Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sacrifice Mission 1: Hide and Seek isn't fun(spoilers)

LordLokai

Yea i'm just gonna put this out to DE hide and seek isn't fun, and with ZERO auditory, visual, or any kind of blatant visual ques to look for you are basically asking us to find a needle in a haystack, and the needle is the same color as the hay... i've been here for awhile now and i cant find what ever it is i'm suppose to find, you NEED some kind of visual eye catching points doesn't have to be a big glowie but one of the items is LITERALLY same color as the object its laying against.

As an Old DM is this phenomena in Dungeon Mastering where by a DM uses a riddle to force players to think before they can proceed, but the problem is that the riddle makes sense to the DM but only the DM. I see this as whats happening here, to you it makes sense for a nice easy spot, but really this is a frustrating slam into the wall moment where you are so hype and the first thing you encounter is something that takes you an hour because it's so well hidden, that only the guys who designed it would find it in any reasonable amount of time.

I assume he's referring to the beginning where you have to scan three different parts of the Warframe? I found the first two parts fairly easily, but it took me about 10 minutes before I found the third piece which looks like a pile of blue rocks / rubble on the side of the area.

Just now, Helsiege said:

I assume he's referring to the beginning where you have to scan three different parts of the Warframe? I found the first two parts fairly easily, but it took me about 10 minutes before I found the third piece which looks like a pile of blue rocks / rubble on the side of the area.

If thats the case people really suck at using their scanners.

27 minutes ago, M1lfhun73r said:

I'm stuck trying to stun umbra part...op abilities not doing the trick..

Yeah, same. He blocks every shot then insta-kills me. I ended up ragequitting. The hide-and-seek was frustrating, but I have a Helios Prime so he scanned everything just from walking around.

33 minutes ago, AsIsWritten said:

My Scanner doesn't light any of them up and gives no ques as to where they are. So far i only found 1 part. The thing that is upside down

Look for some gentle smoke (not to be mistaken with the "fog"). The parts should be nearby.

45 minutes ago, WidescreenRules said:

Look for some gentle smoke (not to be mistaken with the "fog"). The parts should be nearby.

I use Synthesis Scanners 99% of the time so everything is REALLY orange, I thankfully had a few normal scanners on hand and was able to find them that way. Now Im stuck on the second fight with mister framey boi Edit: I have a mote Amp, and for some reason, If you encounter a bug where you can use Umbra before doing this part. Please dont. Umbras will fight eachother and will BOTH try and kill you.

Edited by AsIsWritten
More Info

This part was really dumb for the 3rd warframe part imo. It's the golden piece of him specifically that took me forever to find. Its near the edge of the circle, on the main path entrance, on the side hidden behind a pillar. Its extremely hard to see especially when its a section you wouldnt think to normally check because of how close to the edge it is.

Finished the quest yesterday, but man, the 'look for stuff' parts of the missions were awkward. Just no real way to narrow down the location in many of them, and in the one case where there is a way, there's also some incredibly annoying stuff going down basically constantly.

Yeah... it woukd be cook if they gave us "clues" as to where to find these memories. But i think they might have just left it as hide and seek, for the sake of keeping it short. 

Maybe they could've let us find some of their old rooms, and given us clues about where to search... woukdve made it more engaging than just wikdly searching about. 

Still, i enjoyed the new approach. 

I got stuck on the scanning section for like 45 minutes for a few reasons

1: There are almost no visual or auditory ques

2: is no indication on WHAT you are looking for

3: the smoke that is probably SUPPOSE to be the big clue, blends in with the fog making it almost impossible to see

4: 1 of the clues is the SAME color as the background its laid on or VERY close to it making it sort of not very obvious

5: the scanner doesn't high light or otherwise indicate its a scanable object

My big point was that you have this epic story and YES it was very good and well done, but the VERY first part of it can feel daunting to figure out because the clues aren't very obvious, to the point of being to well hidden. It's a common problem when making any sort of product like this when an IDEA a sounds amazing to you but when you ACTUALLY get someone else to do it the clues are less obvious, and sometimes so obscure and difficult that it can make it a chore, which isn't good when you are super excited for something. this doesn't really serve much for the story either... what SHOULD have happened was just a small cutscene with the operator noting the 3 parts and coming to his conclusion it would have been cinematic and made more sense. Then forcing players to run around in a circle for almost an hour looking for stupid scannables...

Hence why i titled it hide and seek isn't fun, because that's what it felt like... devs hiding objects in super weird places and expecting the players to find them without any hints or clues... blizzard is NOTORIOUS for doing this crap in WoW and i just really wish they would stick to the strong points of warframes and not keep asking us to do these unfun tasks like scanning crap... anything would have been better then this...