Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

reporting

DJAnym

Question

why can we only report for chat related offenses? what if someone just does nothing during an endless mission when the squad needs all 4 people to work together.

Edited by DJAnym

12 answers to this question

2 minutes ago, GinKenshin said:

you can report them to support, take screenshots/vid and submit it there with all the info you can muster 

People are inherently lazy and want it in-game for the growing number of leechers they've seen. 

So until this is resolved, I agree with this approach.  

18 minutes ago, DJAnym said:

why can we only report for chat related offenses? what if someone just does nothing during an endless mission when the squad needs all 4 people to work together.

Sadly Leechers have been an issue for long time in Warframe. There is no perfect solution for it yet.

What you can do is Take a screenshot of the person where they are idling and of the mission summery at the end then report on the Support page attaching the screenshots as evidence.

Should [DE] find there is enough proof, they will punish the player.

Just now, BiancaRoughfin said:

Sadly Leechers have been an issue for long time in Warframe. There is no perfect solution for it yet.

What you can do is Take a screenshot of the person where they are idling and of the mission summery at the end then report on the Support page attaching the screenshots as evidence.

Should [DE] find there is enough proof, they will punish the player.

can't they just add a function that sends the report to support, without having to go out of the game?

2 minutes ago, MBaldelli said:

People are inherently lazy and want it in-game for the growing number of leechers they've seen. 

I don't even think laziness is the issue, I think the growing numbers are the issue. 

I personally have no problem taking a screenshot and firing off a submission to support to report a player...except when I encounter 5 or 6 or more of these types of parasites in rapid succession and am left with a folder full of screenshots and a dissertation to type out to DE support to get them all submitted. And in the end I know my one single report will do absolutely nothing, if everybody encountering issues with all of these offending players is not also sculpting graduate level thesis papers about their run-ins and submitting them to DE then action will not ever be taken. 

An in-game system solves this, it makes reporting instantaneous, simple, and allows DE to see actual real time numbers for each and every offender. It would require a little bit more work on their end sorting out the false reports from the real ones (and getting rid of their ridiculous auto-kick and ban bots and instead sticking real humans in chairs to read things), but that's what you have a community team for, to respond to the community and make sure they feel welcomed and heard. Many other games have a built in system for reporting offenders and have in recent times begun cracking down on toxic and leeching behaviors more and more in their games, DE should really step up and join the crowd in weeding out the pustules on the backside of the community.

Just now, Prime said:

There already is... Click on a players name in chat and choose "report"

no. that is only chat related. "spam, harrasment, real life threat" etc. nothing for in-game offenses 

il y a 12 minutes, MBaldelli a dit :

So basically lazy people complaining about lazy people ? :3

1 hour ago, Lannen said:

I don't even think laziness is the issue, I think the growing numbers are the issue. 

Be it path of least resistance or laziness, you're haggling semantics at this point.  The fact of the matter is, when it comes to in-game reporting or as @GinKenshin suggested and I endorsed to the OP), people will naturally veer toward ingame reporting because of its convenience.  Even you support this based on the later justifications in your counter to me.  

The problem is that this has been going on for more than 5 years and only recently there has been an increased outcry from the player base wanting more convenience touting it as quality of life improvement.  The fact is that you can report it all you want.  So far I've seen a lot of want to reporting for this, but not one of the messages I've seen wanting this improvement has rarely to never suggested consequences for these leeching actions.  

Do we ban them from even playing the game?  Do we simply ban them from playing public?  And if so, for how long?  

Better still, what happens if there's a long SLA for the requests for actions to be taken?  Is there going to be an outcry like what FDev went through with their problem:  Combat logging?  Is there going to be a riot with pitchforks and torches to the town square to burn the monster?  

Or even more relevant; what happens when people use this suggestion as a means of bullying other players?  

Because let's face it, we have another rather nagging problem when it comes to banning -- this happening in the forums with in-game chat -- and people have been whinging about the unfairness of those chat bans along with the whys of those automated decision.    

How DE is going to address this remains to be seen; given that we currently have an in-game solution (read: Band Aid) people don't want to hear anymore from the veterans that have dealt with and circumvented this non-existent solution:  those being the options to run a mission with friends, invite only or solo.  Or the part about blocking users too which is often ignored as an alternative to this problem.  

Edited by MBaldelli
apparently the synonym for haggle isn't allowed

I don't think we need to report everyone for it either, what DE gonna do? "Oh this guy was leeching or lagging, idk but they got reported so lets ban them from the game or restrict them to solo play a while" I have experienced people lagging to the point of not being able to exit the starter room etc. what we should have is a vote kick system. It applies when people do a game with friends and forget to switch it off public ( I have met people practically screech autistically and cussing me out for not leaving their match instantly)

A Vote kick system would be far more efficient and useful and since the reasons to kick can differ from person to person.  It shouldn't affect the "quit rate/ mission fail" stats. but act like when you get disconnected from host. 

Edited by Reican

42 minutes ago, Reican said:

A Vote kick system would be far more efficient and useful and since the reasons to kick can differ from person to person.  It shouldn't affect the "quit rate/ mission fail" stats. but act like when you get disconnected from host. 

Vote kicks come with the problems and preconceived notions that do boil down to gang-bullying.  Particularly when you have three people on the team getting all like-minded about the odd-man-out to fill the squad fully.   This has been discussed on dev streams years ago on why it hasn't been incorporated. 

But the problem is often people with bad connection that get accused of leeching as well. If we gonna report everyone with a bad connection because we think they may be leechers. DE would have to punish people for accidentally join bad hosts or have a slow internet. if you see them wander about opening lockers for loot, you can't really call that leeching either as they might just need some resources that can be found in that mission And if you join Pubs, low ranking people who simply don't know what to do might seem to be leeching too.