The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

1 year ish returning player, asking for assistance

aleal3

So Hello Tennos of all over the world.

I played warframe since, i think open Beta. Im not a newb, im Mastery 17 iirc, i have some neat old stuff and an arcane helmet ot show off. But i stopped playing Warframe for more than a year for reasons (not relating to the game itself,tbh, i just didnt have the time) Now im installing the game again. And im sort of lost. 

Basically the last time i played was when Vauban Prime released (or was it Valkyr, i cant recall)

While i have been informed about some stuff about the game, i really im sort of lost on some stuff, maybe you can help out?

a) What's the "meta"? (You know what i mean, strong wf, weapons that i should get)
b) Any particularly good node for farming EXP?
c) What of the stuff i should play/farm/grind (meaning quests, i dont know i Heard you can deploy archwings everywhere or something, hows the open world map?... stuff like that)
d) Economy. Is it still viable to farm stuff and sell it for plats for self-sustainability?
e) Whatever it is i forgot and it's cool.

Hoping for your responses. Over and out

1 minute ago, aleal3 said:

c) What of the stuff i should play/farm/grind (meaning quests, i dont know i Heard you can deploy archwings everywhere or something, hows the open world map?... stuff like that)

Next Quest this week.

new meta: probably saryn. 

good nods for farming EXP: the elite onsalught. you will understand how it's the new hydron. 

new stuff to grind: not a lot. i mean yeah riven is OK, but what i suggest you to get is the harrow. 

economy: not changed so much, just the riven price is so #*!%ed up right now. 

BTW they moved arcane to POE, so good luck taking down 3 plain boss in one night. 

Simple list of main changes.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Oyt5SmmEdRBJodAKtZOTU-utOD0_bBlu3jmBqvMclJE/edit

How to start PoE

https://blastawaythegamereview.com/2017/11/13/heres-what-you-need-to-know-about-warframes-plains-of-eidolon/

Most of the year has been reworks and quality of life changes tell the patch later this week with Sacrifice. Like Beam weapons have been reworked, and tons of primary and secondary weapons changed.

You will want to go through other Workshop topics for current reworks.

Other future changes on the horizon is a Melee rework. Channeling being removed and changed, combo rework, damage balancing. Melee has already lost its ability to hit things through objects recently.

Edited by Firetempest

2 minutes ago, Firetempest said:

Simple list of main changes.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Oyt5SmmEdRBJodAKtZOTU-utOD0_bBlu3jmBqvMclJE/edit

How to start PoE

https://blastawaythegamereview.com/2017/11/13/heres-what-you-need-to-know-about-warframes-plains-of-eidolon/

Most of the year has been reworks and quality of life changes tell the patch later this week with Sacrifice.

A bit off-topic, but your current reputation number is very satisfying. 

7 minutes ago, (PS4)LeBlingKing69 said:

A bit off-topic, but your current reputation number is very satisfying. 

He is going to be banned.

Remember that if you named your Amp "111", it would be considered profanity?

No idea why, but 11111 has to be more offensive!

11 minutes ago, aleal3 said:

What is POE? Im a bit lost on that term.

It means Plains Of Eidolon, it's the name of the open area on earth. That's also the place you mentioned where archwings can be deployed if you researched the bp in your clan dojo.

Other than that, if you haven't done the main questline so far up to "Chains of Harrow", you'd better do it fast because the next big cinematic quest is this week. Also, once Chains of Harrow is finished, go in your new personnal quarters (You should have recieved the bp for that in your inbox) and interact with some orb of light near the window. Once that's done, roll with it and you'll be up to date.

Complete: Second Dream, War Within, Chains of Harrow (Red Veil Syndicate Quest, rewards Harrow blueprint), Octavia's Anthem (Cephalon Suda Syndicate Quest, rewards Octavia blueprint), Apostasy Prologue (prelude to Sacrifice; accessible from new lounge segment).

Everything else:

Spoiler

Plains of Eidolon:
Zaws: custom-built melees. Level all the 'strikes' or edges of the weapons after they have been gilded (made customizable).

Amps: custom-built arm-mounted Sentient-based weaponry for [SPOILER: Complete War Within].

Eidolon: the Sentient who fell in the Plains near Cetus, the last Town surviving in the Plains. It's remaining, disconnected fragments - Vomvalysts, and the towering Teralyst, roam. Teralysts are giant bipedal Sentient forms, impervious to all damage except Void. Complete War Within to unlock the means to harm it's shields. It, the bigger Gantulyst, and the even bigger Hydrolyst, drop Arcanes now, and Arcanes can be used on any Warframe in pairs or individually like mods, but two of the same can be slotted.

Set mods:
The Plains drops mods that, if used together across all weapons, enhance their secondary stat. Gladiator set mods boost crit chance which stacks on combo counter.

Focus: 

If you completed the Second Dream and have returned, the Schools have been reset but the Affinity has been kept. Prioritize the Waybound nodes first as they are most expensive.

Meta:

All melee weapons with a Blood Rush + Drifting Contact (or Body Count, whatever suits you) + Condition Overload build can kill anything.

Burston Prime with a full status build is surprisingly effective.

There's such a thing as Tiberon Prime. Get it now. Sort it for status+crit. You'll love it.

Some weapons you thought were junk before, like Bronco Prime, have become capable of doing Sorties.

Corinth, Arca Plasmor, Astilla, and Tigris Prime are all unique shotguns. Get them all for they each have their niches.

Hunter Munitions on crit-oriented primary weapons makes them more lethal due to it proccing slash on crit, causing crit to behave like status in a unique way.

Ash's 4 is a 2-phase ability. You turn it on, mark enemies, turn it off to activate. Cast 3 on any enemy to enter it. Casting it while his 2 is active adds discount. Mine has Arcane Momentum, which turns Vectis Prime into a bottomless clip sniper in some conditions.

Sanctuary Onslaught, and it's Elite counterpart, are, to me, Draco Prime. Run them if you want XP on anything, but be prepared for Sortie-level enemies and very fast killing.

There's more which I may have missed. Also, Chroma got hit rather badly, as well as Ember, forcing people to adapt. Saryn's changes leave her in a better position and I've sorted her out for a Rage build involving her regenerative molt augment for health restoration.

The Sacrifice is coming. Here's a .gif of one of the highlights to look forward to.

Spoiler

olj4jt.gif

Rage build for Saryn?! Yay thats basically my favourite thing in the game?

Also, thanks for all the info. Regarding POE, if the arcane helmet i have is now on there, i imagine that means i already have it unlocked, right? It's not like i lost it completely right???

Okay, thanks again 🙂

And perhaps there's not that much in the way of content up until now (i mean apart from POE) but teres that new misión that's coming. Also, finally Umbra. New content hype!!!!

Im gonna have so much farm farming stuff. Im also so glad they buffed obscure weapons, i may have fun with them now