Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Broken Scepter is... broken.

DeeDeetheSpy

I have been playing this for it's the utility of being able to generate health and energy orbs.  I have been finding the thing buggy as heck on rather or not I can pull orbs out of enemies, sometimes letting me do it and other times the prompt just will not show. 

I love this weapon for it's utility because it synergizes well with mods that trigger on orbs, is it possible to get the weapon to create the orbs on channel kills or something? Having to stop and hold X to get orbs out of baddies is pretty inconvenient and stated above, often doesn't work.

I dont think Broken Scepter works on disintegrating bodies or bodies that have been cut to pieces; not totally sure though.

Corrosive,Viral and Slash damage and channeling is the primary source of fast disintegrating/broken bodies.

I have had this happen as well, sometimes the Scepter just refuses to allow interaction at times. Very disappointing as I was making a load-out at one point around the weapon but it is not consistent.

4 hours ago, Hunter.Ace said:

I dont think Broken Scepter works on disintegrating bodies or bodies that have been cut to pieces; not totally sure though.

Corrosive,Viral and Slash damage and channeling is the primary source of fast disintegrating/broken bodies.

Strong possibility. Especially with all the Saryns going around these days.

3 hours ago, Urlan said:

I have had this happen as well, sometimes the Scepter just refuses to allow interaction at times. Very disappointing as I was making a load-out at one point around the weapon but it is not consistent.

Yeah. I have a Rhino Build that builds up stacks of armor, charges for the multiplyer augment, then put on Iron Skin for huge number on Iron Skin.

1 hour ago, DeeDeetheSpy said:

Yeah. I have a Rhino Build that builds up stacks of armor, charges for the multiplyer augment, then put on Iron Skin for huge number on Iron Skin.

Sounds like a good use of it!

I've had the exact same issue as well, for well over a year.

5 hours ago, DeeDeetheSpy said:

Oh yeah, I have had 60k+ armor numbers off of it. Though only screen shot I got was at 56k.

I do the same thing, and with a fissure buff active I got this:

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-format=jpeg&output-quality=95&fit=inside%7C1024%3A560&composite-to=*,*%7C1024%3A560&background-color=black

I haven't used the Broken Scepter much, but the wiki says the following:

The Broken Scepter has two small orbs that orbit around it, which act as an indicator of how many times the player can use the Scepter's draining ability consecutively. One orb is consumed when performing a drain, and if both orbs are consumed the player will be unable to drain enemy corpses until the orbs regenerate.

Could this be your issue?

9 minutes ago, SteveCutler said:

Perhaps, as long as the little spinning orbs are still floating around, then it totally could be.

9 hours ago, SteveCutler said:

After testing, it's off and on. When it works, the orb mechanic functions as shown. I'd kill a bunch of guys, sap 3 of them, and then it stops working. Then I did an Onslaught and it would not function at all no matter how many orbs there was. Even tried some other missions and it was off and on it seems.