Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Rework Suggestion] Limbo: Rift "Peek-A-Boo" Style {New Rift Feature, Changes to 1st and 3d Power}

FoxFX

1 hour ago, Whitestrake0 said:

After reading some more of the thread, this really does look like a "I am trying to troll proof Limbo" instead of trying to make him more fun.

How about making it so he can use his most fun powers without getting in the way of his teammates?  More awesome synergies like the Mesa one you mentioned (which this also keeps), and lets other frames take advantage of it too.

I see your point about fighting only in the material plane, but I don't think a "strong" plane distinction is so important to his feel that he should be this cavalier towards his weapon-using teammates.

18 hours ago, Whitestrake0 said:

Battle and engagement on the Material Plane, you lost all my interest in that remark. Not only does that Trash Limbos unique style of playing the game where you have your own realm to control and can freely engage whenever you want. Don't want him to be a low tier CC that will be thrown out the window, Limbo won't be getting another rework for a long time though so I suppose I am safe. 

I've already made a suggestion to just turn banish into a support ability, we don't need to completely total his entire realm idea cause people don't like the idea that in actual late game content they have to think. Limbo rn is already very useful in a team, even more so when you have team members that compliment him well. Mesa, Banshee, Saryn and Volt. As a example you can put Mesa into the rift completely nullifying the dangers of standing still from peacemaker and she can still kill everything, as well as regening energy between groups of energy.

Edit: After reading some more of the thread, this really does look like a "I am trying to troll proof Limbo" instead of trying to make him more fun.

You still have the whole "realm to control" with the existence of Cataclysm and Stasis with this rework suggestion though.

I don't see many downsides to "troll proofing" as you have described this to be. You still have Limbo being the whole Rift Master in this though it allows transitioning from the Rift to Material Plane to be much smoother for combat purposes for Limbo's team mates.

From the way I see it, it is good to have some playstyle to be fun, but if that "fun" can get in the way of squad play then that is a concerning issues. Warframe does allow solo play, but it is also allows multiplayer gameplay as well. Some find Vauban's Bounce fun, but placing Bounce in chokepoints or areas a teammate needs to be and that could get disruptive. Use a Limbo to Banish allies or Enemies stalling their freedom to engage or even interact to complete objectives.

It can be troubling to have so much "fun" if it can potentially ruin the fun for others.

Hey, I just realized another reason why this rework can be considered a great one:

Since Limbo would be more prone to / capable of / a bit more durable when fighting in the material plane, he'd actually be more viable to fight bosses (and not just by being a distraction-tank).

After all, right now, since bosses are completely unaffected by the Rift plane, combined with the clunkiness of swapping back and forth between planes (at least more so than the peek-a-boo style) and since he currently is very likely to die in an instant (at least on higher levels of sorties) whenever he pops out on the material plane, all that makes him very illsuited for fighting tough opponents (ironically, despite having a "gentleman duelist" feel to him, at least he used to in Limbo 1.0).

But with the snappier back-and-forth that the peek-a-boo brings, along with the shield-gain from Rift Surge for some added tankiness, he'd be a lot more capable of handling tougher opponents like bosses. So, another reason for me to like this rework 🙂

• 2 weeks later...

So for me as a Limbo main, I don't see the fuss. The OP isn't trying to change Limbo's divide and conquer. This playstyle and mechanic remains the same. His ultimate is still Big Bubble of Don't Mess With Me, and stasis still freezes enemies. Let's be real, with the current way Limbo works this is the core of his kit. Also note that Limbo more or less already plays like an assassin up until lvl like 25. He's one of the most awkward frames to level because of the way his abilities scale and thanks to his most recent cut to duration on stasis, it really REALLY sucks to try and stasis multiple enemies w/o the right mods or being lvl 30. He plays like two different frames and this rework to me is just aligning both of these styles into one cohesive unit that WOULD make him viable for a lot of the later game stuff like @Azamagon mentioned where his squishiness and lack of control over bosses makes him fairly low on the list of frames to play in those situations. 

These changes 1) make Limbo's 1 more viable with smoother more consistent damage/control. The most awkward part of Limbo is the fact that to really use banish you need to be in the material plane and even though the ability does not require line of sight, the material plane is not where you want to be. This change to his 1 makes it an ability with actual merit in late game play instead of a place holder ability for catacylsm. 2) The changes on the three don't change the core of what the ability already does, it gives slightly different functionality and potentially has a lower scale cap but the other benefits ie + Shield and Damage that can be used while in the material plane (don't forget rift torrent currently only effects Limbo while in the rift) and the added bonus of spreading to allies + knockdown sounds like a fair trade off. Limbo will still be able to solo like the God he is (honestly probably better with more tools at his disposal and a bit of extra tankiness) AND would be an even more viable pick for teamplay.