Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

'The Sacrifice' End Game Content (Spoilers)

The story was great and so is Umbra...but the ending just felt disappointing. I was expecting some type of closure with the Lotus considering how long we've already gone without her. I was also hoping we'd no longer have to deal with Ordis's copy of her after finishing the story....but nope still there, telling you that the issue from months ago is still unresolved and will remain that way for even more months. It just doesn't give me a sense of progression, the exact opposite really.

6 minutes ago, Snowskeeper said:

Who are you referring to, exactly?

(Also, er. Always kind of cringey when somebody uses an anonymous forum account to bash people for complaining using anonymous forum accounts.)

@Snowskeeper please don’t play yourself, clearly it says PS4. If you have a PS4 account you would know that’s my screen name on there. Nothing anonymous about me, I have my REAL face on there. Again bring that same energy to Tenno con please and thank you. Ain’t nothing anonymous about me. So what’s good?!?!

Also when you got something else smart to say be direct with it and @ me next time. You don’t have to quote me, I know what I said.

im referring to in general of the people that are bashing DE cause they don’t like the direction a game is going....

news flash.....the whole entire star wars movies leave you in a cliff hanger...but yet y’all wanna come for DE’s neck. No ma’am No GOD.

Edited by (PS4)Thealteregoroman

6 minutes ago, Snowskeeper said:

Who are you referring to, exactly?

(Also, er. Always kind of cringey when somebody uses an anonymous forum account to bash people for complaining using anonymous forum 

Edited by mraz641

4 minutes ago, (PS4)Thealteregoroman said:

@Snowskeeper please don’t play yourself, clearly it says PS4. If you have a PS4 account you would know that’s my screen name on there. Nothing anonymous about me, I have my REAL face on there. Again bring that same energy to Tenno con please and thank you. Ain’t nothing anonymous about me. So what’s good?!?!

I don't have a PS4 account, and I don't have access to your PSN account. And even if I did, I would have no way of knowing who that face belongs to. 

I asked who you were referring to because you're implying people are bashing DE over this. I see some people bashing the quest itself, and some people are maybe angrier than they should be, but I don't see anybody coming out and attacking the team in this thread. You are by far the angriest person here. 

And for the record: no, Sacrifice is not "a gift." DE has said repeatedly that new content is the lifeblood of the game. They continue to produce content because, yes, they are passionate about the game and story, but also because if they stop producing content, people stop playing the game. Acting like is a totally altruistic thing is kind of silly.

3 minutes ago, mraz641 said:

I stand behind that mans words, luka krsmanovic nis serbia, come at me bro

Since when are we fighting?

Edited by Snowskeeper

2 minutes ago, LazerSkink said:

Another thing; the Margulis and Lotus link was never elaborated upon. I'm guessing that's going to go into the next big thing?

I think the confirmation that Ballas' defection was due to that one memory he says was burnt into his mind is meant to imply that the Lotus was deliberately designed in her image.

Just now, (PS4)supersocc11 said:

So what are the warframes that we use? Just infested clones based on original dax soldiers?

Not clones, no.

Edited by Snowskeeper

3 minutes ago, LazerSkink said:

Another thing; the Margulis and Lotus link was never elaborated upon. I'm guessing that's going to go into the next big thing?

I guess so yeah. I suppose we'll find out in a few months.

3 hours ago, Snowskeeper said:

I think the confirmation that Ballas' defection was due to that one memory he says was burnt into his mind is meant to imply that the Lotus was deliberately designed in her image.

Still doesn't explain how Natah ended up being the canvas. Odd.

1 minute ago, (PS4)supersocc11 said:

Ok....then what r they?

The 'best and brightest' of the Orokin empire, +a light dose of Infestation.

They're not clones; they're the originals.

EDIT: At least, that was what I got out of it. 

Edited by Snowskeeper

il y a 28 minutes, Snowskeeper a dit :

(aside from forcing us to fight three Sentients on our own with nothing but an unmodded melee weapon and exalted blade; that was kind of annoying)

Or you could just have used your Amp. Void damage is powerful against all Sentient types.

Umbra was fine. That was about what I was expecting for it, and it's a fancy new shiny. Those are always nice. The story was also good, answered a lot of questions we had.

What's not so fine is how the quest ended. I've had little time to consider so I may end up ultimately coming to a different conclusion, but that ending was the exact opposite of satisfying. It's just a cliffhanger, coming off of another cliffhanger. It's honestly frustrating that there's been all this buildup since the Apostasy Prologue, and this is what we get. It didn't end anything. All it did was show more doors that'll inevitably take longer than I'd like to unlock. Well, I suppose I'd really like to see the next step in the story, so it did what a cliffhanger is supposed to do. Just... frustrating is all.

I await the next episode.

Just now, Dragoteryx said:

Or you could just have used your Amp. Void damage is powerful against all Sentient types.

I'm still on the Mote Amp. With 100 energy that does a tiny sliver of their health pool every recharge, if you don't miss at all.

You guys do realize that if we solved the mysteries and got Lotus back, we wouldn't have anything to buils off of for future quests and stuff. And warframe would be stuck with nowhere to build off of. If anything, the cliffhanger is just to add more build up and get us hype for the next quest.

1 hour ago, Mkilbride said:

3 Years. Every year, DE hyping the hell out of Umbra.

3 years!

Then it releases. Takes 45 minutes. No unique mission types.  What the fuuuuuck? The Second Dream, War Within, all took 2-3 hours and had unique missions as well as fights.

The story was incredibly interesting. But it ends on a CLIFFHANGER...after 3 years! DE even said it would answer all our questions about TSD & WW and be the finale in a trio of quests.

You realize that this quest isn't the end right?  We still have more things coming.

So... I went ahead and translated the Orokin Script from the Vetruvian pages... turns out there was a spoiler hidden in plain sight all along. 😉

Not a ton of big things, but we do get confirmation of what the Zariman 10-0 looked like and of course The Spoiler.

Enjoy my fellow Tenno!

Spoiler

wzwHeZ2.jpg

Spoiler

fyC6gKd.jpg

Spoiler

LFtbB4o.jpg

Spoiler

X4YOr0Q.jpg

Spoiler

e8J53Us.jpg

Spoiler

ZAtjKLs.jpg

Spoiler

bBWdRlX.jpg

Spoiler

KWYVTdN.jpg

Edited by LordOda

DE is a business and part of their business is to keep their customers happy. However that doesn't give people a right to be raging little children about it. This content was provided to us free of charge. As in you can literally download this game, play the prerequisite quests and then play this one without spending a single penny. So spare the tears like there was some financial loss on your part because there was none. You got a problem with the game or the new quest? Then constructively state what it is, no need to throw a temper tantrum over it like your life is ruined now.

The quest was ok, I find TSD and TWW much better but we got Excal Umbra and he is one of the best looking WF so far. Maybe because it has been almost a year since they announced this quest that it felt short for what most hoped for. I’m pretty sure they have something in mind to follow up this twist with Lotus at Tennocon 2018. For my part I can only say I will enjoy Excalibur Umbra very very much.

DE is being a victim of their own success, players so custom to play a couple of hours every day running through all quests in days/weeks ending up asking for more content and expecting “prime” quality with every update. It is hard to keep a player base happy and active and deliver new content every two to three months.

1 hour ago, Shiichibukai said:

Nope thats it, we waitied 3 years for that. A freaking black excalibur and a huge dissappointment from the quest. Conclusion my ass...

You may notice when you go into operator mode the Excal gets A.I. and fights alongside you.  That alone makes the Umbra quite unique.

Also did you guys not look at your gear and see all the Umbra mods which are direct upgrades to the mods we already have?  New power and the ability to rethink some builds, perhaps even remove some S#&$ty corrupted mods.  Looks great.

Honestly the quest made me feel bad for Umbra.

That being said I feel like this was overhyped and its ruined people's expectations a bit. I tried to come into it wiht a clear head. Did actually enjoy it and now i'm left with the conflciting feeling of wether or not I should use him or excal prime from now on.

My only complaint is holy hell so many bugs. I havent seen an update since with so many issues.

Just now, (PS4)lagrue said:

You may notice when you go into operator mode the Excal gets A.I. and fights alongside you.  That alone makes the Umbra quite unique.

Also did you guys not look at your gear and see all the Umbra mods which are direct upgrades to the mods we already have?  New power and the ability to rethink some builds, perhaps even remove some S#&$ty corrupted mods.  Looks great.

They stack too putting vitality when maxed to +770% with the combo buff. I actually want to see how much health inaros gets from that honestly. (Yeah regular frames can use them).

Edited by Vilemyre

Just now, (PS4)joshw1400 said:

You guys do realize that if we solved the mysteries and got Lotus back, we wouldn't have anything to buils off of for future quests and stuff. And warframe would be stuck with nowhere to build off of.

That's not how narrative works. You don't need a cliffhanger to continue a story. See: Second Dream, War Within, basically every major story quest before either of those. Even if we had got Lotus back--and that was by no means the only satisfying way that quest could have ended, for the record--Warframe would be in no danger of not having anything to build off of.