weapon and the Destreza is a Crit weapon, Both are MR 7
  • The Endura is slightly slower and does slightly more damage, or if you prefer, the Destreza is slightly faster but does slightly less damage.
  • Desteza has a Riven dispo of 4 vs Endura's dispo of 3.

Any thoughts on choosing between them? 

Edited by Canach

14 answers to this question

1 minute ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

Plauge Kripath is a better rapier than either.

Looking... 

EDIT:  Yeah, I havent started building Zaws yet, and a rapier for Titania will not be the first one.  Bear in mind the Diwata inherits NONE of the weapon characteristics.  Thanks for the post though.

I AM open to other weapon suggestions, but prefer any thoughts on these two rapiers.

Edited by Canach

I'd go with Endura and mod for status since Diwata has 5% Crit Chance and 10% Status Chance. So no point on taking Destreza and modding for crit.

Also aesthetically Endura looks awesome on Titania's hands :)

22 minutes ago, YandereWaifu said:

id recommend to wait for the next update since exalted weapons will be moddable soon

Yeah, well... what does anyone really know about exalted weapons?  Safe bet it will be something new, not something for Titania or Ivara - any good references on exalted weapons?

1 hour ago, Canach said:

Yeah, well... what does anyone really know about exalted weapons?  Safe bet it will be something new, not something for Titania or Ivara - any good references on exalted weapons?

The term "exalted weapon" refers to any ability which grants use of a weapon, with the exception of Landslide, Whipclaw, Shattered Lash, and maybe Iron Jab.

Things which are Exalted Weapons include: Peacemaker, Artemis Bow, Hysteria, Primal Fury, the Dex Pixia and the Diwata, and of course the OG Exalted Blade.

Having them separately mod-able would mean that you would no longer be pigeon-holed into taking regular weapons which use the same build (and generally perform largely the same) as said Exalted weapons.

Aside from EWs not being able to use Acolyte mods, that is. Currently if you want to get the most out of an EW, you have to replace those with something else, and that means using an objectively worse regular melee weapon since Body Count/Drifting Contract and Blood Rush/Weeping Wounds don't affect EWs.

Addendum: Currently, Condition Overload works on Exalted (melee) Weapons, so if you want to maximize the effectiveness of the Diwata, I'd build for that and status chance. The Diwata having low initial status chance doesn't even matter much since the Dex Pixia (which you should be building either hybrid crit/status or pure status chance) can get tons of procs off, and the Diwata's quick-melee is no different from its "stance" combo.

Edited by Dreddeth
Typographical error.

1 hour ago, Canach said:

Exalted weapons are all toggle abilities such as Excal's Exalted Blade ( obviously an Exalted weapon :d ) , Ivara's Artemis Bow , Mesa's Peacemakers and Titania's Dex Pixia & Diwata.

And soon they will be moddable seperately from our melees.

Appreciate the clarification, Dreddeth and Aeon94, I was thinking of something I saw in conjunction with Umber Excaliber where he had some weird cyborg gun covering his right hand... and had heard nothing sense about that - but I'm easily confused - I take that as a working parameter 😜

Yeah, so I think I follow everything so far now, and I agree conceptually. I don't think Diwata is going to be designed for combo count or slowly building buffs (although Condition Overload is a great suggestion). I will probably never run her in full melee on purpose - Dex Pixia is too much stronger than Diwata. Therefore, I plan to build for initial damage, not chase status - 10% just isn't worth chasing IMHO when it's a back-up weapon. I will want as much damage as I can get in 1-3 strikes and get back on my pistolas. Now that sounds like crit build, but Diwata's crit chance is even lower than its status chance - so IDK how I'm going to build it  -but choosing between the two rapiers in the original post may not really care about which one is status vs crit - not something I would normally say...

1 minute ago, xXDeadsinxX said:

Doesn’t matter what melee you choose, all exalted weapons only take the mods of the weapon, not the stats of the weapon. 

It matters that she's got a cool rapier that looks good and works for her in big-girl mode, using stats that work for Diwata mode.

Yeah, so maybe, which every one I can make look better...

1 minute ago, Canach said:

It matters that she's got a cool rapier that looks good and works for her in big-girl mode, using stats that work for Diwata mode.

Yeah, so maybe, which every one I can make look better...

That’s true, fashion frame is important. Fashion wise, I’d personally choose the Endura, don’t know why, but I find it more appealing to look at more than the Destreza.