Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

please fix Helios prime scanning

420RULEZ

like the post says Helios prime scanning is unreliable and yes I am checking to see if I can scan each thing it ignores manually and even equipped both types of scanners and it still ignores 90% of all scans

vor 29 Minuten schrieb peterc3:

It takes a moment to "lock on" to scan something and it will only scan something you haven't completed in the Codex. It also needs line of sight, which may not be the same as your line of sight.

Still, sometimes Helios fails to scan even if i stand in front of a Cephalon Fragments for a few seconds. Kinda annoying.

5 minutes ago, kaldewej said:

Still, sometimes Helios fails to scan even if i stand in front of a Cephalon Fragments for a few seconds. Kinda annoying.

It won't scan fragments that you've already completed.  (This can be non-obvious, especially if you're doing an Alert and notice a fragment.  Alerts seem to cluster on certain map locations, so it's actually pretty likely you've got all of them for that world.)  If it's not scanning ones that aren't complete, then it's down to line of sight problems.  Some of the fragments are just placed really weird, and unfortunately a lot of stuff will block or break Line of Sight.  Helios is a lot higher than you are, and what looks like a clear shot to you might look like "a random hanging wire" to Helios.  😞

nope fails to do any scans of plants any have the simaris mod and it doesn't scan enemies half the time too

edit: I must mention I tried repositioning and made sure that all visible obstructions where not in line with helios and the item and made sure the item was still manually scannable and that the mod for scanning was in the common sense based higher priority slot than the "shoot" or other mods that may take higher priority than "scan this target"

Edited by 420RULEZ
additional data

5 hours ago, 420RULEZ said:

nope fails to do any scans of plants any have the simaris mod and it doesn't scan enemies half the time too

edit: I must mention I tried repositioning and made sure that all visible obstructions where not in line with helios and the item and made sure the item was still manually scannable and that the mod for scanning was in the common sense based higher priority slot than the "shoot" or other mods that may take higher priority than "scan this target"

Well, the other condition is that you have to still have "scans remaining" to fill up your codex.  Helios will ignore anything once you've scanned it enough times to fill the codex entries.  Which is kind of annoying for the plants, since they're *also* a resource you collect via scanning.  And points for Simaris, since you can easily fill your daily allowance by stealth clearing an Exterminate, and scanning each group of enemies before you wipe them out.

As far as ignoring cephalon or somachord fragments when they're still valid targets... all I can say is that I'm not encountering this behavior.  It doesn't mean there isn't a bug, just that it's not currently bugging out for me.  😞  Sorry I can't be more help.

3 minutes ago, EmberStar said:

Well, the other condition is that you have to still have "scans remaining" to fill up your codex.  Helios will ignore anything once you've scanned it enough times to fill the codex entries.  Which is kind of annoying for the plants, since they're *also* a resource you collect via scanning.  And points for Simaris, since you can easily fill your daily allowance by stealth clearing an Exterminate, and scanning each group of enemies before you wipe them out.

As far as ignoring cephalon or somachord fragments when they're still valid targets... all I can say is that I'm not encountering this behavior.  It doesn't mean there isn't a bug, just that it's not currently bugging out for me.  😞  Sorry I can't be more help.

well you don't get the issues but I would like to have custom options like "always scan collectables" and "always scan ememies" and such since most people I know of created helios early was for scanning but then upgraded to prime only to find out they used a different ai package or changed the ai that worked perfectly in a previous patch/update

I have to agree with this as using a Prime helios I haven't completed my scans of infested tumors and even just standing in front of it he would start to scan and then suddenly just stop and no amount of positioning would work. Something may have been altered when they fixed his attack precept bug and it's now messing with the scanning precepts.

12 hours ago, (PS4)Tenchi145 said:

I have to agree with this as using a Prime helios I haven't completed my scans of infested tumors and even just standing in front of it he would start to scan and then suddenly just stop and no amount of positioning would work. Something may have been altered when they fixed his attack precept bug and it's now messing with the scanning precepts.

really he had attack issues before? interesting I never noticed that but now some people don't notice helios prime scanning problems... perhaps both issues have an underlying cause nobody noticed and the attempt to fix one messed up the other... sounds like a classic "fix the symptoms not the cause"

Edited by 420RULEZ
spelling error

Am 6.7.2018 um 14:17 schrieb 420RULEZ:

crap maybe it is cpu based since some people have low end cpu's and in my case my high end is at 100% with a mining program running at lowest priority

What are you mining with your CPU? That sounds like a terrible idea...

1 hour ago, kaldewej said:

What are you mining with your CPU? That sounds like a terrible idea...

well I have a ryzen 7 1700 and my cpu gets 20c per day where my gpu loses 5c per day and I do it because I am making money. btw most people don't know how to set mining programs to not cause responsiveness issues because most of them default to normal priority and you have to set it to low or idle so it doesn't steal time from core processes and games. based on my config it can't be cpu limits since it is like running idle prime95 it just uses leftover cpu time to mine but allows all other programs to run first. just thought for a moment it may be causing an issue due to poor code priorities of the game before I realized the whole game (even the lowest threads of the game) are still higher priority than the miner

vor 2 Stunden schrieb 420RULEZ:

well I have a ryzen 7 1700 and my cpu gets 20c per day where my gpu loses 5c per day and I do it because I am making money. btw most people don't know how to set mining programs to not cause responsiveness issues because most of them default to normal priority and you have to set it to low or idle so it doesn't steal time from core processes and games. based on my config it can't be cpu limits since it is like running idle prime95 it just uses leftover cpu time to mine but allows all other programs to run first. just thought for a moment it may be causing an issue due to poor code priorities of the game before I realized the whole game (even the lowest threads of the game) are still higher priority than the miner

Maybe you are "earning" money by mining with your CPU, but your power bill will be the problem which you don't seem to include. CPU mining, especially in a private environment doesn't make any sense.

3 minutes ago, kaldewej said:

Maybe you are "earning" money by mining with your CPU, but your power bill will be the problem which you don't seem to include. CPU mining, especially in a private environment doesn't make any sense.

nope at 0.0618$ per kwh I get about 15cents per day profit based on tdp so it is more likely to be 10cents due to thermal headroom of the 95w rgb cooler on the 65w cpu

vor 26 Minuten schrieb 420RULEZ:

nope at 0.0618$ per kwh I get about 15cents per day profit based on tdp so it is more likely to be 10cents due to thermal headroom of the 95w rgb cooler on the 65w cpu

What the hell, where do you live to have such a low price per kwh?

2 minutes ago, kaldewej said:

What the hell, where do you live to have such a low price per kwh?

I small historic town with electricity that goes out for 3 hours once a month but with up to 6 hours of lead acid goodness I can mine all night

you jealous enough yet? LOL

but seriously my OP electricity prices and zen build matter little besides the interaction of the game engine and hardware when it comes to looky prime and his terrible eyes on some pc's

Edited by 420RULEZ
additional data

Dev's? please I want to be able to farm health restores but the sheer tedium of manually scanning all the required plants is too much let alone helios prime seems unable to properly use simiaris's [Detect Vunerability] mod since it required post filled codex scans that the prime helios seems to dumb to know how to do

update: now only codex scanners work in top center gear slot only but at least it scans at all would like synthesis next the slot limitation is ok

edit: jumped the gun tried putting synthesis scanners in the first gear slot and it broke the codex scanning

Edited by 420RULEZ

I don't understand why it is so hard to fix helios scanning isn't it as simple as a check over whether something is manually scannable then the addition of if an enemy is no longer manually scannable + whatever the vulnerability scan limit is? why create new code/ai routines if the existing system can be referenced?