Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Remove energy draining enemies from Sanctuary Onslaught

a_fish.

For the love of god, please remove the type of enemies which suck all of your energy, it's a stupid mechanic that pushes players to go 50m in the air to find a place where they can regenerate their energy

I'm playing AoE Warframes, some with normal efficiency, and I never have any energy problem. Because I am actually able to focus and destroy energy leeching enemies fast enough to replenish energy through Zenurik (someone always has Zenurik in a squad).

They're part of the challenge.

You could also ask to remove Nullifiers because they can't be hit by spells, you could also ask to remove any single type of mobs because they could kill you, and you can't use spells when u ded but...

pzv5j7l.jpg

Edited by Chewarette

I don't think they should be removed, but I do think there is a problem with them.

My problem with them is the fact that a lot of the time you have no idea there is one somewhere around you unless you deliberately look at the energy bar to see it go down. There is no indication besides that.

You have no idea if they spawned above / below you. This being especialy true in Onslaught since they always spawn everywhere and you can be surrounded by like 5 of the things.

I think they should just add like a visual representation of your energy being drained.

Like for example you know how when you do a capture, and you melt the target into atoms and absorb it into your hand? That kind of visual thing going from you to the energy leecher so you see who is draining you so you can react accordingly would be nice I think.

Edited by MaxCrazyDude
Typo

32 minutes ago, a_fish. said:

All the players who go for a dps warframe in ESO just stay on top of the map to regen their energy.

no they don't.
Onslaught as it stands is about mapwiping continuously, so that Enemies exist for a few seconds at most. so that means whatever Energy Drain Eximus basically does nothing to you.

now in general, sure i agree that with say Infested - 90%+ of the Eximus Types that are possible being Energy Drain is <REDACTED> absolutely ridiculous and why aren't there more Eximus Types so that there's some actual variety.
but in Onslaught it basically doesn't matter.

Focus, energy siphon, arcane energize, rage are some exaples of gaining energy

Also keep in mind that efficient killing isn't 100% dependant from ability kills, weapons can be used aswell.

Edited by KIREEK

must point out that to new players they really drain the fun out of you, I created a new account to see what it was like and energy drain enemies are just obnoxious because as a new player the only way to get energy is by getting energy orbs on the ground and those are of course random so sometimes it can take me 2 minutes before I get say 50 energy but then a energy drain comes along and takes it all away