Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sudden FPS Drop/Lag Spikes

Samoth95

So I've been getting this issue for awhile now and have decided to make a post about it because I'm not sure what's going on.

Occasionally while playing, I will experience a sudden lag spike that lasts a few seconds, causes my sound to go "crackly" and affects my ENTIRE system (including, for example, typing in programs outside of Warframe). My biggest issue is that I get this everywhere so I can't exactly nail down any 1 thing as the culprit - I see it in my Liset, in missions, and so on. The spike isn't as pronounced when I'm on my Liset but it still occurs. I don't believe any one frame is causing it as I've experienced it while playing a wide variety of frames, and Task Manager doesn't seem to be reporting any sort of CPU/GPU/Network/other spike that could identify why it's making my computer melt.

I've also tried verifying and optimizing my download  cache in case that was somehow the culprit, but it wasn't.

If I had to posit some sort of guess I'd say it could be related to enemy spawning since it seems to hit me the hardest on higher-end defenses and intercepts (where enemy spawns are close to the player due to the nature of the maps), but I have no way of being confident in this assumption (if only because the bug exists on my Liset).

My in-game settings are basically as low as they can be, and my specs are as follows (if any other specs are needed/required let me know and I'll update this as necessary):

• Processor: Intel i7-6500U
  • 8GB RAM
  • Graphics: Onboard Intel and AMD Radeon R5 M335

i'm not sure what else I can do to fix this if it's even possible to do so on my end, so I can really only assume it's some sort of bug within the game (maybe some sort of script error?) and hopefully this report should help it get identified and fixed, or at the very least someone else can point out something obvious that I've missed that I can do to either elaborate on this or to fix this on my end.

14 hours ago, Samoth95 said:

Occasionally while playing, I will experience a sudden lag spike that lasts a few seconds, causes my sound to go "crackly" and affects my ENTIRE system (including, for example, typing in programs outside of Warframe). My biggest issue is that I get this everywhere so I can't exactly nail down any 1 thing as the culprit - I see it in my Liset, in missions, and so on. The spike isn't as pronounced when I'm on my Liset but it still occurs. I don't believe any one frame is causing it as I've experienced it while playing a wide variety of frames, and Task Manager doesn't seem to be reporting any sort of CPU/GPU/Network/other spike that could identify why it's making my computer melt.

Hi Samoth95,

The next time you experience one of these spikes can you please type something in chat? You can type anything that will help pinpoint the timing of the spike, like "spike here". Once you've done that, it would be very helpful if you could retrieve a copy of your EE.log (found here) and send it to us in a support ticket. This way we can hopefully get a better idea of what is causing these freezes.

Thanks!

Edited by [DE]Dmitri

11 hours ago, [DE]Dmitri said:

Just a question. You guys won't be further optimizing textures and stuffs in PoE, right? Since DX9 will be dropped this year. Because I have again met some textures ram memory problem in PoE after more trees and stuffs are added to it recently.

Just like to add, I have also experienced some lag spikes in missions on ps4, most prominent when I was in mission on kala-azar, and got considerably worse the longer we stayed.

Me and my squad mates suspected it was to do with enemy spawn/deaths, saryns spores, corinth secondary fire and possibly hikou with concealed explosives

On 2018-06-25 at 6:22 AM, (PS4)dst123daniel said:

Just like to add, I have also experienced some lag spikes in missions on ps4, most prominent when I was in mission on kala-azar, and got considerably worse the longer we stayed.

Just a heads up. We believe we've tracked down one of the worse offenders for gradually degrading perf in Kala-Azar (it had to do with an effect spawning from Infested AI). With that said, we are still looking for further improvements. But the most recent PC hotfix should have this fix, and the next console builds to go through cert will have it as well.

Edited by [DE]Dmitri