Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Alerts list nightmare flytrap's - 'feels bad man'

MVP-SE

I'm MR7 and on a vanilla Oberon, I check the listed Alerts in the Navigation-UI and see Roche (Phobos) Level 14-16 and ready to click it for a level 14-16 capture mission or color pigment collection for the me-myself-and-I Ghost clan, easy, you know. But, I had this feeling, so I clicked Phobos and there we are, again; a level 24-26 Nightmare mission. A fly-trap as far as fly-trap's go, I'd say. Now, I don't do nightmare missions, I don't do anything but the low level vanilla capture, sabotage and exterminate missions to level up my weapon's. So, please, just don't build fly-trap's, just don't, okay.

//MVP

Look at the Alert.

If it rewards a Mod you don't recognize, link it into chat.

If the mod has two stats, it's a Nightmare mission.

If you recognize the Mod, then you should know whether or not it is a Nightmare mission.

Though I could see them stating (Nightmare) somewhere in the Alert.

1 minute ago, Fiftycentis said:

When you select a node you have the popup to choose the mission if there are more than one, so you can choose between normal mission, alert, nightmare, syndicate, other special missions, there's no trap

He's talking about clicking on an alert straight from the box on the right of the nav menu. That list doesn't tell you if anything is different about the alert.

6 minutes ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

He's talking about clicking on an alert straight from the box on the right of the nav menu. That list doesn't tell you if anything is different about the alert.

I could've sworn most nightmare alerts have mission descriptions related to nightmare.

30 minutes ago, MVP-SE said:

I don't do anything but the low level vanilla capture, sabotage and exterminate missions to level up my weapon's.

That must take forever to level them then. Have you heard of Akkad or Hydron? That is where you go to level things quickly and efficiently.

The screen zooms in on the planet and node the mission is on before starting so if you pay attention you can quickly cancel when you see a red triangle on the mission node,and as the guy above me said if you're levelling stuff go to hydron or ask someone to take you if you haven't unlocked the node yet, much more efficient to farm do and focus there.

il y a 40 minutes, (XB1)BigLithuanian a dit :

That must take forever to level them then. Have you heard of Akkad or Hydron? That is where you go to level things quickly and efficiently.

You mean that's where you go if you want other people to give you xp by whipping the map while you just stand there, waiting.

It might be efficient and faster than other methods, but that doesn't mean it's fun. Most people don't even try the weapons they're leveling because they just think it's MR fodder. How can you say that you "mastered" the weapon when you didn't even use it? IMHO, it's probably even worst than ol'Draco due to how brokenly effective some abilities/weapons/combos are at whipping entire tilesets nowadays.

And even if you find a good squad that let's you play, do you really think a MR 7 player (who seems to be struggling a little with a lvl 24-26 Nightmare mission, from what I understand) would do great in a lvl 30+ mission with AoE Toxin and energy leeches everywhere?

Everything noted and 'tah' for the input.

About the MR7 struggle: I'm staying MR7 until a MR8-trial isn't an RNG-jump with a XB-controller. It's like flappy paddle's in a sportcar with the AI-system going; 'Oh, you want second gear, let me think about it... No I'm giving you third gear, too bad." It wouldn't surprise me if the bullet-jump-key press has to go half-way around the world over the Internet and then back for some odd reason and like a flappy-paddle sportscar you just walk away from middle-of-the-road-horse-manure like that.

On topic: As a casual I have to trust the interface telling me what's coming my way and the interface doesn't. I shouldn't have to somehow know if a 'pling' with 'plong' added in the Alert's suddenly is a no shield's +10-level nightmare mission. Then there's the lag and glitches, having the mission description -- at best -- blink once in an instant before I'm committed to a mission. So, fly-trap mission's and it's annoying. Now, as it stands, I really can't trust the interface in WF and if I can't trust the interface in WF, what's left of the challenge in WF except a fly-trap or even worse; me as 'a tool' to DE.

Finally, I'm a solo-player. I do *not want to befriend, team-up or tag along. WF to me is like an excellent successor to Battlefront 2 Classic; more maps, more variation, more fun and a system spaghetti-programmed to 'go full meatgrinder' when I'm at full health (perma.) -- pox, tox and energy leaches everywhere. Hilarious. So, soloing at MR7 is fine by me as long as I'm not 'taken for a ride' or 'at the wrong end' of a programming glitch and thereby lies my concern and annoyance.

//MVP

1 hour ago, MVP-SE said:

About the MR7 struggle: I'm staying MR7 until a MR8-trial isn't an RNG-jump with a XB-controller. It's like flappy paddle's in a sportcar with the AI-system going; 'Oh, you want second gear, let me think about it... No I'm giving you third gear, too bad." It wouldn't surprise me if the bullet-jump-key press has to go half-way around the world over the Internet and then back for some odd reason and like a flappy-paddle sports car you just walk away from middle-of-the-road-horse-manure like that.

the MR trials wont change so you'll forever be a MR7. The MR8 test isn't even that hard, you telling me that https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiTWPl1QD6I is "like flappy paddle's in a sports car with the AI-system going; 'Oh, you want second gear, let me think about it... No I'm giving you third gear, too bad.".

1 hour ago, MVP-SE said:

On topic: As a casual I have to trust the interface telling me what's coming my way and the interface doesn't. I shouldn't have to somehow know if a 'pling' with 'plong' added in the Alert's suddenly is a no shield's +10-level nightmare mission. Then there's the lag and glitches, having the mission description -- at best -- blink once in an instant before I'm committed to a mission. So, fly-trap mission's and it's annoying. Now, as it stands, I really can't trust the interface in WF and if I can't trust the interface in WF, what's left of the challenge in WF except a fly-trap or even worse; me as 'a tool' to DE.

the interface does, if there's an alert and a nightmare mission of the same node there's a prompt that says whether you want to play the alert, nightmare or normal mission. the mission description doesn't blink once, it's always on screen and is marked.

Now, why would DE make a fly-trap ? (they didn't), why would they put inexperienced players against things that they cant fight ? (they didn't) that would only drive people away so it seems rather stupid for them to do that... It's your fault, no one to blame but yourself, slow down when you're clicking, read what the mission type you're going to play is that way this'll never happen again.

@hellodownthere

Section 1: MR7 forever as in PLC EoL or until an acceptable Anthem comes out? Well, yes, and I'm fine with that. I'm just a run-of-the-mill casual gamer, enticed by the DE slogan "Ninjas play for Free" -- thinking; 'there's *nothing as a free lunch, let's find out what's what, about that.'

Section 2a: The interface does and it doesn't. I'm usually in The Void having a laugh at WF going bonker's. Alerts by top left 'menu' in the UI say's something like mission so-and-so on site-and-target (Level 14-16) and absolutely *nothing, nada, niente about Nightmare mode and, say, level 21-24, which usually in my case end up as level 28-30 hordes of Eximus and what-not. Then WF starts to rattle through the code and I enter mission in absolute rubberband-mode; one (1) beep/blipp/pling in the UI telling me my alert is suddenly nightmare mode, giving me one (1) second to go 'oh, crap..."  and then I'm buzzing away in space to my, well, fly-trap, a.k.a. destination. If I cancel, that would ruin my 93% (or such) success rate and I don't want that, because I'm testing an idea about high success rates and/or full health in The Void-map's

Section 2b: Well, there's my take on the problem; an obvious WF fly-trap as in; 'get this so-and-so'-avatar dead, then dead and dead as dead until he/she/it moves into group-play so DE can capitalize on user-to-user rivalry and group pressure -- and that's okay by me, DE is running a business of this age and a pretty successful one at that. Your position and take on the problem? Well, sorry, I'm at a loss, because I don't do a solar map-planet-site check (clickety-click-click… clickety-click… -- I believe, or is that a further clickety-click to go?) before I select a listed alert in the interface (UI)

Section 8: Nothing much to say about that. I'm moving on in my brilliant MR7 Void-missions

Finally, well, you know what they say; 'Have a nice one...'

//MVP