Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Possible Change to Sorties

(PSN)Elixz8247

So basically after completing the daily sorties you get a random reward from the pool.

What if after completing the daily sortie missions you got certain amount of a said Sortie Token. With this you save these until you have enoungh to buy want you want from the Sortie Store.

Token: Is the currency you earn after completing sorties(Possible name change)

I was thinking with this system that separating the sortie into 3 tiers(like the index) would be smart. This would allow for those who run the sorties at higher difficulties to reap greater amounts of tokens then those who run the easier tiers.

There would also be a cap on the amount of Tokens you could earn per day so that nobody could cheese the system to buy all the top tier items after a couple of hrs of farming

Sortie Store:

Contains the items currently in the Reward Pool. Functions like the Market you save up enoungh currency you buy what you want.

Note: I am open to criticism but please have valid reasoning behind it.

Just now, Firthiros said:

I am open to the idea of a sortie store and getting a token everyday so you can save up, but the whole tier system with 'greater rewards' not so much

I added the tier system to reward players of greater skill. I though with this it would give the incentive to weaker players to become better to get better stuff

hey, i think this could totally work :O !!! up this one  

i think the problem with this is gonna be the prices of Legendary Cores (which me, at MR19 never got one) , and this will kill the appeal of doin other dungeons -- i.e. endless Kuva missions, while it'd probably take me an hour to get a decent amount of Kuva (or straight up clear all the Kuva missions than doin' endless) , ill just save up those daily tokens for them. 

its like how you can now buy Cetus Wisps from Quill Onkko, i am lazy enough and since i farmed hard with those eidolons back then (by the way, THEY STILL TELEPORT) and have like 20k intact sentient cores - i'd rather buy them from the NPC than do PoE and pick em up -- i think that'd be the same way if these tokens would be a reality 

6 minutes ago, (PS4)Elixz8247 said:

Had to look up what wishing on a monkey paw meant. So what would be the price on inplementing this system

Take the ambulas reborn event. They tested out a token system. When you killed a ambulas, depending on the level of planet, it would drop X amount of tokens. You then spent the tokens for event items. Like weapon augment mods were 75 tokens. the highest level kill of ambulas gave 6 tokens. thats 13 runs. To get the whole event store before it ended. you had to get 850 tokens. Running 142 missions at best.

But you could choose specific rewards and not bother with what you didn't want.

It makes the low hanging fruit easier to collect. But the rare stuff is going to be a slog with nothing to show for it for days and days and days. When RNG is not involved, DE is going to make you take the longest route possible.

Edited by Firetempest

Sortie tokens... this already exists, in an abstract sense. Ayatan sculptures you can sell for a decent amount filled. Then just buy what you want with the plat.

Edit: In that regard, though, probably the untradeable 'garbage' (like single forma, 4000 endo) should be removed.

Edited by Pyradus

3 minutes ago, Firetempest said:

Take the ambulas reborn event. They tested out a token system. When you killed a ambulas, depending on the level of planet, it would drop X amount of tokens. You then spent the tokens for event items. Like weapon augment mods were 75 tokens. the highest level kill of ambulas gave 6 tokens. thats 13 runs. To get the whole event store before it ended. you had to get 850 tokens. Running 142 missions at best.

But you could choose specific rewards and not bother with what you didn't want.

It makes the low hanging fruit easier to collect. But the rare stuff is going to be a slog.

yeah, but you dont to it 142 missions at a whole afternoon or night. You will do it in 142 days. 
plus the rewards are a necessity or a consumable thing = endo, kuva and rivens 

and by choosing specific rewards with enough tokens (or whatever it'd be called) depending on what you need at the moment, i think that'd be somewhat ok.

What i fear is with this system, for me -- i'd do this, logout and do it again the next day and do something else than farm other dungeons of Endo/Kuva since i can just get them after a few days  -- so it'd be downright boring once in awhile if you've gathered a mass amount of tokens ready to be consumed all at once when needed. 

18 minutes ago, NullSaint said:

It's not so much about price as about unintended consequences. 

An example of this is Baro Ki'Teer. He's the result of people constantly asking for a token system back during the golden age of void keys, because the RNG was terrible. DE gave us a token system alright, but they gave us Baro and he doesn't do anything to help with the RNG of getting prime parts, and most of the stuff he sells are cosmetics or recycles through a couple primed mods which are sub-par at best.

5 hours ago, Gnlstorm said:

All along SORTIE is meant to enjoy and challenge yourself if add on token it become grinding again... We need 1 or 2 mode that let us relax abit

I dont know anyone who r challeged by sorties. At least the ppl i play with. 

Run straight through the missions. And r left butt hutt by RNGsus

They talked about adding a token system for the sorties but it probably died in the idea part of the cycle. With the sorties being a daily mission I can see the token system actually working since you know they'll make the rares have high prices. They could also introduce more resources to throw in there as to help with the new player experience and that grind slog that is far far worse at the start than mid-vet time.

Would still be interesting to see three different types of sorties for higher rewards or tokens ie:

Sorties (What we have now)

Elite Sorties (all missions are 80-100)

Nightmare Sorties (all missions are 100-150 or up to 200? and there are two modifiers and will bring in nightmare modifiers with some tweeks (vampire leech will be per hit instead of per kill (basically all your weapons and possibly powers gain life leech and you lose life) with some exceptions (you'll never get phys+ele enhancement) I still think enemy scaling needs to be looked at but I would still like to play nightmare sorties as I'd have to think about what I'm going to run and most importantly imo I think dual modifiers and nightmare modifiers will lead to more thought past cc this and shoot even if cc will still be king you'd have to be on your toes for most frames. I could go on and list what combos shouldn't be together and also other tweaks for nightmare modifiers due to level range but you get the idea.

You'll still be able to cheese nightmare sorties but sadly that is the nature of this game and really the goal most people look to achieve in an mmorpg (how can I complete this quickly and also efficiently)