Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Possibilities of the new Umbra Frame

BladeWielder65

I just want to start off by saying I know i'm jumping the gun when I start talking about what the next umbra might be not even a week after "The Sacrifice" comes out. But Umbra was teased as a new line of warframes with a new method of accquisition apart from primes. So when that fateful day comes when a new Umbra is announced which frame do you think will be chosen to ascend into a hall of scarves and black and red color schemes?

I would hazard to guess any of the following:
Nyx, Loki, Mag, Rhino, Frost, Ash, Ember, Trinity, or Volt.

Most likely Nyx if they want to make a Dark Sector reference and side-hint at the skins they had for Excal and Nyx.

However, not all Frames will get an Umbra.

3 minutes ago, Nendos said:

I guess possibly Nidus

Sounds interesting, but we don't even know if he's currently planned to get a prime. And i thought I was jumping the gun, lol.

4 minutes ago, Koldraxon-732 said:

I would hazard to guess any of the following:
Nyx, Loki, Mag, Rhino, Frost, Ash, Ember, Trinity, or Volt.

Most likely Nyx if they want to make a Dark Sector reference and side-hint at the skins they had for Excal and Nyx.

However, not all Frames will get an Umbra.

Mhm, i agree it will either be Nyx or one of the other starter frames like Mag or Volt.
Rhino Umbra would be wild. This massive, hulking force of nature. If the other Umbra's were introduced in a similar way that Umbra Excal was i'd like to see the backstory behind whoever became Rhino Umbra, a gentle giant perhaps?

4 minutes ago, BladeWielder65 said:

Sounds interesting, but we don't even know if he's currently planned to get a prime. And i thought I was jumping the gun, lol.

Mhm, i agree it will either be Nyx or one of the other starter frames like Mag or Volt.
Rhino Umbra would be wild. This massive, hulking force of nature. If the other Umbra's were introduced in a similar way that Umbra Excal was i'd like to see the backstory behind whoever became Rhino Umbra, a gentle giant perhaps?

however im not sure how that would work since in rhinos codex, he was already turned into a warframe. So that would mean for Rhino Umbra to happen, a Dax would have to be turned into the same warframe.

2 minutes ago, TANK102703 said:

however im not sure how that would work since in rhinos codex, he was already turned into a warframe. So that would mean for Rhino Umbra to happen, a Dax would have to be turned into the same warframe.

I figure that codex has to do more with the animalistic infested flesh that goes into the frame, rather then the person that sits inside it. Making an umbra is a bit like a 3 cheese dip. The first layer is the human, the 2nd is the infested flesh they're spliced with in order to have the extreme endurance and agility and the 3rd layer is the Tenno mind controlling its actions. And like a 3 cheese dip each layer on its own is able to live on its own, be it at a weaker state. I believe that this codex would be when the orokin are attempting to create that Infested "layer".

6 minutes ago, TANK102703 said:

I doubt that the infested organism in the Rhino prime codex is a warframe but rather the bioweapon creatures made out of 'volunteers' willing and not so willing before making warframes proper.

Just now, BladeWielder65 said:

[Curiosity about Rhino Umbra]

Reply in spoilers for compression:

Spoiler

I think Rhino Umbra would come after DE have done the starter Umbra-frames, though having Nyx as the next in line, then Volt, then Mag, then Rhino, would add an intriguing atmosphere.

Think about it; the Operator has just effectively merged with Excalibur Umbra - a former legendary Dax. What if the next Umbra was his wife that he thought was killed?

Imagine the change in atmosphere, and how delighted they'd both be at seeing eachother again, despite what had been done to them. This would also give the Umbras as a archetype a unique saga, where the Tenno begins to unite a squadron of Umbra-frames, each one fitting into a mission-critical role; Excalibur denying the enemy and cutting them down, Volt projecting barriers, Mag disrupting weapons and machinery, and Nyx preventing opponent cohesion. Though the arrangement of Umbras is merely theoretical.

Just now, TANK102703 said:

[For that to happen, Dax must become Rhino Umbra]

Spoiler

On that note, I am under the belief that all Umbras had once been Dax. This theoretical pseudo-fact also applies to Stalker due to the undeniable visible evidence; the chassis, the sapience, the burning memory, the inability to speak, even.

The Kuva Scepter was our control over them being pulled from their long-gone Orokin overlords, and into our hands. Excalibur was the first, and the first again; Teshin reflects these Umbras by giving us a choice; to do it ourselves, or for him to act for us; as Umbra can and would likely be more than glad to.

However as I mentioned initially, I believe the Tenno has, for lack of other descriptions, 'assimilated' Umbra; when they're in the Orbiter, Umbra's physical body would comply and be static, but the Tenno? The Tenno is both Umbra and themselves now.

Therefore I now know the Sacrifice actual: having more Umbras will have a heavier mental toll due to acting as a biological server for their minds when they are not engaged.

1 minute ago, Koldraxon-732 said:

Hide contents

On that note, I am under the belief that all Umbras had once been Dax. This theoretical pseudo-fact also applies to Stalker due to the undeniable visible evidence; the chassis, the sapience, the burning memory, the inability to speak, even.

The Kuva Scepter was our control over them being pulled from their long-gone Orokin overlords, and into our hands. Excalibur was the first, and the first again; Teshin reflects these Umbras by giving us a choice; to do it ourselves, or for him to act for us; as Umbra can and would likely be more than glad to.

However as I mentioned initially, I believe the Tenno has, for lack of other descriptions, 'assimilated' Umbra; when they're in the Orbiter, Umbra's physical body would comply and be static, but the Tenno? The Tenno is both Umbra and themselves now.

Therefore I now know the Sacrifice actual: having more Umbras will have a heavier mental toll due to acting as a biological server for their minds when they are not engaged.

Comparing Stalker to Umbras would be a bit like apples and oranges. Through his hate for the tenno he practiced Transferrence on himself and intergrated his conciousness into the form we see now. Also, he was stated to be a "Low Guardian" in his codex entry, while this could be another name for the Dax it could just as easily be a class below the dax or between the Dax and Tenno in terms of strength.

I go by 'Umbra Acolytes' theory. So Frost, Loki, Limbo, Mesa, Nekros, Valkyr and of course Excal.

Most likely next in that Order would be Frost or Valkyr, appearing alongside Venus. Why? Frost because of the ice connection or Valkyr because of the Corpus connection. I don't expect to see Limbo Umbra for some time considering we're getting his prime later today, and Mesa Prime is due after Chroma Prime - though her popularity could accelerate her considering she's a good six months out from her prime.

[Stalker =/= Umbra type]

It's not beyond reasoning to believe that, other than Transference, he could've injected himself with the 'Umbra Mutation Toxin' as I'll call it and then forged an Excalibur shell for himself, while making a helmet of his own design to stand out. Besides, being a 'Low Guardian' could've been his interpretation of a low-ranking 'Royal' Dax given the overall purpose of putting themselves in the way of anything that would do the Orokin Emperors harm.

To be truthful I theorized that a Warframe would try to strike Ballas but then get stuck at the bit involving trying to make the edge meet the flesh. I was both correct and incorrect on many details.

1 minute ago, Loza03 said:

I go by 'Umbra Acolytes' theory. So Frost, Loki, Limbo, Mesa, Nekros, Valkyr and of course Excal.

Most likely next in that Order would be Frost or Valkyr, appearing alongside Venus. Why? Frost because of the ice connection or Valkyr because of the Corpus connection. I don't expect to see Limbo Umbra for some time considering we're getting his prime later today, and Mesa Prime is due after Chroma Prime - though her popularity could accelerate her considering she's a good six months out from her prime.

Interesting theory, but the Umbra's seem to be completely detached from the Acolytes.

1 minute ago, Koldraxon-732 said:

It's not beyond reasoning to believe that, other than Transference, he could've injected himself with the 'Umbra Mutation Toxin' as I'll call it and then forged an Excalibur shell for himself, while making a helmet of his own design to stand out. Besides, being a 'Low Guardian' could've been his interpretation of a low-ranking 'Royal' Dax given the overall purpose of putting themselves in the way of anything that would do the Orokin Emperors harm.

To be truthful I theorized that a Warframe would try to strike Ballas but then get stuck at the bit involving trying to make the edge meet the flesh. I was both correct and incorrect on many details.

It doesn't seem like a frame can just "mutate" into a different type. The Umbras were specially created by Ballas.

Interesting theory, but the Umbra's seem to be completely detached from the Acolytes.

Stalker uses Umbra's model without the prime parts, and is a tortured soul that has a single-minded focus on one event from his past. It might not be a strong connection, sure, but a connection nonetheless. We don't have any other leads, so I choose the only one we have.

Also, this allows for Limbo Umbra and I really want Limbo Umbra to be a thing eventually. I love my Rift Mathmagician.

2 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

Stalker uses Umbra's model without the prime parts, and is a tortured soul that has a single-minded focus on one event from his past. It might not be a strong connection, sure, but a connection nonetheless. We don't have any other leads, so I choose the only one we have.

Also, this allows for Limbo Umbra and I really want Limbo Umbra to be a thing eventually. I love my Rift Mathmagician.

While you cite his current model, i go back to Stalker before The Second Dream, which was just a base Excalibur moment. And Umbra's memories were purposefully excluded by ballas with the exception of the one of him killing his own son. Meanwhile, Stalker's memory can be attributed to the long centuries he's spent "wandering these desolate worlds" and his memory gradually fading, rather then having them be cut out artificially.

1 minute ago, BladeWielder65 said:

While you cite his current model, i go back to Stalker before The Second Dream, which was just a base Excalibur moment. And Umbra's memories were purposefully excluded by ballas with the exception of the one of him killing his own son. Meanwhile, Stalker's memory can be attributed to the long centuries he's spent "wandering these desolate worlds" and his memory gradually fading, rather then having them be cut out artificially.

Like I said, the connection isn't exactly concrete. But it's not like we have many other threads to follow.

Although, I do feel the fact that they updated Stalkers model to be Umbra's at about the same time they began really getting into this whole affair to be a little suspicious, even though they probably hadn't gotten anywhere near far enough for the precise details. Interesting that someone so deeply connected with that chapter of the story should look so similar to one connected just as intimately with another. But again, quite the thin thread.

1 minute ago, Leo2096 said:

By the way, how will we get new Umbra series?

Will it something like Prime Access? or maybe every Umbra frame will have there own quest,

to explain what they are before they become Umbra?

I can't imagine getting a quest for every single umbra. But it may be a more copy paste experience, maybe a special game mode where you have to construct the frame then chase it and tame it.