Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma

ZectorV1

11 hours ago, Salt_Chroma said:

You're wrong about the survivability.  After the nerf, the highest ehp Chroma can achieve is around 50k-ish, and that's only if he is using Quick Thinking.  A good Rhino, on the other hand, can easily get over 100k ehp.

The issue is that Rhino will never be able to achieve the same EHP/S from grace/life steal, making his EHP pool progressively more vulnerable when facing high damage and especially vulnerable in between armor casts. I can take you to simulacrum to show you.

5 hours ago, AnGeL_KRoM said:

As a Chroma main, I can say Chroma can survive where others can't. One of the best frames for me.  My wallet is ready for his primed access :clem:

This is because of people being stubborn on using ice.  USE FIRE!!!!! Chroma does NOT need quick thinking at all. 

Keep this in mind: if you need quick thinking for chroma.... it is because you don't know how to build chroma.

This is just my opinion.

As former Chroma main, I got spreadsheets for days to prove the exact opposite to be true. But hey, fire makes you unique, so cheers to ya.

During high slash-proc situations fire will be superior, but how often do yo get those.

Also QT at least doubles your EHP.

30 minutes ago, SenariousNex said:

The issue is that Rhino will never be able to achieve the same EHP/S from grace/life steal, making his EHP pool progressively more vulnerable when facing high damage and especially vulnerable in between armor casts. I can take you to simulacrum to show you.

As former Chroma main, I got spreadsheets for days to prove the exact opposite to be true. But hey, fire makes you unique, so cheers to ya.

During high slash-proc situations fire will be superior, but how often do yo get those.

Also QT at least doubles your EHP.

You know the more armor you get, the less protection you gain, dont you??

With 2 arcane guardians you get enough armor for not to need using ice. That is why I think fire is better when you already have 1000+ armor. If not.... Then I think is the most balanced option.

Edited by AnGeL_KRoM

4 minutes ago, AnGeL_KRoM said:

You know the more armor you get, the less protection you gain, dont you??

With 2 arcane guardians you get enough armor for not to need using ice. That is why I think fire is better when you already have 1000+ armor. If not.... Then I think is the most balanced one.

Thinking about diminishing returns in armor calculation is very counter intuitive. For example if you have 10% reduction, an additional 0.1% damage reduction is an absolute nonfactor, whist if you have 99.5% damage reduction and get another 0.1%, it will be the same as gaining a 20% remaining damage reduction (extreme examples but they demonstrate how EHP is calculated. So, true, stacking armor has a diminishing effect, but when you really sit down and calculate your EHP and EHP/S you will see exactly what is better. 

Last calculations I've done were pre-nerf and with fire you could reach a solid 70k EHP with a maxed out build and about 50k with a optimized build, with ice it was 250k maxed and 170k optimized (optimized for at least 1 min duration) That was of-course with Arc Guardian at 20% vs 600 flat. 

Post-nerf fire and ice are a lot closer, but if I were to sit down and calculate again, my money would still be on ice.

17 hours ago, AnGeL_KRoM said:

As a Chroma main, I can say Chroma can survive where others can't. One of the best frames for me.  My wallet is ready for his primed access :clem:

This is because of people being stubborn on using ice.  USE FIRE!!!!! Chroma does NOT need quick thinking at all. 

Keep this in mind: if you need quick thinking for chroma.... it is because you don't know how to build chroma.

This is just my opinion.

I AM using fire.  The only time I use ice now is when I get to missing my old fashionframe.  If you know so much about how to build Chroma, show me a build that can reach 50k ehp without Quick Thinking.  The only Chroma builds I know of that could do that don't exist anymore.

Edit: Just thought I should add some stuff about the builds I'm using.  I run a few different builds, but all of them use 2 arcane guardians and have 850 or more hp.  Out of my builds, the one with the highest power strength has 324 strength.  I could have even more than that, but it would require sacrificing some things.  I guarantee you that I do indeed know how to build Chroma.

Edited by Salt_Chroma

16 hours ago, Salt_Chroma said:

I AM using fire.  The only time I use ice now is when I get to missing my old fashionframe.  If you know so much about how to build Chroma, show me a build that can reach 50k ehp without Quick Thinking.  The only Chroma builds I know of that could do that don't exist anymore.

Edit: Just thought I should add some stuff about the builds I'm using.  I run a few different builds, but all of them use 2 arcane guardians and have 850 or more hp.  Out of my builds, the one with the highest power strength has 324 strength.  I could have even more than that, but it would require sacrificing some things.  I guarantee you that I do indeed know how to build Chroma.

Between new Chroma Tennogen (have you SEEN THEM???!) and Chroma Prime Coming out (ohhh YES), we need that rework.

You know, DE should find some middle ground

He still does respectable damage numbers, even with the nerfed Vexed Armour

But his armour buff should be returned to stacking multiplicatively

Keep his damage nerfed, but his survivability returned to normal

6 hours ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

Between new Chroma Tennogen (have you SEEN THEM???!) and Chroma Prime Coming out (ohhh YES), we need that rework.

YES!  Chroma Prime is going to look so amazing, I just know it.  I'm buying his Prime Access as soon as it comes out.

1 hour ago, Salt_Chroma said:

YES!  Chroma Prime is going to look so amazing, I just know it.  I'm buying his Prime Access as soon as it comes out.

I know I would definitely be farming for him too when his Prime Access comes out. A Primed Dragon would be very nice to have.