The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Most useful/favorite offensive arcanes?

Canach

Question

11 answers to this question

Arcane Victory and Fury are probably major offensive Arcanes, but I do not have enough of them or plat to acquire enough to max them both, aside from Arcane Guardian and Barrier.

Currently my Ash is using a maxed Arcane Momentum to make Vectis Prime forget what a 'reload' is. Reload-related Arcanes may be great if you don't want a speed-boost frame, reload speed mod, and have an Arcane slot with no idea what to add to it.

The disappointing Arcanes are all the ones I don't need - such as the specific damage proc or elemental proc resistance Arcanes, and ones that add speed when I don't need it. Would like to be able to transmute them.

5 minutes ago, (XB1)ThermalStone said:

Arcane Avenger (Crit chance boost) works for weapons with a crit build.  My favorite part: the condition is activated through normal gameplay (take damage).

I'm assuming that the condition is damage to health, not shields?

Anybody use Arcane Awakening (On Reload, 40% for +100% Pistol Damage, 16s)? Also thinking about Strike (On Hit, 10% for +40% Melee Attack Speed, 12s) for Jat Kittag.

Sounds like Momentum would be ideal for Dread!  Does Dread qualify as a sniper though?

Edited by Canach

On ‎2018‎-‎06‎-‎12 at 8:06 AM, Koldraxon-732 said:

Currently my Ash is using a maxed Arcane Momentum to make Vectis Prime forget what a 'reload' is. Reload-related Arcanes may be great if you don't want a speed-boost frame, reload speed mod, and have an Arcane slot with no idea what to add to it.

Thank you for this idea.  That maybe the one arcane that I might actually like.  

On 2018-06-13 at 1:30 PM, Canach said:

Anybody use Arcane Awakening (On Reload, 40% for +100% Pistol Damage, 16s)? Also thinking about Strike (On Hit, 10% for +40% Melee Attack Speed, 12s) for Jat Kittag.

Sounds like Momentum would be ideal for Dread!  Does Dread qualify as a sniper though?

Dread is a bow. Bows do not qualify as snipers unless/until there's a sniper/crossbow hybrid.

15 minutes ago, Koldraxon-732 said:

Dread is a bow. Bows do not qualify as snipers unless/until there's a sniper/crossbow hybrid.

There is the Daikyu.  It can be considered THE sniper bow.  It's very similar to the Lanka in a lot of ways mechanically.  

Edited by DatDarkOne

On 2018-06-13 at 8:30 AM, Canach said:

I use Arcane Awakening on Harrow. Don't know why but, I pretty much exclusively use pistols with Harrow. Give Awakening a try with Sicarus or Akbolto Prime.  

Offensive Arcanes aren't that useful by nature of scaling damage.

In the end you'll have much more trouble staying alive than doing damage.

There's a handful of frames which make decent use of offensive Arcanes like Invisibility frames, Wukong, Zephyr, Trinity and Nekros but most frames need Defensive / Utility Arcanes to stay alive and function. I've always found Avenger esp funny since you can't afford to take hits by the time you'd want the damage boost.

I rarely use Offensive Arcanes but when I do it's based on the play style I've chosen to run with. Melee Invis frames which I also rarely use I'd go with Fury / Strike. Trinity / Nekros can afford to use an Avenger usually with a Grace or Guardian. Wukong and Zephyr are prolly the only ones I'd use two Offensive.